Travel Ex Insurance vs Travel Guard Insurance ?

sail7seas

Has anyone here written a policy with both companies?

Anyone here made a claim to either or both of these companies?

Would you share your opinion of each or either?

Thanks if you can help.

(I have read www.insuremytrip and done the comparisons.)

I have probably purchased 40-50 Travelex policies for all over the world. Maybe even more. Whenever I book a trip (business or pleasure but mostly business), I just buy a policy. They cover in some weird places where most tourists wouldn't even go and cover more that others I have found.

Things I like about Travelex:

1. They are PRIMARY. No sending claims off to your own insurance company just to have it denied because it is out of network or out of the country and having to send in MORE paperwork.

2. Most Travelex policies have a small "death benefit" attached to most policies. IF something were to happen to me overseas, at least someone wouldn't have to come out of pocket to get my body home to be buried.

I had a very bad situation in Cambodia. Sick, sick, sick. Travelex was going to fly me to Japan. I didn't want to go to Japan and asked them if they could make arrangements to get me to the Aussie hospital in Saigon, Vietnam. They were having a hard time making the arrangements but since I know people in Cambodia, I made my own arrangements with a driver and a nurse. They made arrangements to get me into the Aussie hospital with no money up front, someone called every day to make sure I was being taken care of properly and all I signed was a paper verifying the charges when I was discharged. They even paid for the driver and the nurse.

I wouldn't have any policy other than Travelex, even though I do have a yearly international medical policy and also MedJet Assist.

Travelex is HUGE. They are the MONEY people (currency exchange). They have people in almost every country on the ground who speak the language and can help out if needed.

I firmly believe in Travelex.

I have probably purchased 40-50 Travelex policies for all over the world. Maybe even more. Whenever I book a trip (business or pleasure but mostly business), I just buy a policy. They cover in some weird places where most tourists wouldn't even go and cover more that others I have found.

Things I like about Travelex:

1. They are PRIMARY. No sending claims off to your own insurance company just to have it denied because it is out of network or out of the country and having to send in MORE paperwork.

2. Most Travelex policies have a small "death benefit" attached to most policies. IF something were to happen to me overseas, at least someone wouldn't have to come out of pocket to get my body home to be buried.

I had a very bad situation in Cambodia. Sick, sick, sick. Travelex was going to fly me to Japan. I didn't want to go to Japan and asked them if they could make arrangements to get me to the Aussie hospital in Saigon, Vietnam. They were having a hard time making the arrangements but since I know people in Cambodia, I made my own arrangements with a driver and a nurse. They made arrangements to get me into the Aussie hospital with no money up front, someone called every day to make sure I was being taken care of properly and all I signed was a paper verifying the charges when I was discharged. They even paid for the driver and the nurse.

I wouldn't have any policy other than Travelex, even though I do have a yearly international medical policy and also MedJet Assist.

Travelex is HUGE. They are the MONEY people (currency exchange). They have people in almost every country on the ground who speak the language and can help out if needed.

I firmly believe in Travelex.

Thank you for this information.

I've used both policies and the main benefit to me is that it's primary for medical, and the cancel for any reason benefit, which I usually take at a slightly higher cost. I have a trip to Asia in a week, and selected TravelSafe, as their CFAR premium was lower than the other two, and was at 75%, where the other two had dropped to 50% due to the closeness of the trip purchase. As these top three brands came recommended by this site, and several TA's, is another reason why I selected them. Also, I have never filed a claim, but all three seems to pay pretty quickly if all the documents are submitted correctly. As a note, I purchase my policies from tripinsurancestore.com, and selected the coverage amount that covered my current cost. An agent emailed me and informed me that I could take my coverage to the next thousand dollar level for the same price, which was $400 more coverage than I originally selected, informing me that I may incur "unexpected cost" and should be covered for unforeseen situations. She made the change for me and emailed me the updated documents in a few hours. This is the second time tripinsurancestore.com has "looked out" for me!!

Archived