How much do you tip room service?

DnR

LMAO I should have clarified. lol

The trays seemed heavy. 1 sandwich and a slab of cake. Seemed heavier than I expected them to be.

The delivery dude was of average build.

I worked room service for a hotel back in college. I'm still paying for it with back and shoulder issues almost 20 years later. It's tough work. Especially when someone orders a case of beer on ice. :eek: I can remember my hands going numb from the weight of the trays.

As to the subject at hand - we usually give $2 for small order like coffee and bagels and $3-5 for a larger order.

Another thread suggets $2 bills. Soulds great to me. Wonder now if $1 coins would be better. Great Novelty item could be a John Deere Penlight from another tipper thread.

Coins are no good becuase any coin in a currency that is not from a country where they spend their money is not acceptable to spend. It can only be used in the country it is issued from. We are from Canada and have had $1 coins for a long time - it is usless anywhere but Canada becuase it is a 'coin' -- therefor too heavy - unlike bills that are transferable at banks.

Wow--- Before our first cruise, I read on CC that $1 every time they come is acceptable. We always took alot of ones just for this. We have carried that on since, not thinking. Never thought to change it and increase it. I don't eat out alot so just don't tip alot anyway in everyday life. We will start tipping $2 for now on. I think $2 is appropriate for morning coffee (is usually what we get from room service). Thanks CC posters for the heads up.

We never used room service on our first 2 cruises. This past cruise we thought we oughta give it a shot. We had some bagels and coffee and juice. We tipped 2 bucks.

It was okay, but does not compare with buffet or MDR, if I am up, I'll go get better food.

Archived