Nellie's Hillside Cabanas

CruisinDawn

I've booked a "Beach Cabana" at Nellie's Beach online. It's not an "Over the Water" or "Hillside" (they were both not available). It cost $175 and this is how it's listed online:

Beach Cabana at Nellie's Beach - ZLA6

- OVERVIEW: The upscale beach side cabanas of Nellie's beach with direct access to the water are a great place to relax and enjoy the seclusion, while remaining among the action of Nellie's Beach.

I'm very confused as to what I've booked :confused: as this type isn't mentioned anywhere that I could find info or photos of. Everyone just talks about the "Over the Water" or "Hillside". Has anyone seen these or stayed in one?? I'm sure the cabana itself is the same, I just want to know the locations-how close will it be to the water. I sure hope it's not way back from the waters edge, so our view is of a crowd of people laying on the beach in front of our cabana :eek:. Any help or photos :D would be GREAT!!

I've booked a "Beach Cabana" at Nellie's Beach online. It's not an "Over the Water" or "Hillside" (they were both not available). It cost $175 and this is how it's listed online:

- OVERVIEW: The upscale beach side cabanas of Nellie's beach with direct access to the water are a great place to relax and enjoy the seclusion, while remaining among the action of Nellie's Beach.

I'm very confused as to what I've booked :confused: as this type isn't mentioned anywhere that I could find info or photos of. Everyone just talks about the "Over the Water" or "Hillside". Has anyone seen these or stayed in one?? I'm sure the cabana itself is the same, I just want to know the locations-how close will it be to the water. I sure hope it's not way back from the waters edge, so our view is of a crowd of people laying on the beach in front of our cabana :eek:. Any help or photos :D would be GREAT!!

When we were at Nellie's Beach last week, there were some cabanas on the beach- maybe this is what you booked. They looked like they were in a good location. I am hoping to upload my photos tomorrow- maybe I caught one in a picture.

Thanks!! Can't wait to see if you got any photos of them! How close were they to the actual waters edge, where there alot of sun chairs between the cabana and the water? Just wondering if we'll even have a view of the water (which is what's real important to us), are the elevated off the sand or just level with the sand? Sorry for all the questions, but you're the first person I've heard of that has seen a cabana that wasn't over the water or on the hillside! Thanks again!!!:D

Thanks!! Can't wait to see if you got any photos of them! How close were they to the actual waters edge, where there alot of sun chairs between the cabana and the water? Just wondering if we'll even have a view of the water (which is what's real important to us), are the elevated off the sand or just level with the sand? Sorry for all the questions, but you're the first person I've heard of that has seen a cabana that wasn't over the water or on the hillside! Thanks again!!!:D

If you look at the pics in Post#4 of this thread, you can see the beach cabanas in the background of the beach shot, with the thatched roofs.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1625781

I'd have to agree - you probably have an "on the beach" cabana versus an "over the water" or "hillside." I have pictures from February before they were completed, but you should get the general idea. I'm including the link below. Also, click on my Allure 2012 review link in my signature, then start reading at post 98 to see many pictures of the Nellie's Beach cabanas.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32583781&postcount=104

One other important note in reserving a cabana. Use only one name on the reservation. If you try to enter your whole party, it will tell you that there are none available. The price is per cabana and the computer tries to charge everyone's name the price of the cabana. After you get onboard, you just add the other names of the people who will be using the cabana. I have an "Over the Water" reserved for out August 30th sailing. Can't wait to use it even though it will be towards the end of our trip.

Thanks everyone! QTMichele-I had already discovered your review a while ago, it gave great info., thanks for posting such a detailed review and photos, it's a great help to all of us still dreaming of our cruise to come :D

Opps, I forgot to ask something :o! QTMichele, since you were on the Allure (we'll be on it in 6 weeks!), do you think they keep the inside of the ship real cold? It's been about 10 years :( since we've been on a cruise and I can remember that inside the ship (dining, shows, movies etc.) was kept so cold I had to were long pants and a sweater everywhere! I'm just trying to figure out what I need to pack so I won't freeze!!

Also, I know that Central Park is open down the middle, is it real hot there, or is it cooled in someway with the sides being covered? What about the Aqua Theater at night, with it being at the end of the ship, is it real windy and abit cool at night? Hope you don't mind ALL the questions!

When we were at Nellie's Beach last week, there were some cabanas on the beach- maybe this is what you booked. They looked like they were in a good location. I am hoping to upload my photos tomorrow- maybe I caught one in a picture.

I found a picture of Nellie's Beach that I took from the ship and it looks like there are two on the beach which are just steps to the water. This is my first time uploading a picture, so I hope this works. If it does, my cabana was the over the water cabana all of the way to the left, closest to the Aqua park.

459141708_NelliesBeachCabanasMediumWebview.jpg.dc404047d919aeaca4604b9be72e87b8.jpg

Thanks for trying Sunny Mom, but you're right it's so small I can't make it out.;) Maybe someone will help you to get the pic. bigger, I wish I knew how so I could tell you, I'd love to see your other pics. also!

I don't think you can go wrong with any cabana on Labadee. If your main reason is to escape the sun at times and the typical loungers on the sand then you'll enjoy any cabana on that beach. Some are more private than others but all seem great.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342572807.707687.jpg.c745e04ba4f8ded3ba7a878a7f758e0d.jpg

Here are some pictures of our cabana on Nellie's beach from last week. We were there on 7/11/12. It was a great day! We really enjoyed the cabana and would definitely do it again. I have more pictures, but none of the hillside cabanas. All of them had a view of the water. None of them were more than about 15 yards from the water. Ours had a ramp to the beach. The one to our left had steps directly into the water. If you paid $200, it is an over the water cabana. I would rather have any cabana than no cabana. I don't think that you can go wrong.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342572654.526247.jpg.0889fcd3c8f7101bb0a9bf8b08ce2055.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342572689.474476.jpg.81148d4edcdba46d25f9675948db4030.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342572746.133032.jpg.6a608f1ffecd8df990143b881c0d646e.jpg

More pictures.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342573429.406490.jpg.8a2b03d7f9a83a019696d657ce6588d1.jpg

In the third picture, you can see two of the hillside cabanas in the left part of the picture. The last two pictures are of Barefoot beach. Pictured is the upgraded buffet included with the price of the cabana and the eating area with tables. The rest of the photos are are on Nellies beach.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342573220.679930.jpg.c587e8498a46c7bbe4c52d9457a40f79.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342573272.118261.jpg.934a50d33fa79351108ae69b2e2af647.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342573314.102791.jpg.3b745431ee0091c2041afe6f5e5267d7.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342573346.548454.jpg.b5f0b67328fd7765ef4fb2f9cada602e.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342573395.232173.jpg.ff9b8ff8071c2655df907ca5aa0cd25a.jpg

Thanks everyone! QTMichele-I had already discovered your review a while ago, it gave great info., thanks for posting such a detailed review and photos, it's a great help to all of us still dreaming of our cruise to come :D

:D Thanks!

Opps, I forgot to ask something :o! QTMichele, since you were on the Allure (we'll be on it in 6 weeks!), do you think they keep the inside of the ship real cold? It's been about 10 years :( since we've been on a cruise and I can remember that inside the ship (dining, shows, movies etc.) was kept so cold I had to were long pants and a sweater everywhere! I'm just trying to figure out what I need to pack so I won't freeze!!

Also, I know that Central Park is open down the middle, is it real hot there, or is it cooled in someway with the sides being covered? What about the Aqua Theater at night, with it being at the end of the ship, is it real windy and abit cool at night? Hope you don't mind ALL the questions!

I thought the temperature was great. I did buy one of the $10 wraps to use to keep the chill off some evenings. Bring a sweater, wrap, or something similar just in case - it never hurts! Regarding CP, we went in February and, although it was pretty warm (80's to low 90's), I never thought CP was hot. The Aqua Theater was quite pleasant as well. It is somewhat shielded from the breeze by the large sails, but you may feel some air movement. Again - just bring something light - just in case. :)

khm1....Wow, finally some pictures of "beach cabanas", I think :o. I paid $175 and it just listed it as "Beach Cabana at Nellie's Beach". I know it is NOT the Over the Water and it's not the Hillside, but wasn't sure where it would be. It just says it's on the beach. Which cabana type did you get?

I saw some pictures of cabanas that seemed a long way back from the water with alot of chairs and people between the cabana and the water, which seems like your view would be of the people more than the water! So you're saying all the cabanas on Nellies beach that aren't Hillside or Overwater are within about 15 feet of the water? I wonder where the ones that seemed to have so many people in front of you were at?

When you got on Labadee, was your cabana all ready assigned to you or did you get to request the one you wanted, out of the ones still empty? How early did you get there? Sorry for all the ?'s :D

:D Thanks!

I thought the temperature was great. I did buy one of the $10 wraps to use to keep the chill off some evenings. Bring a sweater, wrap, or something similar just in case - it never hurts! Regarding CP, we went in February and, although it was pretty warm (80's to low 90's), I never thought CP was hot. The Aqua Theater was quite pleasant as well. It is somewhat shielded from the breeze by the large sails, but you may feel some air movement. Again - just bring something light - just in case. :)

Thanks for the info. Do you know if they show movies at the Aqua Theater, when they're not having a show? Also, do they have movies to watch on your cabin TV, and if so, are the free?

Thanks for the info. Do you know if they show movies at the Aqua Theater, when they're not having a show? Also, do they have movies to watch on your cabin TV, and if so, are the free?

Yes, they showed movies at the Aqua Theater, but I don't recall how often (maybe once or twice a day?). Stateroom TVs have several free channels, some with TBS type movies, or you can rent them (they are NOT free). The gold coupon book as a rent 1 get 1 free coupon - we did that several times for our kids.

Yes, they showed movies at the Aqua Theater, but I don't recall how often (maybe once or twice a day?). Stateroom TVs have several free channels, some with TBS type movies, or you can rent them (they are NOT free). The gold coupon book as a rent 1 get 1 free coupon - we did that several times for our kids.

Thanks!!! What is a gold coupon book, is it the coupon book we get in our cabin because we are Gold crown and anchor members?

khm1....Wow, finally some pictures of "beach cabanas", I think :o. I paid $175 and it just listed it as "Beach Cabana at Nellie's Beach". I know it is NOT the Over the Water and it's not the Hillside, but wasn't sure where it would be. It just says it's on the beach. Which cabana type did you get?

I saw some pictures of cabanas that seemed a long way back from the water with alot of chairs and people between the cabana and the water, which seems like your view would be of the people more than the water! So you're saying all the cabanas on Nellies beach that aren't Hillside or Overwater are within about 15 feet of the water? I wonder where the ones that seemed to have so many people in front of you were at?

When you got on Labadee, was your cabana all ready assigned to you or did you get to request the one you wanted, out of the ones still empty? How early did you get there? Sorry for all the ?'s :D

Our cabana was an over-the-water cabana. I think there were 4-5 in a row on each side of the beach. Ours was the second one in on the left, as you faced the water.

I think that the pictures that you saw may have been of Barefoot beach. This is the suite-only beach and where the special buffet is. I was surprised by how far away some of them were away from the water. The beach cabanas on Nellie's are really not too far away from the water. As I stated before, they are about 15 yards(not feet) away from the water line. There are people sitting between those cabanas and the water. However, they are set up to be a little higher. There is no real barrier to the view. I wouldn't worry about it. I think that you will be pleased when you see them.

They called my cabin at about 4 PM the day before Labadee. They asked me how many would be in our cabana so that the chef could plan how much food to have out for the special buffet. She told me where to find the golf carts to take us directly to our cabana. She told me that all of the cabanas had been pre-assigned.

We docked at 8 am and got off the ship at 8:40. We were at our cabana before 9 am. We walked through the main gate that leads to all of the beaches and there were guys sitting there in golf carts. We showed them our tickets. They loaded us and our stuff and drove us right up to our cabana. It would be about a 10-15 minute walk. They put wrist bands on all of us to show that we were cabana guests. The beach was very uncrowded this early. By about 11 am, it was pretty crowded all over Labadee. We were happy to have our own private space.

The lunch was pretty good. There were ribs, chicken, hot dogs, burgers, shrimp skewers, fruit, potato salad, bread, corn on the cob, etc. It was nice not having to wait for lunch or fight a bunch of people at the buffet. You have to walk to the neighboring beach (Barefoot) for the lunch. The golf cart guys will take you back and forth to the ship or wherever as much as you like. It was really, really nice not to have to walk in the heat.

Does anyone remember how far out they listed the Cabanas on their website?

We sail in December and I did not want to miss the listing. We want 2 cabanas so I want to get to them the day they are listed.

There's some variation here, but check at least 120 days out. It should be listed by 90 or so days out, but sometimes it can be 60 days out.

Archived