Fridges in room question

When we were on the dream last year the fridge was filled with water and liquor that you had to pay for. I don’t remember the prices, but do they still have these? Can we ask that they be removed so that we don’t “accidently” get charged for one or get stupid and drink one??

We took all the beer out and left it on the counter with a note saying we needed the fridge for our stuff (milk from the buffet for the kids!).

Never got charged a thing.

Just let the steward know what you are doing.

This was on the Dream April 21, 2012 so its current info

We took all the beer out and left it on the counter with a note saying we needed the fridge for our stuff (milk from the buffet for the kids!).

Never got charged a thing.

Just let the steward know what you are doing.

This was on the Dream April 21, 2012 so its current info

The key is let your steward know and you will be fine.

Our experience is that things don't get cold very quickly, though. If you want a drink to get cold, you'll need to leave it overnight, not like a couple hours in your fridge at home. Not very high powered fridges! It's great if things are already cold, but room temp to cold takes awhile!

What type of fridge do the cabins on Freedom have? If I take the for sale items out of it, what can I fit inside?

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?33j3oz

They are the small "office" sized ones. They are more of a cooler than they are a fridge. The cabinet that they are in is locked when you board. Your cabin steward will ask if you want it unlocked or not.

These fridges do not get very cold...in fact, on our last cruise, we had some left -overs from the Steakhouse, and our steward advised us NOT to put the food in there unless it was going to get consumed that evening, as it is not cold enough to store food...it is more of a cooler for beverages...

We were on the Dream but I imagine it will be the same mini/bar fridge that doesn't hold a lot and as mentioned keeps things cool at best. We put maybe 4 small milk cartons in it and few other things but we did not empty it totally.

We took advice from another post and brought a collapsable zippered cooler bag. Steward filled it with ice every day and we kept pop and beer frosty cold all trip. Bag came from walmart and flattened out to fit in the outer pocket of one of our checked bags.

What type of fridge do the cabins on Freedom have? If I take the for sale items out of it, what can I fit inside?

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?33j3oz

They are not even large enough for a regular dinner plate like the Strawberries come on to fit. We only use them to keep hard boiled eggs, or wraps or left over canapes in. We bring zip lock baggies to store stuff in.

We had the steward empty the one in the boys room immediate.

Ours stayed cold. It also stayed full. We could put a small plate (like a room service dessert) in it. The configuation is for cans/little bottles

Archived