Flightseeing from Telketna

quiltsnh

The lodge is at least 45 minutes from Talkeetna. There is a Princess shuttle to take guests back and forth to town $10. If you don't want to book the tour thru Princess you can take the shuttle into town and make your own arrangements with a flightseeing vendors. Vendors are listed in this Chamber site: http://www.talkeetnachamber.org/directory/category/flightseeing

I can't imagine that Princess would allow vendors on their property and take away their tour business.

The lodge is at least 45 minutes from Talkeetna. There is a Princess shuttle to take guests back and forth to town $10. If you don't want to book the tour thru Princess you can take the shuttle into town and make your own arrangements with a flightseeing vendors. Vendors are listed in this Chamber site: http://www.talkeetnachamber.org/directory/category/flightseeing

I can't imagine that Princess would allow vendors on their property and take away their tour business.

I went to the chamber site and that is exactly what I will do shuttle to Telketna and then flight with Telketna Air Taxi. Much cheaper.... and they have a special now for 50.00 off a glacier landing!

Thanx

None of the vendors pick up at the McKinley lodge which is closer to an hour transit in each direction.

You will need to take the Princess Lodge shuttle. BUT, I suggest you time correctly and book your flights when you are in Talkeetna- if taking the railroad. and not go back and forth any more than necessary. Not applicable with using bus tranists to/from McKinley Lodge on the cruisetour.

We scheduled our flightseeing tour the day we got into town on our cruisetour. We got off the train and walked to town( skipping the buses) and had lunch and then went over to K2 for our flight. They held our carry on bags behind the counter and after the flight we caught the next shuttle to the lodge. It is free.

We booked with Telkeetna Air Taxi (they had $50.00 pp off the glacier landing if you book by end of May) and we will have to take the shuttle as our trip up to McKinley Princess is by motor coach.

We scheduled our flightseeing tour the day we got into town on our cruisetour. We got off the train and walked to town( skipping the buses) and had lunch and then went over to K2 for our flight. They held our carry on bags behind the counter and after the flight we caught the next shuttle to the lodge. It is free.

And we did just the opposite. We had to catch the train to Anchorage in the afternoon so we shuttled into Talkeetna with our carry-ons and left them at K2 (they had quite a pile of 'in transit' luggage) while we did our summit flight. We then walked over to the train station (as I remember more of a holding area and not a real station) and hopped on the train a half hour later. Worked out great!

Archived