My Carnival Victory review 4/1-4/8/2012 (Long with lots of pix!)

scraphappylady- How was the snorkeling at Little Divi Bay Resort? DH and I are interested in doing the same thing with Margot in the morning and a beach in the afternoon. We are not interested in the planes either so this might be a good match for us.

Most of the beach is not made for snorkeling. Lots of sand, no reefs close by. I thought I saw a post a while ago that on the right hand side of the beach, more by the rocks, there was some snorkeling, but I couldn't find the post where I read that. Anyone know?? We were about snorkeled out by that point, so we didn't really look into it.

However, the resort offers kayaks and jet skiis, if you want a little more excitement from your beach.

I don't think you'll have a problem doing both Marigot and the beach. We never felt rushed and really liked ending our cruise on the beach. Very relaxing!!:)

stluciacosoltour261_edited-1.jpg

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your review. We were on this cruise in January and I relived many of the things we did while seeing your photos. When I saw your photo above I had to go back and check my pictures. Sure enough...I had taken a photo of the same street!

IMG_6213.JPG

For some reason I wasn't looking forward to the ports on this cruise...we just went so we could vacation with our friends. BUT...looking back I would say that St. Kitts and St. Lucia are probably some of our favorite ports out of 6 cruises!! In my opinion they truly fit the definition of "paradise"!

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your review. We were on this cruise in January and I relived many of the things we did while seeing your photos. When I saw your photo above I had to go back and check my pictures. Sure enough...I had taken a photo of the same street!

For some reason I wasn't looking forward to the ports on this cruise...we just went so we could vacation with our friends. BUT...looking back I would say that St. Kitts and St. Lucia are probably some of our favorite ports out of 6 cruises!! In my opinion they truly fit the definition of "paradise"!

Thanks so much! It's always interesting to see what other people consider to be photo-worthy; I just think it's funny that we both considered this view to be so, but from slightly different perspectives!!

And I agree with you on ports here! I have a few favorites, including Roatan and Grand Cayman, but I could definitely see myself building a vacation home on either St. Kitts or St. Lucia (after I win the lottery, of course! :p) They are the Caribbean embodied, without the growing crime and development of places like St. Thomas.

Loved the review, especially all the photos of old San Juan. To me, it has much more of a European feel than the French side of St. Martin. Does the Sheraton offer free wifi? I was wondering because on our last visit to San Juan as we walked by the Sheraton we saw lots of crew members sitting on the sidewalk outside of the hotel on their laptops. I figured they were accessing free internet!

Thanks again for a lovely review!! No cruises for us for a while, but will be taking a road trip soon to look at colleges!! The joys of having two seniors!!

stkitts187_edited-1.jpg

mandystkitts151_edited-1.jpg

Finally, the rest of my group made it back outside.

stkitts196_edited-1.jpg

stkitts197_edited-1.jpg

stkitts198_edited-1.jpg

auntkaygreytour30_edited-1.jpg

View looking out over the "front" of the fort.

You are an excellent photographer; this review should be published!!!

You are an excellent photographer; this review should be published!!!

Thanks! But to be honest, my aunt and DD took some of the pix, too. those are the ones with "mandypix" or "kaypix" in the bottom right hand corner, instead of my screen name.

As for publishing, well, I have a degree in journalism, but I haven't really used it in so long I was feeling rusty. That, and texting with the kids, was sending me downhill fast. So, it's nice to get feedback like this. Maybe I haven't quite lost my touch!

Loved the review, especially all the photos of old San Juan. To me, it has much more of a European feel than the French side of St. Martin. Does the Sheraton offer free wifi? I was wondering because on our last visit to San Juan as we walked by the Sheraton we saw lots of crew members sitting on the sidewalk outside of the hotel on their laptops. I figured they were accessing free internet!

Thanks again for a lovely review!! No cruises for us for a while, but will be taking a road trip soon to look at colleges!! The joys of having two seniors!!

Thanks again! I think Old San Juan is one of my favorite places to photograph. Definitely more Old World feeling than French St Martin!! And yes, free wi-fi; I guess the signal probably was "leaking out," so to speak. :p

And I'll be sympathizing right along with you as to college visits instead of cruises next. Sigh. Will we ever make it back on the seas again?:(

Hi, what is a hybrid scrapbook page?

hi back! hybrid scrapbooking is a mix of digital and traditional methods. In my case, I had pages printed that already had pictures and journaling on patterned paper. I painted the edges of the paper, then added stuff like rub-ons, gems, stickers...

hi back! hybrid scrapbooking is a mix of digital and traditional methods. In my case, I had pages printed that already had pictures and journaling on patterned paper. I painted the edges of the paper, then added stuff like rub-ons, gems, stickers...

I would love to see some of your work...what software do you use?

I would love to see some of your work...what software do you use?

I don't know any good way to share my work here on c.c. If you know how - please tell me! :o

otherwise, if you're on facebook, if you want, look me up: marcia skarda miller - let me know who you are / that you're from cc. I post most of my layouts there. This was my first attempt at hybrid - I cheated - I had already created an 8x8 album at shutterfly - so I made it 12x12, changed a few photos and text, and had a book printed (on a good sale!!). I cut the pages out of the book. I'm very much a traditional scrapbooker still. I don't have digi software. My work is not super elaborate; I tend to let the pictures do the talking and keep the layouts streamlined.

I don't know any good way to share my work here on c.c. If you know how - please tell me! :o

otherwise, if you're on facebook, if you want, look me up: marcia skarda miller - let me know who you are / that you're from cc. I post most of my layouts there. This was my first attempt at hybrid - I cheated - I had already created an 8x8 album at shutterfly - so I made it 12x12, changed a few photos and text, and had a book printed (on a good sale!!). I cut the pages out of the book. I'm very much a traditional scrapbooker still. I don't have digi software. My work is not super elaborate; I tend to let the pictures do the talking and keep the layouts streamlined.

Great! Sounds good...I will add you to FB the next time I am on and check out your pages. What day are you taking the Victory cruise?

Not the same week as you... we are on for the final Victory southern Carib on 1/20 and the Victory repositioning on 1/27. Love B2Bs!!!

Lucky you! Someday we will do a back to back....we are looking at an Alaskan cruise someday!

• 2 weeks later...
Sailing on Victory January 13th, booked aft cabin 2 days ago. Trying to turn it into a friend gathering. Moved to Colorado right after graduating college and its hard to get back to east coast to see the friends. Looking forward to the review and cant wait for my actual trip. My wife and I are so excited. I think she might be a little more excited then I.

Hi, what cabin did you book. We are going Jan. 6th and staying in an aft wrap.

This was, by far, the most enjoyable review I have had the pleasure of reading. Nice! What a great job and I can totally see the hours of work you put into this. Thank you for sharing your vacation, and your wonderful family with us. :):)

This was, by far, the most enjoyable review I have had the pleasure of reading. Nice! What a great job and I can totally see the hours of work you put into this. Thank you for sharing your vacation, and your wonderful family with us. :):)

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :). I always end up spending more time on these than I think I will, but it's so much fun to relive our trip as I write. (Now if I could only scrapbook the trip in the same amount of time :(. I am starting to work with Photoshop, but there's such a steep learning curve . . . Sigh.)

I cannot recall what days were formal days. Could you please let me know? I think I remember that the sea day is one, but I am not sure. We leave in 4 weeks and I am trying to get my packing list together. Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dress shorts and nice polo or maybe a collared shirt would be fine on casual nights. Don't sweat it - as long as they look nice, no one should even notice. (DS never got changed unless it was into trunks or clothes for bed!) Even DH wore dress shorts one night :eek: and he's still here to tell about it! :p

Oh, and did you hear how they're introducing something new . . . Naked Night . . . .?

First of all, thank you so much for the very detailed review and all the wonderful photos!! Next Sunday will be our turn on Victory!

Dress shorts are listed in the dress code on Carnival for casual nights, and my DH and I plan to wear them next week on the Victory.(first time for either of us to wear shorts into the dining room in over 50 cruises) I haven't read anything about "Naked Night" on the website, though.....:o;) care to share any details you have heard??:eek: We cruised a b2b 19 nights Mediterranean cruise this summer on Royal Caribbean, and shorts are not in the dress code. We dressed accordingly, but hope this will be a much more casual atmosphere, as we are doing this cruise as a beach relaxation cruise. We do follow the guidelines for dress on all our cruises.

Archived