cabin on courtesy hold

If I have a booking on courtesy hold for 24 hr. and let it expire can I go back right away and put it on hold again? If yes, how many concequitive times the system will let me do that? Has anybody done this before? For how many days you were able to keep the cabin on hold?

Ive done this before, i'd put a hold on a cabin until i could get the air fare arranged or...wait until it went down. Ive done it for the same cabin but there is always a chance to loose the cabin in between holds. Im not sure how many times you can do it.

And...after it expired i always got a call from a rep. She was the same one that called every time. She even knew me when she'd call me. I finally got to tell her...I got one booked....she was....yeaaaa for me. lol

So be prepared for those calls and good luck.

If I have a booking on courtesy hold for 24 hr. and let it expire can I go back right away and put it on hold again? If yes, how many concequitive times the system will let me do that? Has anybody done this before? For how many days you were able to keep the cabin on hold?

We had this happen when we booked our upcoming Oasis cruise. I needed to hold it until we got home from vacation to find our "next cruise certifs". I did the courtesy hold but it was going to expire so I called RCI and asked what I could do ( we really didnt want to lose our cabin #) and they put it on an extended courtesy hold for a few days until we could get home and book it.

I'd try requesting this if I were you before letting it expire.

Good luck.

We also had a hold on a cruise, but my boss was away so I was not sure if I could get the time off or not, I called RCCL and they held it for a week until my boss returned. I would call, I have done this several times.

Is there a link to the sale? I already have a deposit down for a RCCL cruise, but we got no incentives for booking. OBC would be nice.:D

It's on Royals website home page...

Had this question to my TA today.... I had put a hold on a cabin only D1 Hump left with Royal because the TA's office was closed.

I asked her if I could release the hold and have her grab it.... SHe said that is not a good idea because if someone has a waitlist on that cabin it would be gone the moment I released it.

See if you can get more time :)

Had this question to my TA today.... I had put a hold on a cabin only D1 Hump left with Royal because the TA's office was closed.

I asked her if I could release the hold and have her grab it.... SHe said that is not a good idea because if someone has a waitlist on that cabin it would be gone the moment I released it.

See if you can get more time :)

There is no such thing as a wait list. They might like you to think there is, but its not true

There is no such thing as a wait list. They might like you to think there is, but its not true

I'm not sure why you would say that, but there absolutely IS a waitlist. There are certainly restrictions, but you can be waitlisted for an entire category of staterooms or 1 stateroom in particular. The sailing has to be more than a week out, and you should put down a deposit to get ahead of those who don't, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that there is indeed a waitlist.

Actually,I did a waitlist and got the cabin automatically..

Archived