Pool Temperature

My DH can not stand water much below 90F:eek: So, for all intents and purposes, with our solar pool heater and thermal blanket, we've turned our pool at home into a 20,000g HOT TUB:rolleyes: But, it is great on our cool Arizona Mountain summer evenings;).

Greg

Interesting comment, we were on the TA just prior to your cruise and while the air temp was cool, the pool was always just right.
We thought it was just fine on that TA and the Barcelona-Istanbul cruise that followed. Can't imagine anyone thinking it was too cold.

My DH can not stand water much below 90F:eek: So, for all intents and purposes, with our solar pool heater and thermal blanket, we've turned our pool at home into a 20,000g HOT TUB:rolleyes: But, it is great on our cool Arizona Mountain summer evenings;).

Greg

That sounds perfect for me. When we had a pool at our old house in Oklahoma (known for summer temps regularly above 100F), I would never get in before July 4.

Guess I must be a woos! :)

Being a 'woos' must be a real problem. What are the distinguishing marks of a 'woos'? I'd like to be able to say I know one but can't until I have a definition of just what a 'woos' is. Jack Morris

Being a 'woos' must be a real problem. What are the distinguishing marks of a 'woos'? I'd like to be able to say I know one but can't until I have a definition of just what a 'woos' is. Jack Morris

Dislike of anything even mildly uncomfortable....as in water, not at the very least 80+ degrees F :) Now that being said I snow ski, water ski and scuba dive! I really like doing all these activities in good weather (warm is good). My family still lives in Alaska and as a kid I developed a dislike of COLD, anything below zero was really on my Dislike list....and we had alot of 50 below weather

Did I say I "dislike" anything close to COLD!!

Dislike of anything even mildly uncomfortable....as in water, not at the very least 80+ degrees F :) Now that being said I snow ski, water ski and scuba dive! I really like doing all these activities in good weather (warm is good). My family still lives in Alaska and as a kid I developed a dislike of COLD, anything below zero was really on my Dislike list....and we had alot of 50 below weather

Did I say I "dislike" anything close to COLD!!

For crying out loud, by your definition, nana541, I've been a 'woos' for some time. Jack Morris

gdlamberth, The only problem is that the pool temp in AZ-specifically Tucson- may be perfect but when you get out because of the low humidity you are freezing due to evaporation. AAAGGGHH:eek:

We "sneak" :p out of our 20,000g "hot tub" by sitting on the steps so shoulders dry off while hips and legs are still in 95-100 F water:rolleyes:. Then up to the edge of the pool with only our feet in the hot water. Generally this is a night time thing for us and we turn all the lights of the house off to admire the AZ sky:D. We're also about 3,000 higher than Tucson in Sierra Vista so the evaporation goes faster.

You're sure you don't turn the lights off for other reasons:eek:

My wife and I frequented the hot tubs but never the swimming pools on both Navigator and Mariner. We always found them 100 degrees or above and seldom occupied by anyone whether at sea or docked. Almost like having private tubs.

When we did two crossings with QM2 (NY to Southampton and return) last November, we again had the hot tubs to ourselves. Even when underway in mid-Atlantic, with the seas choppy and the sky gray and threatening, we remained warm under the deck's glass ceiling when we stepped out of the water. As for water levels in the tubs, the QM2 plowed along through tall waves never once splashing tub water on to the deck. Jack Morris

Archived