Salzburg help/opinion???

tstr

Hi all - I am on Avalon Tapestry now and they have made a few changes to our schedule and I need an opinion on Salzburg. We were going to skip Salzburg (not huge classical music fans) and just do Passau. Instead we have to either do full day trip to Salzburg or a short 1 hour tour of Passau then cruise river to Linz???? Weather will be very nice and we actually have not been on the river cruising at all yet because we had to start in Regensburg.

If anyone has an opinion on this please let me know ASAP!!!!

Thanks!!!

Hi all - I am on Avalon Tapestry now and they have made a few changes to our schedule and I need an opinion on Salzburg. We were going to skip Salzburg (not huge classical music fans) and just do Passau. Instead we have to either do full day trip to Salzburg or a short 1 hour tour of Passau then cruise river to Linz???? Weather will be very nice and we actually have not been on the river cruising at all yet because we had to start in Regensburg.

If anyone has an opinion on this please let me know ASAP!!!!

Thanks!!!

You don't want to miss Salzburg. It is one of the most beautiful small cities in Europe. Passau is lame by comparison.

You don't want to miss Salzburg. It is one of the most beautiful small cities in Europe. Passau is lame by comparison.

I agree. There's more than just classical music in Salzburg. There are quite a few interesting shops in the walking district and you don't want to miss the castle! :D

absolutely go to Salzburg and to get there from the ship you usually go through "the Vienna Woods!" Your return trip is usually by a different highway to meet your ship which has sailed on-- and Sand74 is right--gorgeous countryside.

Archived