Wine Drinks Package

Hope this isn't a silly question, but, if you have purchased a wine package, can you only access this wine in the restaurants or can you have "your wine" in one of the many bars on board?

Thanks for any help you can provide. :)

Hope this isn't a silly question, but, if you have purchased a wine package, can you only access this wine in the restaurants or can you have "your wine" in one of the many bars on board?

Thanks for any help you can provide. :)

Not a silly question at all, because the answer is "it depends". The wine package is set up to be distributed by the dining room staff, not bars. You may have luck getting a bar server to go down to the dining room and fetch a bottle from your package, but they may also tell you they are unable, especially if there's no one to cover for them at the bar.

Better to get a bottle or two from your package at dinner and take them back to your cabin. Then you can use them as you please. They will also give you glasses and a corkscrew.

Not a silly question at all, because the answer is "it depends". The wine package is set up to be distributed by the dining room staff, not bars. You may have luck getting a bar server to go down to the dining room and fetch a bottle from your package, but they may also tell you they are unable, especially if there's no one to cover for them at the bar.

Better to get a bottle or two from your package at dinner and take them back to your cabin. Then you can use them as you please. They will also give you glasses and a corkscrew.

Exactly. And it is perfectly acceptable to take your bottle with you to a bar or lounge to drink.

I plan to test the Windjammer out with my wine package, next week. I have never had an issue in the MDR or a specialty restaurant.

If we were not going right back to our cabin from dinner, I have also sent the wine to Room Service to be delivered from the MDR.

I plan to test the Windjammer out with my wine package, next week. I have never had an issue in the MDR or a specialty restaurant.

If we were not going right back to our cabin from dinner, I have also sent the wine to Room Service to be delivered from the MDR.

I think that the MDR has to be open for the WJ staff to be able to get some of the bottles - they don't keep a stock of all the bottles there. But we've never had an issue getting what we want, just have to time the request right.:)

Archived