Online check-in glitches?

We have two cabins booked for a June cruise. We have checked in online for both cabins and then printed the edocs. But going back later, the system will say that our check-in is only 75% complete. So we keep redoing the check-in, seeing that it is all done but then logging in later and it is back to 75% complete sometimes. I phoned NCL and they acted surprised, making me think that this is not a glitch they are aware of. The lady just told me to print the edocs again to be sure. So, now I am really getting paranoid when I read in other posts that people's edocs actually say "cruise ticket" on them. Mine starts with Cruise Summary Details, then page 2 with a bar code to be scanned. Page 3 says "Guest ticket Contract To be presented for Passage." Is this the cruise ticket? Page 4 is the guest copy of contract and then a detailed itinerary and coupons.

So do I have what I need to have printed to board? :eek: Thanks!

We have two cabins booked for a June cruise. We have checked in online for both cabins and then printed the edocs. But going back later, the system will say that our check-in is only 75% complete. So we keep redoing the check-in, seeing that it is all done but then logging in later and it is back to 75% complete sometimes. I phoned NCL and they acted surprised, making me think that this is not a glitch they are aware of. The lady just told me to print the edocs again to be sure. So, now I am really getting paranoid when I read in other posts that people's edocs actually say "cruise ticket" on them. Mine starts with Cruise Summary Details, then page 2 with a bar code to be scanned. Page 3 says "Guest ticket Contract To be presented for Passage." Is this the cruise ticket? Page 4 is the guest copy of contract and then a detailed itinerary and coupons.

So do I have what I need to have printed to board? :eek: Thanks!

Yes the "Guest ticket Contract To be presented for Passage", thats your cruise ticket. Ive had the website say my check in isnt done too, but it is.

If you can print the docs, then youre all set! :D

First, the NCL edoc web site is forever messing up. It will almost every time tell you to print out your edocs...after you have already done so. However, page one is cruise summary, but page two should be a page titled "cruise ticket" which will have a bar code either before or after it depending on how long each page is. Then the next page is the customers copy of the cruise ticket. You actually should have something that says cruise ticket. Then the bar code and all the rest is just nice to have. This is based on past experience...... I might add, if you had none of the above, but had actually completed check in on line, you would still get processed onto the ship ok. They have the record of your purchased trip. The cruise ticket is needed to get you into the terminal, past security without extra effort. Correction again.....I just read the above post. Maybe the "cruise ticket" has been retitled now.

I have found that after completing the online checkin and printed the edocs, I've gone back to MY NCL and purchased an excursion or made a dinner reservation and then found that the online checkin screen reverted back to 75% complete. Perhaps thats the problem because once I printed the updated edocs with the itinerary and reservations and the like the website shows 100% complete.

First, the NCL edoc web site is forever messing up. It will almost every time tell you to print out your edocs...after you have already done so. However, page one is cruise summary, but page two should be a page titled "cruise ticket" which will have a bar code either before or after it depending on how long each page is. Then the next page is the customers copy of the cruise ticket. You actually should have something that says cruise ticket. Then the bar code and all the rest is just nice to have. This is based on past experience...... I might add, if you had none of the above, but had actually completed check in on line, you would still get processed onto the ship ok. They have the record of your purchased trip. The cruise ticket is needed to get you into the terminal, past security without extra effort. Correction again.....I just read the above post. Maybe the "cruise ticket" has been retitled now.

I just looked at some of our edocs again. I see the issue now. The second page has "Cruise Ticket" printed at the very top. However, further down and on the right hand side of that page, it says "Guest ticket Contract To be presented for Passage". They are the same thing. Maybe the top of the page didn't print for what ever reason.

the only glitch i have is the edocs is not printer friendly....Nothing fits correctly on a regular page. Like the barcode is on the bottom of page1,and the cruise ticket is on 2 pages. I am using the default printer settings...hmmm

I have had this problem with each one of our cruises over several years. I find it hard to believe that NCL does not know about the "glitch". Their website is always messing up. There were plenty of post on here back in 2010 when the Epic was coming out and people were calling about the "glitch". So they were definitely aware back then. :(

We have two cabins booked for a June cruise. We have checked in online for both cabins and then printed the edocs. But going back later, the system will say that our check-in is only 75% complete. So we keep redoing the check-in, seeing that it is all done but then logging in later and it is back to 75% complete.

I have the same problem (only we just have 1 cabin booked). I'm sailing in December. I hope they don't make us go through some crazy long check in process at the port because our completed check in says incomplete!! :eek: Also, I can't seem to pull up our edocs even though check in is complete (not even when it actually says they are complete)!! :confused:

I have the same problem (only we just have 1 cabin booked). I'm sailing in December. I hope they don't make us go through some crazy long check in process at the port because our completed check in says incomplete!! :eek: Also, I can't seem to pull up our edocs even though check in is complete (not even when it actually says they are complete)!! :confused:

edocs become available within 45-60 days of the sail date. Thats why you can not view them yet

Archived