Nellie's Hillside Cabanas

CruisinDawn

I booked an over the water cabana on Nellie's, I read its first come first serve for cabana assignments on Nellie's, but if I booked the over the water, there are only a few from what I can tell by your amazing pictures, they cant downgrade me to a beach one I guess is what I am asking, right?

Thanks for any answers!

I booked an over the water cabana on Nellie's, I read its first come first serve for cabana assignments on Nellie's, but if I booked the over the water, there are only a few from what I can tell by your amazing pictures, they cant downgrade me to a beach one I guess is what I am asking, right?

Thanks for any answers!

It's first come, first serve for cabana assignments in each category (over the water, or hillside). So you can't be downgraded to a hillside, but you'll be 'competing' with the other guests who also purchased overwater cabanas for your exact cabana position.

Thanks for any answers!

You can't see the over the water at Nellies in the photos on this thread but there is an Allure review thread that has pictures of the over the water one. It's by QTMichele, it's a great review with great pictures. She really took the time to take pictures of the over the water cabanas at Nellies. One faces inward toward the beach so isn't ideal but the rest looked very nice.

BonVoyage

Dawna

You can't see the over the water at Nellies in the photos on this thread but there is an Allure review thread that has pictures of the over the water one. It's by QTMichele, it's a great review with great pictures. She really took the time to take pictures of the over the water cabanas at Nellies. One faces inward toward the beach so isn't ideal but the rest looked very nice.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thanks for referencing my review. :)

Does anyone know whether or not the "hillside" ones have an area where you can lay in the sun? Most look as if they're covered by trees and very shady. I booked one for next month and I know my daughter would like some sun while I prefer the shade. I understand they're first come first serve but can you request a certain type? Mostly shade or sunny?

Does anyone know whether or not the "hillside" ones have an area where you can lay in the sun? Most look as if they're covered by trees and very shady. I booked one for next month and I know my daughter would like some sun while I prefer the shade. I understand they're first come first serve but can you request a certain type? Mostly shade or sunny?

The hillside cabanas will receive sun, but not all day long. You should find that you'll have some sun and some shade throughout the day (sun and shade at the same time). They really are nice, and I think you'll be happy with it.

The hillside cabanas will receive sun, but not all day long. You should find that you'll have some sun and some shade throughout the day (sun and shade at the same time). They really are nice, and I think you'll be happy with it.

Thank you! I can't wait to get there.

We had a Nellie's Hillside cabana last week on our Oasis sailing - we feel we lucked out and got the best one there was! It was by the bell tower and had a perfect view of the ship and water. There was a short walk up (and down) the steps to get there and back to the beach but very private. I don't know how they were numbered or how we got the one we did - I think our attendant just walked up the hill until he came to one that was empty.

On melbur's photo our cabana was the second one from the right on the little area that juts out on the right side of the picture.

We swam at Barefoot beach and it wasn't crowded at all.

Best buy we made all week!

The hillside is January was sunny later in the day - by the time we went back in early April it got sun almost all day. It does depend on the time of year. You should get lots of sun next month

We had Nellie's Hillside H7 a few days ago (posting from Cozumel right now). Money well spent. Sun all day long in the front of the cabana and shade for the whole day in the back, fan was a big plus so was ability to play music from iPod in the cabana. Beach at Barefoot beach had lots of rocks so definitely wear water shoes. We met two families in buffet line who were able to book the two over the water cabanas after boarding, last was gone by 1 pm. Buffet was ok, but don't book for food. We had a great day:)

Does anyone know how strict the limit of six people per cabana is? I would like to book a cabana at Nellie's Beach, but will have 4 adults, one teen, and two children. Will there be a problem having the extra child? Is there a wrist band required? How is access to the cabana's controlled? I would hate to book the cabana only to find out upon arrival that we would not be allowed to use it. Thanks for any help.

It's first come, first serve for cabana assignments in each category (over the water, or hillside). So you can't be downgraded to a hillside, but you'll be 'competing' with the other guests who also purchased overwater cabanas for your exact cabana position.

ok, so if you book online, an over the water cabana at Nellies, if you are not fast enough off the ship, you could end up with one high up on the hillside??? If that is true, one (or I) would really think twice about booking one. I have 3 teen boys and don't know about hiking up and down to get to the water all day ... seems like there should be options for either Hillsede or Over the Water.

MAybe I am just confused

It definitely can be confusing! The over-the-water cabanas are not the same as the hillside ones and they are not such a steep climb - just a few steps up. We had the fourth over-the-water cabana on the right side of Nellie`s Beach and had no problem whatsoever going up and down for food, washrooms, exploring. The true hillside cabanas are more of a climb though....

It was confusing. I booked the hillside online. The over the water cabanas were only available on the ship. Over the water were Just a few steps climb from Nellies beach. A trek to the buffet on Barefoot Beach from those cabanas, but my family walked around (rather than up the steps), bit longer but less strenuous:)

Does anyone know how strict the limit of six people per cabana is? I would like to book a cabana at Nellie's Beach, but will have 4 adults, one teen, and two children. Will there be a problem having the extra child? Is there a wrist band required? How is access to the cabana's controlled? I would hate to book the cabana only to find out upon arrival that we would not be allowed to use it. Thanks for any help.

It hasn't been a problem to add an extra person in the past, but this could change. Just ask nicely. Everyone will get a wrist band - that's how they control access to Nellie's Beach and Barefoot Beach.

ok, so if you book online, an over the water cabana at Nellies, if you are not fast enough off the ship, you could end up with one high up on the hillside??? If that is true, one (or I) would really think twice about booking one. I have 3 teen boys and don't know about hiking up and down to get to the water all day ... seems like there should be options for either Hillsede or Over the Water.

MAybe I am just confused

If you book an over-the-water cabana (or other 'class'), then you will get an OTW cabana. You will get your cabana assignment once you're off the ship - first come, first served.

For those who are searching the positions of the cabana. Here I have a plan with the numbers.

labadee%2520cabanas.jpg

More pics to the cabanas youll find here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/107289430901088544193/AllureOtS2011#

This map is for Barefoot Beach, not for Nellie's Beach. Still a great resource though, especially if you're a suite guest or on the wait list for Barefoot.

• 3 weeks later...
We had a Nellie's Hillside cabana last week on our Oasis sailing - we feel we lucked out and got the best one there was! It was by the bell tower and had a perfect view of the ship and water. There was a short walk up (and down) the steps to get there and back to the beach but very private. I don't know how they were numbered or how we got the one we did - I think our attendant just walked up the hill until he came to one that was empty.

On melbur's photo our cabana was the second one from the right on the little area that juts out on the right side of the picture.

We swam at Barefoot beach and it wasn't crowded at all.

Best buy we made all week!

I believe that's the one we had last week too. It was the one right after the bell tower on the right. There was only one other a few steps down.

I'm assuming that was Nellie's Beach and not Barefoot, right? The beach was great but was a little rocky getting into the water.

Agree-best buy all week for us too.

We are going next June and right now my parents have a OS andi have a JS. Can they book the barefoot cabana for them and guests? Or will the be the only ones to use it?

Otherwise maybe we can just book the Nellie one and that way we can all make ure to have access to the barefoot beach and lunch?

Easiest will be for the GS to reduce in price and I book that but that is a very long shot. :)

Now I am confused.:confused:

My brother just called RCCL and they told us that you can not book a cabana ahead of time yet it sounds like you can from some of the posting I read here.

Can you book ahead of time???

You've spoken with a misinformed rep (imagine that :p :roll eyes:). Cabanas are available under the excursions tab in your "my cruises" account on Royal's website. I've reserved them this way, as have many others. However, there are only a handful to rent, so they go fast. If they are unavailable, sometimes Royal lists it as "inquire onboard" while other times they just take it off the excursions list completely.

Another "problem" is that the Royal reps have not been trained adequately, if at all, in the availability of the Nellie's Beach cabanas. When I called about them my conversation went something like this:

ME: Please tell me about the Nellie's Beach cabanas

RCCL: cabanas are for suite guests

ME: Um, there is a new set of cabanas available for the "public"

RCCL: Oh, okay. Let me see what I can find.... (rep proceeds to read all the info from Barefoot Beach - NO info about Nellie's)

ME: Thanks for the info.... sounds like your info hasn't been updated yet... blah, blah, blah...

SO... it's very likely the reps continue to be left in the dark about this one. Keep checking your excursion list. I'm not sure how close you are to your cruise, but you'll want to book the cabanas as soon as the excursions come out, or you'll likely be left without one.

Archived