The Naughty Room?

Eve

We were on the Summit in April to so. Caribbean. We had four (3 large and 1 small) rum runners of Scotch in our various checked luggage. Our luggage arrived safely within one hour of our arriving on the ship. We each carried on two bottles of wine. In addition, we got back off the ship, bought four more bottles of wine and carried those on. In San Juan, there is a liquor store in the port. There is no scanning after you check in. The woman in the store also sold us the inidivudal liquor bottles ($2.00 each) and told the guys just to put them in their shorts pockets. We were part of a group of 10 and we got together every day in someone's cabin for "happy hour". I realize some may criticize what we did, but we were the ones that took the risk and were willing to accept the consequences. Trust me, they got plenty of $$$ from the 10 of us. It was a great cruise also!

@Darcie, was there something special about your power strip that made them concerned about it? We're among those who need to take a power strip for DH's chair, and I would hate to have that be a problem.

@Darcie, was there something special about your power strip that made them concerned about it? We're among those who need to take a power strip for DH's chair, and I would hate to have that be a problem.
Maybe Celebrity would supply a power strip like HAL does?

Maybe Celebrity would supply a power strip like HAL does?

I asked the Celebrity Experiences Desk about supplying a power bar for use with a CPAP machine on our upcoming cruise. I was told that Celebrity does not supply them, and we would have to bring our own. They will supply the necessary extension cord though.

Some people say that small cothing steamer arent allowed, but that isn't on the Celebrity list of contraband .

On my last cruise, one couple was able to bring a bottle of wine in their backpack onboard at every stop. The backpack was never searched. I think it's become to costly for Celebrity to confiscate and store carryon wine and liquor. Yes they won't allow you bring a case, but maybe a bottle tucked away so not to be conspicuous to the other passengers.

Some people say that small cothing steamer arent allowed, but that isn't on the Celebrity list of contraband .

When I went to the naughty room, as mentioned in my previous post, they were definitely confiscating steamers. The security person said that there were more steamers than irons or kettles taken from passengers.

Sheila

When I went to the naughty room, as mentioned in my previous post, they were definitely confiscating steamers. The security person said that there were more steamers than irons or kettles taken from passengers.

Sheila

From the Celebrity website:

Are steamers allowed onboard?

Steamers or irons are not allowed onboard.

Ooops...sorry, I meant to quote Kevnzworld's statement.

Seems on the Celebrity site, items are often listed in different places. One of these days they'll hopefully revamp the site to make it easier to search...where all related info is together !

Woody

Archived