OFF. CC 3rd ANNUAL SUPERBOWL/VALENTINE B2B 2/2 & 2/8 2014 ON THE FREEDOM REDUCED DEP.

Tom thats great that you have such a comfort level with visiting Mexico. There is never anything good in the news about how many people enojoy vacationing there, only the bad stuff makes news. Its nice to have someplace to go back to that you feel so comofortable with.

Austin and I head out on a cruise on Feb 1st wefly to Orlando and board the Dream for 14 days. Some Malihinis Dan and Kelly are coming with us as well as some other friends we cruised with before. Cant wait to get away from our cold and ice and snow either. Just trying to trudge through a sinus infeciton before we head out.

We also have another one booked for August 17th the Carnival Liberty. Nice itinerary and already have friends coming on that with us as well.

I will think of you as we are watching the Big Game on the Big Screen on the Dream on Sunday. Those numbers just have to land in the right spots for us...

Be well my friends. Give Helen our best and we will check in when we get back... 2014 just seems like so long to wait to visit with you both again. HUGS

I'll be thinking about you on that wonderful cruise GF, wishing I was there!

We may have to cancel the first leg of our b2b next year, hoping for the best. We will have to see where the dust settles financially, we had some unexpected expenses with the move and should have a better picture around the first of March. As expected our Europe cruise is turning out to be quite pricey with all the hotels, excursions, airfare etc. plus we have a trip to Disneyland with the grandkids planned for this summer. Also, we are on hold for the pricing re: a group cruise in 2014;) I need to win the Lotto.

Post lots of pics when you get back and have a great time:D

We may have to cancel the first leg of our b2b next year, hoping for the best. We will have to see where the dust settles financially, we had some unexpected expenses with the move and should have a better picture around the first of March. As expected our Europe cruise is turning out to be quite pricey with all the hotels, excursions, airfare etc. plus we have a trip to Disneyland with the grandkids planned for this summer. Also, we are on hold for the pricing re: a group cruise in 2014;) I need to win the Lotto.

I hope that you are able to stay on for at least the second half of the B2B and I promise that as soon as the Alaska pricing comes out I will get it out .

Robin--Ditto on the Lotto!! Reet, Jay ,Ernie and I are only on the 2nd half of the 2014 cruise, so if u have to cancel the first part you will be in good company as we board to meet thre rest of the Hawaii gang !!!:)

Robin--Ditto on the Lotto!! Reet, Jay ,Ernie and I are only on the 2nd half of the 2014 cruise, so if u have to cancel the first part you will be in good company as we board to meet thre rest of the Hawaii gang !!!:)

It'll be great! I really miss all my new cruising friends and can't wait to see ya all again.

We should try playing trivia, we love jeopardy, though we rarely get any of the answers, even the kids are smarter than us. Where do they find those brainiac kids, lol!!!

It'll be great! I really miss all my new cruising friends and can't wait to see ya all again.

We should try playing trivia, we love jeopardy, though we rarely get any of the answers, even the kids are smarter than us. Where do they find those brainiac kids, lol!!!

I'm looking forward to meeting all the people I should have met last April on the Hawaii cruise. :) I'm finally getting to do a Hawaii cruise this September on the Miracle from Vancouver.

I love trivia and if you get a team going, I'd love to join in. It amazes me sometimes what bits of stuff I remember. I'm pretty good at movie and TV trivia.

I'm looking forward to meeting all the people I should have met last April on the Hawaii cruise. :) I'm finally getting to do a Hawaii cruise this September on the Miracle from Vancouver.

I love trivia and if you get a team going, I'd love to join in. It amazes me sometimes what bits of stuff I remember. I'm pretty good at movie and TV trivia.

That sounds good, I'm pretty good at tv trivia, books, anything food/cooking related. My DH is great with music trivia and sports.

We are newbies for sailing out of FLL.

Anyone with some knowledge of the area care to suggest a decent hotel with nearby shopping close to the cruise ship terminal?

Cheers - Tom

Last time I was in Ft. Lauderdale, I stayed at the Rodeway Inn and Suites. It has a Sportsbar restaurant on site and offers shuttles to the pier. I believe they also offer shuttles to/from a local shopping center.

It was a very nice hotel, the only thing I would warn about is that it is a two-level motel-type with NO elevator, so if you have problems with stairs, you may want to request a ground level suite. I arranged a group rate for some of the people on my roll call and they upgraded me to a jacuzzi suite (which I hadn't requested). Unfortunately, I arrived very late at night and the unit was at the far side of the complex and I didn't realize that I had to carry my suitcases up a flight of outside stairs. If I'd known that, I probably would have just asked for a "regular room", but I was still totally satisfied with the place.

The fellow arranging the shuttles to the pier the morning of the cruise was hilarious! Obviously did this a lot and loved doing it. He made the fun of the cruise start early. :D

Thanks for the info on the Rodeway Inn. Although technically we are FLL newbies, some time ago we had a quick stop in FLL and stayed at an Extended Stay America on 17 Street. It was awful but it was a long time ago.

I guess there's lots of time to score a good hotel but it's nice to have a head start with your suggestion.

Tom

Thanks for the info on the Rodeway Inn. Although technically we are FLL newbies, some time ago we had a quick stop in FLL and stayed at an Extended Stay America on 17 Street. It was awful but it was a long time ago.

I guess there's lots of time to score a good hotel but it's nice to have a head start with your suggestion.

Tom

There are a lot of nice places in Ft. Lauderdale from what I've heard from fellow cruisers. Some of the people I'm cruising with on the Breeze are staying in Ft. Lauderdale and shuttling to Miami for the cruise. I'll check with them on board about their hotels and let you know when I'm back about their recommendations.

Tom

I think once Amy returns from her cruise and has a chance to recuperate from all the fun she will have some great suggestions or possibly a discount for a hotel group booking, for those of us interested that is. I know that's what we did for San Diego and it was great!

I stayed in FLL at the Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port. Got a great rate directly through the hotel's site. They have a free airport and cruise port shuttle. Free breakfast also. There is a grocery store, dollar store, and multiple fast food outlets within a 2 minute walk of the hotel.

Tom

We have stayed there 3 times in the last 5 years and have not had a problem...arranged a shuttle to port for us for $5 a couple..and the rooms were fine with a kitchenette. We couldn't complain since we only payed $59 through the internet discount :)

Suziq, what was the distance to Southport bar & grill? They did reserve the whole back patio for the 2010 cruise, meet and greet.

Hey Dan;

You could easily walk there from the Extended Stay on 17th..that is why we chose that hotel the last few times. Loved the Southport Raw Bar...they are so accommodating there and last time, 2011, there was a 3 piece band out on the deck.

How is the cruise going :confused: Any good elevator dancing with Amy and Kelly ;) Looks like you guys are having a blast by looking at the pics!!!! How I wish we were there with you, but next year :D:D

Edited by Suziq333

ask Amy about Not letting Austin do the Zues dance in the elevator. (private of coarse),would be a show. Marcus and I would have been in the adjacent elevators.

Oh my...I would PAY to see that..then it would go on u-tube right beside mine from the Miracle ;) Our original one from the Spirit was the best...maybe we can do a new one on the Freedom !!!!!!!

So glad you are having fun :D

I will start looking at hotel options in the next couple of weeks and see what group rates they can offer us.

Dan you are very funny.... that dance in the public elevators with the lights on may have gotten us all in trouble. TOO much fun !!!!!!

We had such a wonderful time with everyone and cant wait to do it again with TEAM N.F.L. and all the Malihinis.

I stayed in FLL at the Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port. Got a great rate directly through the hotel's site. They have a free airport and cruise port shuttle. Free breakfast also. There is a grocery store, dollar store, and multiple fast food outlets within a 2 minute walk of the hotel.

Hey Sweetcurves welcome to our group, I see you are doing the Dream Western in a couple months.... we just came off of it and it was WONDERFUL !!!!!! Loved every minute of it.

Amy; Your "Group Info" link doesn't work...I sent a few people over and they told me it wasn't working ;)

Hopefully they will be booking within the next few weeks :D

Suzi They can click the links on the Pricing info and the roll call. I think the other one was the one that Kathryn or Johna started after we were approved even though we already had one. Not sure though.