OFF. CC 3rd ANNUAL SUPERBOWL/VALENTINE B2B 2/2 & 2/8 2014 ON THE FREEDOM REDUCED DEP.

We will miss the countdowns, but I guess you have a good reason ;)

Have a great cruise :cool:

Rob; I will add your cabin # next time I update it :)

Lenore and Ernie 7358 and Rita and Jay 7356 but only the second part--the 8 day part. So looking forward to seeing our Hawaii cruise friends again

Hi Everyone,

My name is Tracey...my husband, John and I just booked this back to back today....we're sooooo excited.

We cruised with Amy and Austin (and the "gang") to Hawaii last year from San Diego (seems like a hundred years ago now).

We've been humming and hmmmmm-ing about this one for a long time now and today I said...that's enough we're just going to do it!!

Wish we were doing the back to back with you all this year...but without a lottery intervention, that's not going to happen.

Anyway...just wanted to introduce ourselves...I'll read through the posts over the next few days and be caught up.

We've missed you guys, so happy you're joining us:D

@Amy

1 night pre-cruise is good for us too!

Thanks for the welcome!!:)

Haven't played a game of LRC since the cruise...looking forward to it (being from Canada...we don't have $1.00 bills anymore...would make it harder passing loonies around lol).

We will come in at least one night before the cruise...maybe 2 nights...nice to give ourselves a little "time adjustment" opportunity...we will probably stay a few days after the cruise and explore Florida a little.

When we dd Hawaii last year it was for our 25th anniversary...so we stretched it out in San Diego before and after the cruise and made it 25 days...I told John I deserved one day for every year I stayed married to him...so when we booked I said we needed to stretch it to 27 days this time;) (not likely, but a girl can dream).

We are doing both "legs" of the cruise and, if all goes well, will stay upright on both legs throughout it lol.

Edited by DandyTwister

Amy...what was the name of that chocolate wine you had? I loved that...but can't find anything like it here. (I can also tell you what both John and my "liquor" allowance back home will be made up of....yum!! We, of course, wouldn't take any onto the ship wink wink)

Amy...what was the name of that chocolate wine you had? I loved that...but can't find anything like it here. (I can also tell you what both John and my "liquor" allowance back home will be made up of....yum!! We, of course, wouldn't take any onto the ship wink wink)

Tracey.....27 days girlfriend that would be a slice of heaven !!!!

The chocolate wine is Cocoa Divine or something like that.... Want me to bring some for your carry on allowance for you ? Remind me as we get closer and I will if you want. I have wine carriers for the airplane. They don't have the chocloate cherry anymore just the chocolate, BUT the hotel I am trying to get us is near a BJ's wholesale club and my BJ's here has chocolate wine too and we can all take a parade over to the BJ's and do our liquor buying there and not worry about travelling with it.

The chocolate wine is Cocoa Divine or something like that.... Want me to bring some for your carry on allowance for you ? Remind me as we get closer and I will if you want. I have wine carriers for the airplane. They don't have the chocloate cherry anymore just the chocolate, BUT the hotel I am trying to get us is near a BJ's wholesale club and my BJ's here has chocolate wine too and we can all take a parade over to the BJ's and do our liquor buying there and not worry about travelling with it.

Hi Amy! What hotel are you trying to get for us? Did Mary tell you about the Comfort Inns & Suites she recommended?

:cool:Bill

I haven't tried the choc wine only choc tequila when we were in Cozumel which was absolutely delicious:D I'll have to give it a try. My favorite is Barefoot White Zin!

Hey Bill

I do know about the Comfort I stayed there in 2009. You mean the one on Stirling Road ?

I am also looking at the Hyatt Place just across the road some.

All rates in FLL are high in February, so I will get a group rate for the Confort and for the Hyatt and we can all figure out something that suits us all.

Robin CHOCOALTE TEQUILA ???? Oh HECK NO !!!!!!

are they near stores and restaurants ?

There is a mall there as well as 2 grocers and the best pre cruise dinner place around...Southport Raw Bar. We have been there 3 times now and it is the BEST!!! Hyatt Place is good, and there is Holiday inn, Extended Stay, and lots of others. We walked everywhere last time, and it wasn't far to get to what we needed.

And it is only about 3-4 minutes to the port :D

There is a mall there as well as 2 grocers and the best pre cruise dinner place around...Southport Raw Bar. We have been there 3 times now and it is the BEST!!! Hyatt Place is good, and there is Holiday inn, Extended Stay, and lots of others. We walked everywhere last time, and it wasn't far to get to what we needed.

And it is only about 3-4 minutes to the port :D

Suzi FB me the address to the hotel you are speaking of, I think we might be in the same area.

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO JOHN AND TRACEY ARE COMIN !!!!!!!!! So glad you guys are able to join us !!!!

Let me know if you need any help with Kathryn and the booking process..

We also would like a lottery intervention so we could just cruise permanently.

This is really starting to shape up into a nice group once again !!!!

Im working on getting a group hotel, but hotels in FLL are not cheap so I have a call into a couple of places. Im trying to get us near shopping and stores so that we can pick up our "essentials" (winkey winkey winkey) without having to have a car rental or cab and there is also some places to walk to for eating.

We are definitely only staying for one night prior since we are doing the B2B what is the concensus of the rest of you ?

We've stayed at Cambria Suites Dania Beach twice. Nice place.

We've stayed at Cambria Suites Dania Beach twice. Nice place.

Hey Lynn LOVE seeing you on the threads !!

I just want people to know that what I am running into with prices is that FLL is much more expensive that Orlando and we are not going to get a 79. gorgeous room like we did with San Diego. I am getting prices that are NONE Comfort, Hyatt, Hilton under 160. a night. Ill keep working on it, but we should all expect to pay a bit more this time around.

Hey guys...I know there are alot of Malihinis on here...Please send a prayer to Pat and Bill Wells...Bill had back surgery and now cannot move 1 leg :( First it was his toes and then he could not lift leg...confined to wheelchair and can't go home in this condition...much appreciate any prayers for his recovery !!!

There are hundreds of places along 17th street causeway...and much closer to the cruiseport ;)

Chocolate wine....yummy, chocolate tequila....deadly :eek::eek:

I never liked wine until I tasted the chocolate wine Amy and Austin had at the poker crawl...tequila has never really been in my wheelhouse either...but if it's chocolate who knows!!

I've been looking around for a place to stay after the cruise and "yup" prices are sure higher than in San Diego...if I'm going to have any hope of getting my 27 days I might have to look a little farther away and we drive a little (don't want to stay by the port after...but everywhere is expensive that I've been looking) Oh well, the "hunt" will give me something to pass the time with.

Prayers sent...I hope he recovers fully and soon.

Heloooo NFLers!

This is Kim, and my DH is Gary. we cruised with Amy and Austin and Dan and Kelly this year on the Dream, and we've kind of been obsessively dreaming of joining you all next year on the Freedom.

The catch is, we have to get our kids (DS7 & DS9) on a vacation first. So, Disney is now booked for October. We're hoping to get on board with the NFers for week 2, Valentines cruise!

No promises yet, but if it happens, I want to be well into the group!

Heloooo NFLers!

This is Kim, and my DH is Gary. we cruised with Amy and Austin and Dan and Kelly this year on the Dream, and we've kind of been obsessively dreaming of joining you all next year on the Freedom.

The catch is, we have to get our kids (DS7 & DS9) on a vacation first. So, Disney is now booked for October. We're hoping to get on board with the NFers for week 2, Valentines cruise!

YAAAAAA HOOOOOOO...another Canadian ;) I have heard alot about you 2....but I won't share on here ;):eek:

Heloooo NFLers!

Hey girlfriend dont forget Tracey and Marcus !!!! Tracey hasnt posted on here yet, BUT I know her she is stalking (aren't ya Tracey?) ohhhh and MALLORY AND LARRY too !!!

YAAAAAA HOOOOOOO...another Canadian ;) I have heard alot about you 2....but I won't share on here ;):eek:

Now Suzi ...... LOL We have only said good !!! oh yeah and how Gary has his own liquor/wine bottling business TEEE HEEEE ! Dont worry though I did tell Kim you are another Canadian as is Sandy and Jill and Jonathan who are coming on the second week with us . I think Jill and Jonathan are actually near you Kim. Suzi and Sandy however are left coasters !

Hahaaah, I'm sure you have.

Hey girlfriend dont forget Tracey and Marcus !!!! Tracey hasnt posted on here yet, BUT I know her she is stalking (aren't ya Tracey?) ohhhh and MALLORY AND LARRY too !!!

Of course, can't forget Tracey and Marcus (Hiii Tracey!) And Mallory and Larry of course!

Now Suzi ...... LOL We have only said good !!! oh yeah and how Gary has his own liquor/wine bottling business TEEE HEEEE ! Dont worry though I did tell Kim you are another Canadian as is Sandy and Jill and Jonathan who are coming on the second week with us . I think Jill and Jonathan are actually near you Kim. Suzi and Sandy however are left coasters !

The 'business' is a joint effort. And there's nothing wrong with a bit of Left Coast appeal! Always happy for Canada to represent! ;)

Hey guys...I know there are alot of Malihinis on here...Please send a prayer to Pat and Bill Wells...Bill had back surgery and now cannot move 1 leg :( First it was his toes and then he could not lift leg...confined to wheelchair and can't go home in this condition...much appreciate any prayers for his recovery !!!

Suziq--dont forget to update our rooms on the list : Lenore and Ernie 7358 and Rita and Jay 7356 for the 8 day only..Thanks Lenore:)

Cruisingcouple2008 - Amy and Austin -N.Y. #6438 b2b

Suziq333 - Sue and Bruce -Coquitlam,B.C. #6442 b2b

JMWG49 - Jill and Jonathan -Ontario

Ramrax4 - Robin and Robert-Northern CA #6481

My6Dogs - Mike and Ann-

Ernvette - Lenore and Ernie -New Braunfels, TX #7358 2nd

Platinumbob - Rob and Trish - Texas #7434

Jordainaire - Bill and Leila-Georgetown, KY 2nd

Sweetreet - Rita and Jay-San Jose,CA #7356 2nd

Elephantman - Tom and Helen - B.C.

Bunny57 - Kim and Palmer -SanDiego, CA

Uffdafla - Kelly and Dan -Orlando, Fl. 1st