Bitter and Blanc?

hannahsmomtoo

If u like bread pudding it is the best! I am soooo sorry I missed it on the elegant night on The Elation on my last cruise. I was so full from the lobster, shrimp and prime rib (and starters! lol...), I couldn't even think about desert. If I would have known it was on the menu that night and the only night of the cruise, I would have ordered it to go!!!! :) I tried to special order it for another night, which I was able to do on another cruise, but the chef on The Elation said he could not do it for just 2 people (which I totally understood). So that night I got the Grand Marnier Souffle, which is also good. Oh and the Tiramisu is as well.... ENJOY... :)

help.. I must be fully dessert prepared !!! :D

LOL!!!!! A girl after my own heart... I had to read this thread to remind me specifically what it was, but I DO remember that I loved it. And since we did B2B, after I realized I loved it, I was able to have it two weeks in a row! Mmmmmmmm.:p

The key is to make sure you make a dam/hole in the middle of the 'cake' before your waiter pours the sauce on. It soaks in and makes all the difference! 33 more days...:rolleyes:

The key is to make sure you make a dam/hole in the middle of the 'cake' before your waiter pours the sauce on. It soaks in and makes all the difference! 33 more days...:rolleyes:

Thank you for the tip! Can't wait to have this. Setting sail in 13 days!

This is my favorite dessert. What I don't know is why it is called "Bitter" and Blanc. Blanc I get for white but bitter??? There is not one bitter thing about the taste of this heavenly creation.

This is my favorite dessert. What I don't know is why it is called "Bitter" and Blanc. Blanc I get for white but bitter??? There is not one bitter thing about the taste of this heavenly creation.

I'm guessing here, but dark chocolate is normally more bitter than milk chocolate. Pure cacao is down right inedible.

Dark chocolate maybe??? I can't WAIT to try it in June!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for giving me YET ANOTHER reason to anxiously count down the days till our cruise!!!!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bittersweet

Hands down, the best dessert on any carnival ship. Who needs chocolate melting cake when there is b & b????

True that! It really is in a class all to itself!

Creme Brulee is #2, Grand Marnier Souffle #3, and Warm Fig, date, and cinnamon cake #4.

I have to wait something like 195 days to get my next bitter & blanc. Luv that stuff, I believe the bitter has to do with the fact they use bitter choc in it, but so much other stuff takes out the bitter part.

Very hard to make a well as it has bread crumb topping. Sauce absorbs very quickly and is NOT like the sauce for the Grand Mariner souffle served on the last night of 7 day cruises.

BnB can be very dry even with the sauce. Ask for a small serving of ice cream or do what I did last cruise: order a cappucino and pour some of it into the BnB. Yum-o. Hot chocolate would work too.

Archived