British Colonial Hilton Nassau day pass

Bloopmnstr

Has anybody done the day pass at British Colonial Hilton Nassau resort recently? I looked online and saw that the day pass is $50pp and it includes a $30 food voucher. Do they still have a day pass for the beach WITHOUT the food voucher? We will be there in mid September and don't want to pay for the food. My other question is if it would be a bad idea to not reserve. Is it likely to be sold out if we just show up? We will have a group of eight people. Thanks in advance :D

Has anybody done the day pass at British Colonial Hilton Nassau resort recently? I looked online and saw that the day pass is $50pp and it includes a $30 food voucher. Do they still have a day pass for the beach WITHOUT the food voucher? We will be there in mid September and don't want to pay for the food. My other question is if it would be a bad idea to not reserve. Is it likely to be sold out if we just show up? We will have a group of eight people. Thanks in advance :D

I did the BHC in October with friends for my girlscruise. I'm not sure if they offer a pass without the voucher but you can use it for drinks too not just food. It was a nice place and I would recommend it. I did not book in advance since I wanted to make sure of the weather. There were 4 of us and we had no issues with walking up and getting a pass but I guess it would depend on how many ships were in port.

I did the BHC in October with friends for my girlscruise. I'm not sure if they offer a pass without the voucher but you can use it for drinks too not just food. It was a nice place and I would recommend it. I did not book in advance since I wanted to make sure of the weather. There were 4 of us and we had no issues with walking up and getting a pass but I guess it would depend on how many ships were in port.

We decided to wait and see how the weather is that day. If the voucher goes towards drinks as well than I can't complain :D Thanks for the help

There is a recent thread from someone who was turned away because the hotel was full. We will be in Nassau one week from today so I went ahead and booked online through Island Marketing. You pick up the passes at the hotel on the day of.

I was just there last month.

We walked up the day of and got our passes.

The property is beautiful, the wait staff was friendly and awesome.

The food was delicious.

The bartender made the BEST piña coladas I have EVER had.

I will definitely go back again!

I was just there last month.

We walked up the day of and got our passes.

The property is beautiful, the wait staff was friendly and awesome.

The food was delicious.

The bartender made the BEST piña coladas I have EVER had.

I will definitely go back again!

Sounds great! My family was looking for a beach close to the cruise port and this place seemed pretty close and well taken care of. I definitely think we'll be spending the day here now :D Did it seem at all crowded? Were there plenty of chairs for everyone in your group?

Sounds great! My family was looking for a beach close to the cruise port and this place seemed pretty close and well taken care of. I definitely think we'll be spending the day here now :D Did it seem at all crowded? Were there plenty of chairs for everyone in your group?

I love the fact that you can walk there. It was a nice, clean and quiet beach. It was fun to watch the ships come in and spin around to dock. I found it not to be crowded at all. On the way back to the ship, we did our shopping. It was a great day. I would definately do it again if I was looking for a beach day. I think you will enjoy it.

They did make a great Miami Vice too :D

It was myself, my husband and our 6yo son. It took ~10minutes to walk there.

It never got crowded at all. We sat down on the beach for about an hour and a half then moved up to one of the lounger beds by the pool for the rest of the day. No chair hogs here!!

We met another family with young kids and my son had a blast.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wanting to book this day pass for my cruise in September. This is my first time cruising so I'm so unsure about getting off the port. When I get off the ship where would I walk to pick up my pass and pay the rest of the $50?

I'm wanting to book this day pass for my cruise in September. This is my first time cruising so I'm so unsure about getting off the port. When I get off the ship where would I walk to pick up my pass and pay the rest of the $50?

If you use island marketing, you just go directly to the hotel. Take a copy of your confirmation email and pay them the balance.

To be perfectly honest, I am not sure what the draw of the hotel is, or what you are expected to pay for. We've stayed there a couple of times (it is a historically and culturally a relatively important hotel), and yes, we've enjoyed the beach. But there was nobody checking if we belong there or not, or if we've paid some sort of a resort fee or not.

Those of us who simply want a nice beach, a nice pool, some food and beverage, and just a place to relax while the ship stops in Nassau for a day, find this appealing.

It certainly appeals to me a whole lot more than Atlantis.

I would think that if you come waltzing in from the street with your beach bag, that you probably don't look like you're a hotel guest!

If you aren't, then you should have to pay to use the facilities!

To be perfectly honest, I am not sure what the draw of the hotel is, or what you are expected to pay for. We've stayed there a couple of times (it is a historically and culturally a relatively important hotel), and yes, we've enjoyed the beach. But there was nobody checking if we belong there or not, or if we've paid some sort of a resort fee or not.

Things have changed recently, and they DO check. The draw of this hotel is it's proximity to the ship, and that's it's peaceful and quiet.. NOT a noisy, crowded Resort atmosphere.

I would take this over Atlantis or even the sheraton in a heartbeat. I like the relaxed feel.. and poolside service.

For those looking for more excitement, or things to do.. this is NOT the place.

BTW.. if you stayed here... you paid a resort fee with your room charges.

How is the beach itself ? Is it a good size? How about snorkeling from the beach? We will be there in August and I like the idea of walking there.

The beach itself is small and private. About 300 yards wide. White and sandy, and the waters bottom is white and sandy as well. Not great for snorkeling from the beach.. althought there are some juvenile fish near the walls on each side of the property.

This is a small, quiet and relaxed property. Not great for active kids or adults who need more.

If the idea of walking is all that appeals to you, there is a free beach (Junkanoo beach) just pass the hotel, around the corner. You can rent a chair, there are restrooms, concession stands etc.

Things have changed recently, and they DO check. The draw of this hotel is it's proximity to the ship, and that's it's peaceful and quiet.. NOT a noisy, crowded Resort atmosphere.

I would take this over Atlantis or even the sheraton in a heartbeat. I like the relaxed feel.. and poolside service.

For those looking for more excitement, or things to do.. this is NOT the place.

BTW.. if you stayed here... you paid a resort fee with your room charges.

Scubagirl welcome home.

So is this place close enough to walk from the ship?

Scubagirl welcome home.

So is this place close enough to walk from the ship?

Thanks.

Yes, it's a easy 10 minute stroll along the wharf and around the corner to the entrance. You can see the building from the ship, wharf, Bay street etc.

We did the BCH last year - prices went up since then but it was a great place to spend the day. We did the self walking tour of the city and then came here to relax. Nice beach and good food. Snorkeling was not any good - sandy bottom doesn't lend itself to much sealife. We were able to take a break from the sun and walked to the (then) temporary straw market to do a little bit of haggling and then back to the BCH. Ten minutes from the ships.

Archived