Bermuda Weather

B_K

Looking for some feedback on weather in Bermuda in June from those who have cruised there previously during that month. I've gotten the averages from weather.com but don't totally trust those.

Comments appreciated :p

Thanks, BK

This weather average chart shows no rain in June and temps that increase significantly as the month progresses:

http://www.wunderground.com/NORMS/DisplayNORMS.asp?AirportCode=TXKF&StateCode=&SafeCityName=Saint_David%27s&Units=none&IATA=WUI&normals=on

and this one has several years of monthly average water temps;

http://www.bermuda4u.com/Essential/sea-temperature.html

We were there last June third week. High 80's for daytime highs and low 70's for the low's. Water temp was around 78. The have almost the same temps as the Outer Banks but with a little more humidity.

I've been trying to figure out when I should book for a Bermuda cruise as well.

We love the water and usually do water activities. I certainly don't want to go when they first start cruising there or at the end because I would think it would be too cold for swimming/snorkeling.

It looks like June is an awesome month to go. I'll have to look in to it.

Thanks for posting. :)

We have done Bermuda the last 2 years in June. Both times we never saw a cloud and the temp. was in the low 80's with Humidity (Hot). We also did a catamaran snorkeling excursion and the captain was telling us to jump into the water and get over the shock of the water. I jumped in and it was like a bath 80 + degrees.

So enjoy Bermuda in June

Looking for some feedback on weather in Bermuda in June from those who have cruised there previously during that month. I've gotten the averages from weather.com but don't totally trust those.

Comments appreciated :p

Thanks, BK

Weather in Bermuda is unpredictable.

We had 2 cruises (Caribbean Princess in July 2011 and Explorer of the Seas in August 2007) when weather was beach-perfect.. so we spent whole day at the Horseshoe beach.

Our previous cruise was on Dawn to Bermuda in July... The first day - overcast relatively good for the beach, next on and off rain, third started with huge rain, but then it changed for a sun. Good news.. you can see so much in Bermuda even when the weather is not perfect.. Hamilton, George Town, Crystal Caves, Royal Naval Dock etc.

I agree with Tatka...it's unpredictable....mostly because Bermuda 'season' is hurricane season.

I have been to Bermuda two times, both in the month of Sept and was SO fortunate...the weather was bliss both times. I'm hoping it is the third time when I sail this coming Sept!!

Looking for some feedback on weather in Bermuda in June from those who have cruised there previously during that month. I've gotten the averages from weather.com but don't totally trust those.[/size]

"...but don't really trust those." Huh? Why would they post inaccurate figures?

The other poster is right, the weather is fickle and can change multiple times in just one day. But the weather.com data is accurate!

We went in early June last year. The weather was great. Warm but not hot. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we didn't end up going to the beach, so can't comment on water temperatures. :(

Just a warning. My DH was bitten by this creature Portuguese Man of War

Portuguese-Man-O%25E2%2580%2599War.jpg

on the Long Warwick Bay. We heard same complains from the other PAX who were at the Horseshoe Bay, and saw several in George Town.

Be careful, don't take it for a kids toy, it sometimes looks like one.

I just returned from Bermuda. (Norwegian Star's first call there). We had one day of beautiful sunshine, one day with clouds and a couple of showers, and one day where it was cloudy in the morning and sunny in the afternoon.

The locals said that it has been unusually dry there this winter and they are running below average on rainfall. Some are predicting that it will be a warmer summer than usual.

From past experience, June has been one of the best times to cruise there - - not too hot, not too cold.

I have been to Bermuda twice in June. Both times were hot, hot, hot.

My May trip was perfect weather. Our anniversary is in June though, so we will be happy no matter what the weather.

Archived