Strict vegan needs help

bazarr2

:confused:"I am a longtime strict vegan and have to bring my own food with me on trip...s. I see that Carnival cruises offer vegetarian options, but this isn't particularly helpful for me. Can anyone tell me if the food includes vegan options (or if I'm able to look at a detailed menu including ingredients before booking a cruise)? And if not, can I bring my own food aboard? I see that non-alcoholic beverages are allowed on board but can't find any rules/regulations about food. Thanks so much for your help! I'm not looking to bring my own gourmet meals with me. I really just want to make sure I know the rules of what I am allowed to bring.

I don't want to end up in a situation where my food is confiscated and I have nothing to eat all week! "

They might have an answer too, but John might give you some free goodies if you ask him or so I've heard.

wow, good to know, I like free stuff :rolleyes: Like what? Free veggies from the salad bar?

:confused:"I am a longtime strict vegan and have to bring my own food with me on trip...s. I see that Carnival cruises offer vegetarian options, but this isn't particularly helpful for me. Can anyone tell me if the food includes vegan options (or if I'm able to look at a detailed menu including ingredients before booking a cruise)? And if not, can I bring my own food aboard? I see that non-alcoholic beverages are allowed on board but can't find any rules/regulations about food. Thanks so much for your help! I'm not looking to bring my own gourmet meals with me. I really just want to make sure I know the rules of what I am allowed to bring.

I don't want to end up in a situation where my food is confiscated and I have nothing to eat all week! "

foe some reason I think i read on here that you can get the indian veg entree daily.This is my favorite dinner every cruise they have it the first night,but I think you can request it daily,if not i will be corrected:)

Thanks, I just did that today ;)

At least you comments weren't sarcastic like the others :)

I am sorry if you thought I was being sarcastic. Seriously last cruise with Carnival John helped a special problem we had then he sent strawberries, some champagne and a ship on a stick to our room.

Hope the special needs department can help!

Even if you could bring your own food, the logistics of storage and prep make it a not feasible. Look I'm not going to tell you there is a vegan salad bar @ the back of the ship but if you look, there is plenty to eat. I don't know how strict you are but if you have other . requirements, say your also gluten free there would still be plenty to eat. Good vegans know how to adapt, and I know how big of a pain in the ass it is, I have 3 vegan brothers and I also eat vegan but lean more pescatarian. I had to quit eating meat because of a medical condition.

foe some reason I think i read on here that you can get the indian veg entree daily.This is my favorite dinner every cruise they have it the first night,but I think you can request it daily,if not i will be corrected:)

The Indian Veggie entrees are very good. I have eaten them a lot, my mouth is watering just thinking about it ;)

I have a friend who has cruised twice with me on MSC, which has much more old school dining, less buffet choice, etc and he was fine..and VEGAN. Not vegetarian....vegan

He ate huge breakfasts...oatmeal, raisins, granola, fruit

salad bar salad bar salad bar

he talked with the maitre d and waiters and always had stuff to eat

Dinner he had pasta a lot, pasta with veggies, some Indonisian foods, rice dishes, also Indian dishes (staff on MSC are mostly Indonesian and some Indians too)

Wait, you have 8,000 posts and you don't know the answer to this question? Haven't you been on a lot of cruises? Am I missing something?

You will find plenty of vegan options in the buffet. MDR, not so much. You might find a great pumpkin soup or something but it probably has chicken broth as a base. Caesar salad is probably so fake (i still love it) that there are no anchovies but it probably has cheese in it. You should probably go down each day and look at the dimmer menu and if it looks sparse for you, go to the Lido. Of course you can bring a ton of food to hold you over- granola bars and things. I don't think you can bring fruit and veg on, even from the home port.

Good luck to you.

Wait, you have 8,000 posts and you don't know the answer to this question? Haven't you been on a lot of cruises? Am I missing something?

You will find plenty of vegan options in the buffet. MDR, not so much. You might find a great pumpkin soup or something but it probably has chicken broth as a base. Caesar salad is probably so fake (i still love it) that there are no anchovies but it probably has cheese in it. You should probably go down each day and look at the dimmer menu and if it looks sparse for you, go to the Lido. Of course you can bring a ton of food to hold you over- granola bars and things. I don't think you can bring fruit and veg on, even from the home port.

Good luck to you.

normally, i don't start threads. Most of them posts are chatting with friends :)

Ha, if I had 8000 posts or even 8000 days at sea, I would have no idea of the vegan choices! :) But of course the cruiseline that now has fried chicken and meatloaf on the gourmet menu might offer only veggies some day...just give them time.

Good luck to you.

I have over 8,000 "reads" on CC. I don't post just for the prestige of a high post count. :rolleyes: Even with that many "reads" I have no idea of the answer to the OPs question, or what brand of paint they use on the hull of the ship for that matter. :rolleyes: Post count or "read" count does not necessarily equate to knowledge. :rolleyes:

Archived