Hotels suggestions for New Orleans

OceanDreams

For our cruise this past March (2012) we stayed at the Maison St. Charles Quality Inn and Suites on St. Charles Avenue (east end of the Garden District). We have stayed on the edge of the French Quarter for past trips and were very pleased with the Maison St. Charles (will definitely stay there again). The area is quieter, very lovely, walkable to many eating spots, etc. Street car stops right in front of the hotel which can connect you to all of the popular areas at very little cost - and a great way to see the sites !! Also, it was only about 10 minutes by cab to the port.

Did they have a separate charge for parking?

For our cruise this past March (2012) we stayed at the Maison St. Charles Quality Inn and Suites on St. Charles Avenue (east end of the Garden District). We have stayed on the edge of the French Quarter for past trips and were very pleased with the Maison St. Charles (will definitely stay there again). The area is quieter, very lovely, walkable to many eating spots, etc. Street car stops right in front of the hotel which can connect you to all of the popular areas at very little cost - and a great way to see the sites !! Also, it was only about 10 minutes by cab to the port.

Very good property. I have out of town friends that like to stay there. The streetcar stop is a gigantic plus.

We stayed in New Orleans about 10-15 years ago at a beautiful older hotel, but can't remember the name. Maybe someone can figure it out. The hotel was near the French Quarter. It was a huge white building. The hotel's front and back both had street entrances; one of the entrances was on a lower street, where you had to climb stairs to get to the entrance, the other did not. The hotel was built in the later 1800's, burned down, was rebuilt and had another fire in the early 1900's. Rebuilt again. They had cigarette sand urns throughout the lobby and hallways, which were always clean and had their logo pressed into the sand. We THINK the logo was a W, but could be wrong about that. Any suggestions??? Thanks!

I just seen that the Hotel Monteleone is having a summer special and the double rooms are only $119. We booked our room there. On their web site there is a small link in the upper right corner that says $119

My wife and I are doing a five-day cruise out of NOLA late July. We've been looking for the stay and park cruise specials at some of the local hotels, since we'll be driving to NOLA. Does anyone have experience with the Courtyard - Downtown Convention Center on Julia Street? Looks close enough to the Port as well as to the French Quarter. Is the parking at the hotel, covered and secure? Any other thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. We cruise on 7/28. Thanks!

I just bought the 4* Downtown New Orleans area hotel for $74.00 and it turned out to be the Hilton New Orleans Riverside right next to the port. Very happy...

Any tips on how to narrow down the odds of getting that hotel for our pre cruise stay in December?

Any tips on how to narrow down the odds of getting that hotel for our pre cruise stay in December?

It can be hard with Hotwire to know exactly which hotel you are getting. After seeing the $74 Hilton Riverside I checked for my dates in Sept and Hotwire was showing $96 for the 4* in Downtown NOLA.

The site that I used for booking my NOLA hotel room is last minute travel .com

and they hide the name of the hotel on the website, but do show pictures, so it is easy to figure out which hotel you are booking, but the biggest plus for LMT is that if you call them, they will tell you the name of the hotel! We booked the Hilton Garden Inn Convention Center for $58 a night.

Michelle

It can be hard with Hotwire to know exactly which hotel you are getting. After seeing the $74 Hilton Riverside I checked for my dates in Sept and Hotwire was showing $96 for the 4* in Downtown NOLA.

The site that I used for booking my NOLA hotel room is last minute travel .com

and they hide the name of the hotel on the website, but do show pictures, so it is easy to figure out which hotel you are booking, but the biggest plus for LMT is that if you call them, they will tell you the name of the hotel! We booked the Hilton Garden Inn Convention Center for $58 a night.

Michelle

Last minute travel is great. I used Hotwire thinking I was going to get the Inter-Continental based on Better Bidding forums.

Better Bidding is a great site that helps you get the best deals using Hotwire or Priceline: http://www.betterbidding.com/

Fellow CC members I need you help please. We are going to be cruising in August from New Orleans and need some advice on the best Hotel in New Orleans. Is it better to stay close to the port or in the French Quarter area or Garden Area or the Downtown area. I am not familiar at all with New Orleans so any information you can share is great. The price is will be around $100.00 to $150.00.

Thanks in advance.

OceanDreams

I Love New orleans and have stayed there a number of times. We prefer staying in the Quarter as it is well policed. Crime has risen dramatically since Katrina. Recently we stayed at the Hotel Monteleone and loved it . . . . the Holiday Inn is similarly located but not as nice.

I just bought the 4* Downtown New Orleans area hotel for $74.00 and it turned out to be the Hilton New Orleans Riverside right next to the port. Very happy...

cch-how do you know what hotel you get? Do they have a link on there with pictures like the other site (last minute travel) does that someone else mentioned?

I seen a "4* Downtown New Orleans" hotel listed on there for $97 but it's hard to tell if that is where it actually is. Any hints? Or could there be more?

I'm trying to figure out something for December as well. We stayed at the Drury last September and would love to stay there again, however, it's around $269 for the night and no way am I willing to pay that much.

Hummm....I just looked at the Drury in New Orleans, and they are listing their King bed, non smoking room for $124.00 for December 1st. We might be giving them a try instead of one that we had picked out earlier.

Booked the Country Inn and Suites on LMT for just under $100 per night for Nov 30 and Dec 1. Includes breakfast and has great reviews on TA. Is located on Magazine Street just outside Fr. Quarter so should be good for getting to everything we want to see.

My wife and I are doing a five-day cruise out of NOLA late July. We've been looking for the stay and park cruise specials at some of the local hotels, since we'll be driving to NOLA. Does anyone have experience with the Courtyard - Downtown Convention Center on Julia Street? Looks close enough to the Port as well as to the French Quarter. Is the parking at the hotel, covered and secure? Any other thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. We cruise on 7/28. Thanks!

Just noticed your post

We stayed here back in May of this year when we sailed on the Elation. The public areas were undergoing renovations but the room we had was very nice.

It is within walking distance to the FQ, a couple of blocks from the streetcar station and is close to the port - although I wouldn't recommend walking there. Not very pedestrian friendly. The parking is fairly secure but not covered - its in a gated lot across the back alley from the hotel.

Hummm....I just looked at the Drury in New Orleans, and they are listing their King bed, non smoking room for $124.00 for December 1st. We might be giving them a try instead of one that we had picked out earlier.

We have a 1-night reservation at Drury for January 26, in a suite, for $137 plus taxes but I'm considering cancelling it as I just reserved 3 nights (including the 26th) at a hotel in the French Quarter, Le Richlieu. They have on-site parking for $20/night, whereas at the Drury they are building a new parking garage so cars are parked off-site and we really aren't sure we want to do that.

Archived