noro virus cause

Hi on my local news tonight the reported that a group of students (one) got sick and it was the noro virus. One of the kids brought her some food in one of those reusable cloth shopping bags. the girl got better and she returned the bag to the person who brought it to her. Soon that girl got sick and recovered. then they had a big party and food was brought and put in the bag a bunch of kids gogt sick. they tesed the bag and it was loaded with the virus. they said that bag could carry the virus for weeks.

Mary

I prefer to use HAL totes if I only have a small grocery order. If I'm only buying two or three bagsful of items, I use the HAL canvas totes as they wash far easier IMO than the vinyl reusable ones many grocery stores sell.

I prefer to use HAL totes if I only have a small grocery order. If I'm only buying two or three bagsful of items, I use the HAL canvas totes as they wash far easier IMO than the vinyl reusable ones many grocery stores sell.

Judy, did your HAL canvas totes shrink & wrinkle when they were washed? ;)

no

they teasted inside of the bag. I wash my cloth bags after every use. I was sick with salmonella once. It almost killed me. After a weekend in hell I went to ER and was in hospital for 12 days. I got this from Orange juice that was not Pasteurized. I was at a hotel in LA/ they had a second out break. So I am very very careful.

Mary

Actually, it was still someone's dirty unwashed hands that transferred the noro to the bag, or some other similar human-caused transmission route that put it there.

The bag was only the medium where the noro-virus was found, but not technically the cause. Point being rather obliquely made is the reminder to to wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands.

And yes, one can pick up this bug in many unlikely places after someone else put it there. And washing one's own hands is not going to stop that if there is immediacy between touching the contaminated area and putting those hands into one's mouth.

But the best we can all do is when appropriately in need (after restroom use particularly or when care tendon a sick victim) to wash one's hands, wash one's hands. wash one's hands to help break the next contamination chain of events.

But the best we can all do is when appropriately in need (after restroom use particularly or when care tendon a sick victim) to wash one's hands, wash one's hands. wash one's hands to help break the next contamination chain of events.

very well said.

It is just disgusting when you see people leaving the restroom without washing their hands. Who raised them - farm animals??????

very well said.

It is just disgusting when you see people leaving the restroom without washing their hands. Who raised them - farm animals??????

There seems to be a lot of that going around! I see it allthe time,:eek::eek:

There seems to be a lot of that going around! I see it allthe time,:eek::eek:

Same here. It grosses me out.

Hubby and I have had the Noro Virus, and it's awful. We were in the mountains and had picked up a picnic lunch from a restaurant. I thought we were going to die. Neither of us had ever been that sick. I can see why they carry people off on stretchers (from the ship). They do take it seriously on HAL (and I happy for that). It's one awful illness.

Archived