"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas- Bermuda / May 11, 2012

Thanks so much for the live report Radio.

I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute and love the photos!

I cannot believe I am sad at the thought of you coming home!:(

Have a safe journey home and I look forward to your next cruise

Lisa :)

I was hoping to get a few pics from the Jump Zone, but it may not happen.

Radio, I remembered your review from last year mentioning the bungee trampoline, and thought I'd post this. And thank you, I've really enjoyed your current review/photos and hope the 'Dark and Stormy' day has brightened! :)

I was glad to see the Jump Zone is use yesterday just before sail away.

D54.JPG

Radio,

We are sailing on Enchantment on May 25th to Bermuda!!! Thank you so much for your gorgeous pictures and your updates. I felt like I was cruising along with you. Safe trip home and I look forward to your next cruise and review!

Vicki

Radio,

What camera are you using?

Do you happen to know which beach has an arched rock formation that you would stand on the beach and look through to the ocean? Celebrity has it on their website with the Bermuba cruise info.

Thanks again for the updates,

Robin

Radio,

What camera are you using?

While I'm sure Radio has a nice camera, his pics are so good because he knows how to compose a picture, how to make the shot interesting. Radio's pics would be good if he was using a $49 camera with one arm tied behind his back -- he's got the eye of a great photographer!

Zippy 12, I see you are from Cornwall! I'll be on holiday in Cornwall the week of May 27th!!!! I know we're going to Ilfracombe and Falmouth amongst other places. Any suggestions on good pubs to eat in, etc? My family is in Bristol and W Sussex.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Hi. Enjoy your trip to Cornwall. Visit the Minnack porthcurno, st micheals mount Penzance and perhaps the Eden project. The meaderys are a very good eating places have fun .:)

Hello everyone. . . Shortly after my last post, the sun came out for a few hours. It was out for most of the afternoon, with a lot of humidity. I sat in the Solarium for a few hours while playing cards, and drinking some coffee. It never rained for the rest of the day, and many passengers were sunning and swimming.

During the Captain’s Corner discussion this afternoon, Captain “Anders” suggested that this cruise has had the best weather this year, and will take all of the credit. He also joked that of course the Captain always gets the blame for bad weather. . .

The Captain and Cruise director also discussed that the Grandeur of the Seas is currently undergoing a major refit that is part of the Royal Advantage upgrades. He suggested that when Grandeur comes to Baltimore next may, there will be many upgrades that we have not seen yet. The details have been advertised at the RCI website.

We are sailing at 19kts, and are still scheduled to pick up the pilot at 9:30 at the Cape Henry Pilot station. The lights of Virginia Beach and Norfolk will be visible, and I’m sure that many passengers will be on the outside decks or balconies try to get a Cell signal. . . I know I will. We should cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel by around 11PM.

Tonight will offer the Farewell Show, and I will try to attend one of the sessions (There are 2 shows tonight) I will try to get more pics up later tonight. Here are a few pics from this afternoon.

Thanks for all of the nice comments. . .andt hanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

The sun peeked out today for a few hours. . .long enough for some tanning. . .

F10.JPG

The clouds moved away too for most of the afternoon

F11.JPG

It actually got a little warm today with temps around 75F

F12.JPG

The National Parade of Flags is very popular on Enchantment of the Seas

F15.JPG

Captain’s Corner is a nice Q & A Session that is usually held on the last day.

F17.JPG

Answering questions today were (L-R) Chief Engineer, Jerzy Gramcznski- Captain Andres Ingebrigtsen- Hotel Director, Mark Rook and Cruise Director John Blair

F16.JPG

Enjoy you last night of the cruise...we'll be passing you in the morning as we board.

Last week at Captain's Corner, Capt.Anders would not comment on the Enchantment going to PC or the Granduer coming to Baltimore. At least it is now being officially discussed.

Thanks for the posts and terrific pictures.

Thanks again for all the great posts and pictures.

You make it fun to read.

When are you cruising again??

WE NEED MORE RADIO REPORTS. :D;):p

The weather back home should be beautiful, no rain and in the mid 70's.

Have a safe, fun fill trip back.

Radio,

Thanks again for the virtual cruise! As usual you did a great job and I loved checking in every day to see what was new. I wish I had a chance to sail on the Enchantment but don't think I'll be able to before she moves to Port Canaveral. Enjoy your last night on board!!!!

Patty

Thank you radio for your wonderful "live" post!! I have really really enjoyed following you and im so glad you had great weather and enjoyed your time in bermuda!!

I cannot wait to follow you on you next cruise,you make me feel like im with you until my next cruise in feb 2013 its so far you make it better!! Thanks again!!! :)

Quite simple: tourists are not allowed to rent a car in Bermuda. There is simply not enough room on the roads for them. Families are restricted to one car each, unless a profession requires more (such as a doctor or a police officer, etc.)

Theron

From what I remember when I was in Bermuda in 1985, personal cars were compact -- at least the ones that I saw and one that I rode in that was owned or leased by a lady I met. She is a friend of a former client and he told me that I should get in touch with her before my cruise. She was working in fundraising for the Bermuda Biological Station. She picked me up at the pier where my ship (SS Bermuda Star) was docked and we had a nice lunch at the St. George's Club.

Thanks, Radio for your report. I hope I don't regret opting for the 8 night cruise on Enchantment (only one night in Bermuda) instead of the 6 night cruise (with two nights in Bermuda). I hope a day an a half in Bermuda would be sufficient.

Don't we all hate last nights on our cruises? Thanks for giving us all the information about your cruise Radio. I am so looking forward to sailing on the Enchantment next February. Radio I hope (and know you did) had a wonderful time.

Smitty

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to DAY 7 of “LIVE” from the Enchantment of the Seas.

I decided to go up to the Windjammer Café last night to enjoy some Sushi (Not available in the MDR) It was nice to relax up there for my final dinner aboard. I had the pleasure of enjoying dinner with a few Cruise Critic friends.

I was able to get to the Farewell Show (a little late though. . .), but I enjoyed the 70’s Show in the Centrum. The music was a very load, and I could hear it clearly from my Cabin which is very close to the Centrum.

I woke up very early this morning. ( I have been known to do that on occasion), and we were passing under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge at about 5AM. We made it up to the Key bridge by 6:30, and were tied up to the Pier by a little after 7AM.

Self debarkation begun by 7:30, and I should be getting off by about 10AM. I guess I should start packing, but I want to say that I had a great cruise, with great weather.

It was nice to cruise with my family and friends. There were many Cruise Critic friends on board that I had a great time with (MedicKen, Cruise lover58, WallyGator, megr1125, and Terriberri) I met many more at our meet and Mingle, and we some of them throughout the week. . .

Thanks for all of the nice comments. . .It was nice to be posting “LIVE” and I am looking forward to doing this again soon. I hope that some future cruisers on Enchantment of the Seas may have received a little insight on my travel this week. . .at least you received some info through “my eyes”.

So long, and I guess I should end my post with. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

The Farewell Show brought our many of the stars of the week.

F21.JPG

The 70’s Show late last night featured dancers and great music in the Centrum

F22.JPG

We pass under the Key bridge early this morning

G2.JPG

Enchantment of the Seas approaches the Pier slowly

G3.JPG

My last post was written on the Radio Press Room Balcony (Cabin 7606)

G5.JPG

Your Intrepid Reporter say so long. . .until my next “LIVE” report coming soon !

D23.JPG

From the top of the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse in Bermuda (May 2012)

Welcome back to Baltimore Radio!

Your cruise flew by and I so enjoyed getting an inside glimpse of the Enchantment and Bermuda. I hope to get onboard in August, would love to cruise with you someday!

Glad the sun is shining on you. I live about an hour north of the port.

Chrissy

Archived