C&A Discount Questions

Forgive me if this has been asked already....

Family and I were looking over C&A program the other day in discussion of a future cruise booking. We're currently Gold with 22 points. We'll be taking a 9 night in August. My first question is, will the 9 night put us in the next C&A level? The old system used to be 5 cruises to level up. The new points system is a little confusing.

My second question is if we do level up, when making our next booking what would the typical Balcony/Suite discount be?

Thanks

Forgive me if this has been asked already....

Family and I were looking over C&A program the other day in discussion of a future cruise booking. We're currently Gold with 22 points. We'll be taking a 9 night in August. My first question is, will the 9 night put us in the next C&A level? The old system used to be 5 cruises to level up. The new points system is a little confusing.

My second question is if we do level up, when making our next booking what would the typical Balcony/Suite discount be?

Thanks

Yes, the 9 points will move you to Platinum. You are eligible for a balcony discount at Platinum. The amount of the discount varies with length of cruise. For a 7 day cruise, the discount is $100 per stateroom.

Here's the current list of discounts:

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 50* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 75* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

So is it one point per night? Just am not sure how the points are calculated? Wish it were easy to know. I know Princess just changed theirs to # of cruises or nights aboard to calculate their levels. Is RCCL similar ? Thanks.

So is it one point per night? Just am not sure how the points are calculated? Wish it were easy to know. I know Princess just changed theirs to # of cruises or nights aboard to calculate their levels. Is RCCL similar ? Thanks.

One point per night, unless you are in a JS or better stateroom in which case it is 2 points per night.

There are also promos once in a while when Royal gives extra points. For example, the last 2 years in the month of December, they have given extra points for Diamond level members. There was a promo for booking this past March which gave extra points for a select list of cruises.

One point per night, unless you are in a JS or better stateroom in which case it is 2 points per night.

There are also promos once in a while when Royal gives extra points. For example, the last 2 years in the month of December, they have given extra points for Diamond level members. There was a promo for booking this past March which gave extra points for a select list of cruises.

Thanks! But when they transferred previous cruises they didn't transfer the total number of days. Guess that's why I was unsure of process. We did a 9 day in 2006 but only 8 were transferred.

Refer to this link for benefits and levels:

Member Benefits & Cruise Rewards: Crown & Anchor Society | Royal Caribbean International - Royal Caribbean International

Every stateroom level up to and including balcony conveys 1 point per night at sea. JS and above conveys 2 points per night at sea. This is the value accumulation for each cruise you take.

Thanks! But when they transferred previous cruises they didn't transfer the total number of days. Guess that's why I was unsure of process. We did a 9 day in 2006 but only 8 were transferred.

They used a formula instead of actual days in the switchover.

They used a formula instead of actual days in the switchover.

Yes that's what I was told but somehow they couldn't explain. Since they use the number of nights now I wonder why the lesser number for previous cruises? Who knows only 1 night but it could make a difference!

Archived