FLL and POM is it possible?

We are planning a BRB cruise, but different ship and different port. Carnival Freedom and Carnival Liberty. Is it possible to do this? FLL and POM is only an hour drive away right? What is the best form of transfer? Taxi? Shuttle?

Will be still be getting a fruit basket and champagne for booking this BRB this way?

Thanks,

Tibbie

We did a B2B in 2010 - Carnival Miracle in FLL then to Miami for the Valor.

We are also doing another one in December of this year - the Freedom in FLL and then the Glory in Miami.

We are going to hire a private shuttle as there are 5 of us. Maybe Carnival has a shuttle service between the 2 ports.

In 2010 we did not receive anything in our room for taking this type of B2B.

Enjoy your cruise :)

We are planning a BRB cruise, but different ship and different port. Carnival Freedom and Carnival Liberty. Is it possible to do this? FLL and POM is only an hour drive away right? What is the best form of transfer? Taxi? Shuttle?

Will be still be getting a fruit basket and champagne for booking this BRB this way?

Thanks,

Tibbie

It's very easy to this this. When I did POM and FLL cruises I used SAS transportation. It was back in 2009 and it cost about $20 which I felt was a bargin since I was sailing solo.

SAS is a good option. I'd check with them first. If for some reason SAS (or another shuttle company) doesn't work Carnival does run shuttles to both airports from both ports. Both airports are very close to their respective ports, and it is easy and cheap to get a cab at either airport to the port. This would almost definitely cost more than a shuttle though, so I'd save this solely as a last resort.

We did cruise from Orlando, debarked the ship, rented car, drove to Miami, dropped off car, and boarded in Miami on the same day. Yes, its possible. Just book it!

That must have been quite a trick cruising from Orlando. What ship sails from there?

A Disney ship. It's that wonderful Disney magic.

I think you mean you flew into Orlando.. and sailed the Magic from Port Canaveral...which is about an hour south, give or take.

But the drive from Canaveral to MIA is 3 hours easy!!

SAS is also our preferred method of transport to/from the MIA/FLL area..

We've done this before, with a taxi, no problems at all. Just get off early. No gifts though, at least not for us...since it's not really a B2B since it's on two different ships. I really couldn't care less about a bottle of cheap champagne and fruit basket anyway--I love having a B2B with a two ship experience, much better than staying on the same ship...IMO

Archived