Silly questions: Fruit

I love grapefruit but I don't eat them the "traditional" way. I like to peel them and eat them like an orange. Since we aren't suppose to bring fruit on the boat I have to rely on Carnival to supply my favorite fruit. Last year I could not for the life of me get an unsliced grapefruit. I asked one of the workers at the buffet if he could get one for me and he said they couldn't. I called room service and they told me it wasn't possible. Was I being told a story? Is there a secret to getting an unsliced piece of fruit?

You should be able to take them on the ship. Bringing them off can usually be a problem. One off the things you might see is fruit displays on the Lido buffet. Not encouraging pilfering but... You could also use the email for making reservations to pay venues, it goes to the Exec Chief and ask if you could get them before they are cut for the buffet. Doesn't hurt to ask. I eat them both ways. :) One caveat...I'm not sure if there is a problem taking them into Florida. The ones we are getting in the stores are currently coming from Texas.

If you can't get the servers behind the buffet to understand that you want a whole unpeeled grapefruit then ask one of the white uniformed assistants if it's possible.

As much pre-processed food as is used on a ship I suppose it's possible that the grapefruits come already halved and ready to be put out on the buffet.

And I don't think you should have to, but I don't know of any restriction to bringing fruit onto the ship, just not taking any off the ship.

I too like to eat my grapefruit that way, but it makes a mess any way I eat it. I think for sanitary reasons, I prefer to eat my fruit without having it sliced first. I read that if you like cantelope, I do, then wash the outside of the fruit before cutting it, then once cut, wash your knife every time you slice. So it makes sense that a washed un cut fruit will have less germs than sliced fruit.:)

Archived