Nellie's Hillside Cabanas

CruisinDawn

Unless a hurricane is in the area, it rarely rains for the WHOLE DAY anywhere in the Carribean. If there were a storm in the area, the captian would not take his ship into that port. Put on your happy face and think positive thoughts.

We are going on Oasis in August and also have a cabana booked. I am very excited and it is a surprise for my husband and 2 kids. I have heard that they were assigned first come first served, but sounds like that is not the case, which is great, as I am not sure how early we want to get off the ship. Can you please tell me if snorkel equipment was supplied? TIA!

We are going on Oasis in August and also have a cabana booked. I am very excited and it is a surprise for my husband and 2 kids. I have heard that they were assigned first come first served, but sounds like that is not the case, which is great, as I am not sure how early we want to get off the ship. Can you please tell me if snorkel equipment was supplied? TIA!

Our cabana attendant asked if we needed snorkel equipment. We had our own. I assume that it is available. I don't know if there is a fee. There really isn't any snorkeling there at the beach. We went on the snorkel safari excursion through RCL and that was pretty good.

There's some variation here, but check at least 120 days out. It should be listed by 90 or so days out, but sometimes it can be 60 days out.

Well, that narrows it down! LOL Thanks, I guess I'll just start checking every day til it is listed.

Well, that narrows it down! LOL Thanks, I guess I'll just start checking every day til it is listed.

Aren't you glad you asked? LOL I've been waiting on ours to come up for a few weeks now. I've had cruises where booking became available around 125 days... and I've had them at 90 days. Sigh. They say patience is a virtue. ;)

Aren't you glad you asked? LOL I've been waiting on ours to come up for a few weeks now. I've had cruises where booking became available around 125 days... and I've had them at 90 days. Sigh. They say patience is a virtue. ;)

Believe it or not, St. Thomas excursions are listed but not San Juan, Labadee or St Martin. How in the world can they list some but not the others? Thanks and good luck with your excursions!

I'm watching too for myNovember cruise. Cozumel has been up since I booked. Falmouth just came available last night. Still no Labadee...sigh:rolleyes:

Well, that's good to know.. I'll be with you, checking daily. Let me know when Labadee comes up for you. I'll know that I shouldn't be too far behind.

Our cabana was an over-the-water cabana. I think there were 4-5 in a row on each side of the beach. Ours was the second one in on the left, as you faced the water.

I think that the pictures that you saw may have been of Barefoot beach. This is the suite-only beach and where the special buffet is. I was surprised by how far away some of them were away from the water. The beach cabanas on Nellie's are really not too far away from the water. As I stated before, they are about 15 yards(not feet) away from the water line. There are people sitting between those cabanas and the water. However, they are set up to be a little higher. There is no real barrier to the view. I wouldn't worry about it. I think that you will be pleased when you see them.

They called my cabin at about 4 PM the day before Labadee. They asked me how many would be in our cabana so that the chef could plan how much food to have out for the special buffet. She told me where to find the golf carts to take us directly to our cabana. She told me that all of the cabanas had been pre-assigned.

We docked at 8 am and got off the ship at 8:40. We were at our cabana before 9 am. We walked through the main gate that leads to all of the beaches and there were guys sitting there in golf carts. We showed them our tickets. They loaded us and our stuff and drove us right up to our cabana. It would be about a 10-15 minute walk. They put wrist bands on all of us to show that we were cabana guests. The beach was very uncrowded this early. By about 11 am, it was pretty crowded all over Labadee. We were happy to have our own private space.

The lunch was pretty good. There were ribs, chicken, hot dogs, burgers, shrimp skewers, fruit, potato salad, bread, corn on the cob, etc. It was nice not having to wait for lunch or fight a bunch of people at the buffet. You have to walk to the neighboring beach (Barefoot) for the lunch. The golf cart guys will take you back and forth to the ship or wherever as much as you like. It was really, really nice not to have to walk in the heat.

Thanks for all the info!!!!!!!!!:D That does make me feel better, the main reason we booked was for shade and the VIEW! So if all we saw were people sunbathing in front of us it would be a real drag (with only us 2, it was pretty pricey)! How high off the ground would you say they were elevated? Also, we don't eat pork and I read somewhere else that the upgraded buffet we get had both pork and BEEF ribs, do you know if that's true? Thanks again for all your answers, you've been soooo sweet!:o

We are 87 days out and every port EXCEPT for Labadee is available to book excursions. I have OCD so I check every couple of hours - LOL! I turn 50 on this cruise and I really want a cabana.

Thanks for all the info!!!!!!!!!:D That does make me feel better, the main reason we booked was for shade and the VIEW! So if all we saw were people sunbathing in front of us it would be a real drag (with only us 2, it was pretty pricey)! How high off the ground would you say they were elevated? Also, we don't eat pork and I read somewhere else that the upgraded buffet we get had both pork and BEEF ribs, do you know if that's true? Thanks again for all your answers, you've been soooo sweet!:o

I think the ribs were pork. However, they also had beef steak. Don't worry, you will not go hungry.

If you are sitting in the beach cabanas, your eyes will probably be about 8 feet off the ground. I don't think you will have a problem seeing the water.

Come back and let us know how it went when you get home.

My cruise is not till Feb 2013 and I have been checking every morning and evening to see when shore excursions open up. Some have been up for about a week for Cozumel, Caymans and Jamaica BUT just a few minutes ago Labadee was open,so surely for those cruises that are before mine ,should be open too. Was able to book a Hillside Cabana! Yay!! When you do the search, do not enter that you are searching for 2 guests, just enter 1 and the cabanas will appear. The ones for Suites say not available ,but all of the regular cabanas were available for MY cruise. Then when purchasing, just click for 1 of the guests on the reservation and everything should be fine. Good Luck!

Believe it or not, St. Thomas excursions are listed but not San Juan, Labadee or St Martin. How in the world can they list some but not the others? Thanks and good luck with your excursions!

I believe you! I wish I understood Royal Caribbean's thinking, but I don't!

We are 87 days out and every port EXCEPT for Labadee is available to book excursions. I have OCD so I check every couple of hours - LOL! I turn 50 on this cruise and I really want a cabana.

Add me to the OCD club! I've been checking frequently for our November cruise because we want a few cabanas as well. Fingers crossed for both of us! (And, happy birthday a little early!)

My cruise is not till Feb 2013 and I have been checking every morning and evening to see when shore excursions open up. Some have been up for about a week for Cozumel, Caymans and Jamaica BUT just a few minutes ago Labadee was open,so surely for those cruises that are before mine ,should be open too. Was able to book a Hillside Cabana! Yay!! When you do the search, do not enter that you are searching for 2 guests, just enter 1 and the cabanas will appear. The ones for Suites say not available ,but all of the regular cabanas were available for MY cruise. Then when purchasing, just click for 1 of the guests on the reservation and everything should be fine. Good Luck!

This is what I mean about Royal's system... it's just so unpredictable. We had a few excursions showing, then they went poof. Now there is NOTHING, not even for beverages! I'm waiting very (in)patiently...

Just checked for our Dec cruise and yes, the cabanas popped us as available to book (not there earlier this week).

My husband was adamant we shouldn't spend the money before the last cruise; however, he is the one that kept asking if I'd booked the cabana yet.

1183553464_tn2.jpg.e14fc1b35fb9ba30a62312f3ca822cf6.jpg

Just checked for our Dec cruise and yes, the cabanas popped us as available to book (not there earlier this week).

My husband was adamant we shouldn't spend the money before the last cruise; however, he is the one that kept asking if I'd booked the cabana yet.

We just booked an Over the Water at Nellies for the 12/3/12 Explorer...it wasn't posted on the website, but the suite cabanas were---I called RCI and was able to snag the Nellies--so psyched!! I've been checking 3-4 times a day since booking in March...

teddie

I think the ribs were pork. However, they also had beef steak. Don't worry, you will not go hungry.

If you are sitting in the beach cabanas, your eyes will probably be about 8 feet off the ground. I don't think you will have a problem seeing the water.

Come back and let us know how it went when you get home.

Are these the Beach Cabana's, not the Hillside or Overwater?? I never dreamed they were up that high, you're right the photos I saw of the ones on the beach must have been at Barefoot, cause they were right on the sand! If I knew they sat that far off the ground I won't have been worried about seeing over the people! :o

You have really put my mind at ease, thank you thank you thank you!!:D

We just booked an Over the Water at Nellies for the 12/3/12 Explorer...it wasn't posted on the website, but the suite cabanas were---I called RCI and was able to snag the Nellies--so psyched!! I've been checking 3-4 times a day since booking in March...

teddie

I just got 2 over the water cabanas for this cruise. It sure pays to follow cruise Critic! Thank you teddie for letting us know that they are available! See you in Labadee! We are also on the Explorer with you.

Well, that's good to know.. I'll be with you, checking daily. Let me know when Labadee comes up for you. I'll know that I shouldn't be too far behind.

Tanks so much for checking and making sure we all knew. So glad we all got our cabanas! :-)

Hey Guys,

Just book an over the water Cabana for our cruise in October. However it stated only 1 person should book it which I have done, however there are 3 people we are travelling with, how do I add them to get the added benefits like the upgraded food etc.

Does anyone know if there is a map with the cabana numbers on it for Nellies Beach? I have seen one for Barefoot Beach but not Nellies.

Does anyone know how many Nellie's Beach "Hillside" cabanas there are? I really want to be able to see the ship from our cabana and I am concerned about the position of some of the "Over the Water" cabanas at Nellies. We tend to enjoy our privacy more than being right on the beach so I am leaning towards a "Hillside". Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated!

thanks!!

Woo Hoo - finally Labadee excursions were released last night and I reserved our "Over the Water" cabana. So excited.

"Hey Guys,

Just book an over the water Cabana for our cruise in October. However it stated only 1 person should book it which I have done, however there are 3 people we are travelling with, how do I add them to get the added benefits like the upgraded food etc. "

The way I understand it is, you just book under 1 name and then they contact you on the ship the day before and ask how many people will be in the cabana. There will be six in ours. So.........excited!

Archived