when do I complete online checkin?

kwagmyre

We did ours right after booking/payment. Had to be 45 days before the cruise. Do it and get it done. You can go in at any time to update documents etc.. so why not do it now. Takes one thing off the "to do " list

I do ours the day I pay in full!

I admit....I am hooked.

*I print my luggage tags and have my friend laminate them (all 18 of them for our group of 9)

* I print the boarding pass and put each one in a page protector. Then print cruise documents and put them in page protectors, too.

* I put all the documents in a folder and then in a large envelope.

Yep....I am addicted!! Teee heee! :D

I admit....I am hooked.

*I print my luggage tags and have my friend laminate them (all 18 of them for our group of 9)

* I print the boarding pass and put each one in a page protector. Then print cruise documents and put them in page protectors, too.

You're not addicted; you are just efficient:cool:

We cruise in 26 days. The Carnival docs say to do the online check-in 5 days before we cruise, but the TA keeps telling us to do it now. Does it matter when I do this?

I would do it as soon as possible . They don't usually allow you to do the online check-in that close. Do it now so that if you need to get more info from your TA or other documents.

I admit....I am hooked.

Wow, you are very organized. Good for you.....

I do the same thing. I even have a notebook for each cruise with an 8x10 of the ship in the outside sleeve. I have deck plans (to figure out where stuff is BEFORE I sail). I have general descriptions and photos of the lounges, restaurants, buffet etc so I can figure out which ones to hit first. :) Each page is in a protective sleeve.

I print whatever I can as soon as I book and everything else the day I pay it off. Why wait and get frustrated or have a computer glitch that adds stress to a wonderful planning period!

I have my own laminator, so I make my own address/itinerary tags and laminate those along with the cruiseline tags. I put an extra copy in each piece of luggage in case the tag falls off. If airline employees open it, they will see all the info they need to get my luggage to me if it gets lost (that is of course if I fly.)

Yes, I am an addict too and a proud member of the whale tail club - balcony division. :)

I admit....I am hooked.

Why would you wait? Sometimes things go wrong..why take the chance and wait until the last minute? I think your TA is giving you very sage advice. Not a risk taker and I HATE playing Russian Roulette with things. Too much can go wrong (IMO)

Have a great cruise and come back and tell us how it was please.:o

Sort of related: I booked the upcoming cruise for a friend and I, so it shows under my "login" on Carnival. I've got all my check-in information complete, but is there a way for her to access the same booking and get all her info input? I suppose I could gather it all from her and do it, but it would be simpler if she could just go to the site and get her passport and onboard account set up directly. Short of giving her my Carnival login (which is certainly an option) can we "share" access to the same booking...?

I admit....I am hooked.

You're super organized! Things go so much more smoothly when everything's nice and in order.

We cruise in 26 days. The Carnival docs say to do the online check-in 5 days before we cruise, but the TA keeps telling us to do it now. Does it matter when I do this?

Just don't try to do it the morning before you leave, we did that once and it wouldn't let us print anything :confused:. I leave Sunday and just finished and printed everything:)

I have not done mine yet, and my TA is telling me to come in 1 week before cruise and TA will print off documents.

I will complete all the online information next month, then I will take the offer up for the TA to print out the documents for me.

I agree with your TA (not mine) go ahead and complete the online information.

It is so convenient to do online check in because it makes getting ready for the cruise a cinch. I will be taking my first cruise on the Carnival Miracle in Sept and the only thing left to do is the passport business. I have to apply for one obviously. But the sooner you do check in the better. Thats what i say.

I admit....I am hooked.

I do the same thing, looked at my docs in the page protectors today. Was surprised when luggage tags for RCL came in the mail today. It's the first time we have ever used them

I think that the 5 day rule is mentioned just in case you are upgraded, or your cabin may be changed for some reason. I usually wait about a week or so after I book to print out my boarding pass, and then about 10 days before the actual cruise day before I print out my luggage tags, (in Black). Thats when I set up my S&S account also. Have fun, Iwill!!:rolleyes: (In 33 days)

Sort of related: I booked the upcoming cruise for a friend and I, so it shows under my "login" on Carnival. I've got all my check-in information complete, but is there a way for her to access the same booking and get all her info input? I suppose I could gather it all from her and do it, but it would be simpler if she could just go to the site and get her passport and onboard account set up directly. Short of giving her my Carnival login (which is certainly an option) can we "share" access to the same booking...?

Give your friend the booking number and get them to create a login for themselves.

just as easy to give your friend your login but your details can also be seen/changed by the friend.

Den

Last time I had everything done including luggage tags (2sets each) for four people and we changed our cabin number. This time I have to wait as two of the passports expire before the trip and need to get renewed so different number. Once that is done I will probably complete the information, but not print until a week before the cruise.

Archived