Need advice ~fly Dallas to Barbados

Martita B.

I need some help ~~flying Dallas to Bridgetown to embark a ship. I usually fly American, but I do not want to go thru' Miami! Seems most of their flights connect in Miami.

Anyone have ideas or suggestions?

Thank you!

Martita

AA used to do DFW to Barbados but that is ending, so you will indeed have to go through Miami to get to Barbados on AA metal. You'll have to connect somewhere, so I guess it's a matter of preference or mileage gain.

Honestly, Barbados doesn't have a whole lot of US routes. US Airways via Charlotte might be your best bet if you really want to avoid Miami. United or Delta...nope, neither fly to Barbados, which is really shocking to me.

Your choices are slim...Charlotte or Miami will likely be your connecting point.

You can also fly on Air Canada and connect through YYZ, but it's pretty expensive. UA does fly most of the way, but you're going to have two connections, and the last leg is on Caribbean Airlines and it's pricey too. There's also some flights that are a combination of JetBlue and AA that avoid Miami, but take a long time and also cost more. Your best option is to stick with AA.

You can also fly on Air Canada and connect through YYZ, but it's pretty expensive. UA does fly most of the way, but you're going to have two connections, and the last leg is on Caribbean Airlines and it's pricey too. There's also some flights that are a combination of JetBlue and AA that avoid Miami, but take a long time and also cost more. Your best option is to stick with AA.

Dallas to Barbados via Toronto sounds brutal. No way in heck I'd consider that just to avoid Miami!

I agree that sticking with AA is your best bet, even if it's via Miami (which really isn't that bad...not great, but not awful).

FlyerTalker

What a keen idea!!:p West Texas to London ???

I was thinking more along the lines of flying DFW to Ft Laud, then taking a 'lit Caribbean airlines to Bridgetown ~

Thanks for a good laugh!:D

Miss Martita

Archived