Oceania versus Regent Seven Seas: Best bang for Buck?

cruisingsuze

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just heard from truly outstanding Regent dance instructors (Ilse and Dieter Gerlach) who have sailed exclusively on Regent for ten years (we were just on board with them two weeks ago in the middle east) Ilse and Dieter join the Oceania for the first time May 14th, when they board the Nautica in Athens. For Nautica Dancers (from experienced to beginners)--they are outstanding instructors, wonderful people--Oceania is in for a real treat.

Maybe they can flip over to Marina on June 18th.....would make a great birthday gift!

Would love it if they had some ballroom instructors on board. Mind you, then the floor would be more crowded. On Regatta in March we were often the only ones dancing. Intimidating since we are not that great, but it was a lot of fun, and we did get some compliments, so not all bad. LOL!

Mo

Regent has Formal Optional nights (we had two on our seventeen day voyage last night and we dressed in formal finery along with 25% of the passengers), however you may wear elegant casual every night too.

Hello Wes,

It's nice to see you on this board (as I seldom visit your other boards anymore).

Hope you are both well :)

Cheers - Paul

Hello Wes -- trust you & Ida are doing well. Carol & I just got off the Marina for her crossing a month ago. Did a mini-splurge and booked the Oceania Suite. OMG!!! Felt like we were cruising in our home! After we got off Marina in Barcelona, we flew to Lisbon and boarded the Seabourn Odyssey -- first time on Seabourn, and enjoyed it very much. We're on the Navigator in October for a fall colors cruise out of Montreal. Then back on Marina next April for an unusual Papeete - Lima cruise. Then looking at an Azamara Black Sea cruise next summer. May our paths cross again. Keep on cruising,

Gary

Hi Gary & Carol, so nice to hear from you (as well as Paul sent him a private email). Ida and I are scouring May 2014 itineraries for our 30th anniversay (seems like yesterday, Carol, Ida, you and I were on the Silversea Spirit and Carol was serenading us in the Panarama Lounge for our 25th anniversary). Ida and I really like Carol and your, Marina (tho a year to early for us to book) PPT to Lima (be able to do Machu Picchu post cruise). FDR just emailed me today (was amazed he took the time from the Christening festivities) telling me the Marina will do French Polynesia early in 2014 too. Thus, we are hopeful to book a similiar PPT to LIma itinerary on the Marina in 2014. In the meantime, we will avidly follow Carol and your roll call thread. We just got off Regent's Voyager after 24 nites in the Middle east and Greece. However, to hold our cruise attn before (hopefully Marina in French Poly in 2014), we do have three Silversea crusies coming up; Cloud fall crossing this year, Cloud London tower to Iceland and back next July, and our 3rd Spirit fall crossing in four years next November.

Archived