photo's from sailaways

Watson's aunt

Hi I will be on the Amsterdam this June. I am not sure if the Amsterdam has sailaways. I sailed last year but I stayed out on deck to watch us pull away from the dock. My Question is If I want to take photo's from the crows nest will the glass windows mess up my photo.

thanks

Mary

I think it might. I'm not a photographer so, hopefully, someone who is will chime in.

I had some issues in the Crow's Nest when we went to Cape Horn and got a few pictures of flash! I don't know if it was because of the bad weather or operator error. Some pictures did work but the quality wasn't great. In some, there is the reflection of other passengers in the window that is in the picture, too.

Personally, if the weather isn't an issue, I would try to be outside to take the pictures, if I were you.

Good Luck!

You will be leaving out of Seattle and sure there will be a sail-away. Yes you can take pictures from the Crow's Nest. Ofcourse it is always better not to be shooting thru glass, but what I have found, if you put the lense of your camera right against the glass, it works pretty good..have a great cruise.

Also. if you turn off your flash you should get some fairly good photos. I have taken lot;s there and if it isn't too sunny (reflections) then you should be fine.

Helen

You can have some issues with reflections, but if you turn off your flash, you can get shots through the window in the crow's nest. I took these on the Oosterdam in Sitka last year.

Thanks for sharing your great photos.

Archived