cove balcony

ktravel

We have only had inside rooms. I am thinking of going to a cove balcony on the Breeze on our next cruise. Is it really worth more money to go to balcony. What is the difference on balconies?

Someone else will answer better than me. But I always booked inside rooms for the lower price, then had some extra $$ & splurged on a balcony. Every cruise since that time, we book a balcony. It is so wonderful to sit out there w/ a cocktail or book & just watch the sea float by. We've done an extended & normal balcony, next up cove on the Dream. If you do a cove, check your location as to what is above you. Some experience noise from the galley or theatre above. Good luck, enjoy the breeze.

We are typically an inside cabin family also bit finally booked a cove on the magic after much debating and researching. I have to say I have always wondered and now im pretty excited about it! Is it worth the money? I don't know yet, but thr thought of spending the morning eating breakfast from room service on the balcony with my husband, then a quiet evening once the kiddo is asleep with just the two of us out there watching the water sounds fabulous and I can't wait!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

My husband and I enjoy eating breakfast on the balcony, and sometimes it is nice to escape the crowds and read on the balcony. We've never had a cove balcony before, though. We're considering it for the cruise we're planning now. People in general seem to like them.

Here's my question about cove balconies - they're on Deck 2, which is right below the galley and dining rooms and other active areas. I bet some cove balcony rooms will be louder than others. I want to choose wisely ... How can I tell what is directly above or below certain cabins? I can't find a deck plan that helps with this. Anyone know? I hesitate to choose a cove over a balcony room higher up where I know for sure all that is above/below me are other cabins.

TIA for advice!

My husband and I enjoy eating breakfast on the balcony, and sometimes it is nice to escape the crowds and read on the balcony. We've never had a cove balcony before, though. We're considering it for the cruise we're planning now. People in general seem to like them.

Here's my question about cove balconies - they're on Deck 2, which is right below the galley and dining rooms and other active areas. I bet some cove balcony rooms will be louder than others. I want to choose wisely ... How can I tell what is directly above or below certain cabins? I can't find a deck plan that helps with this. Anyone know? I hesitate to choose a cove over a balcony room higher up where I know for sure all that is above/below me are other cabins.

TIA for advice!

On the main carnival website, under the explore your ship option, there is an interactive deck plan that will show you this!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We have only had inside rooms. I am thinking of going to a cove balcony on the Breeze on our next cruise. Is it really worth more money to go to balcony. What is the difference on balconies?

Having a balcony is like having two rooms on a cruise; sort of like a sun porch, another place to experience your cruise. We've had regular balconies, afts, extended, suites, and a Cove. Although I wouldn't say I'll never sail without one, it really does add a lot to the cruise experience.

We had the choice of an aft or Cove on our 2nd sailing on the Dream, I picked the Cove, Room 2431. It was the most noisy room at night we've ever had, it sounded like the crew was literally dropping keg after keg of beer on the floor all night long. :eek: Our room steward said that the more center the Cove balconies were, the less noise. Although there was noise all night long, the views of the ocean were incredible. The sound and smell of the ocean, you don't get that in a balcony on the upper levels. :)

We've loved every balcony we've had, but a regular balcony can be the best deal on the ship. Extended are nice, suite was too big, Cove was fantastic being so close to the water, our fave is the aft.

HTH - Ms B.

TIA for advice!

Check out cruisedeckplans dot com, slash DP, slash Main, slash dragit, dot php. You can drag the decks over each other to see exactly what is above & below your room. The main concern with the coves is the galley/kitchen. The previous poster had a room right below the galley. Stay forward of the midship elevators to not be below the galley. The lobby may have some noise in the daytime, but it'll be quiet late at night. And being below the dining room shouldn't be a problem.

OP, we have a cove booked for the Breeze, even though we usually are happy enough with inside rooms. The balcony doesn't seem to add much for me, but they decided to splurge this one time, especially since people have loved the coves. Being close to the water should be really nice, seeing the water rush by so quickly. The coves are more private than the higher balconies on this style of ship, as the deck 5 lanai is an obstruction. And deck 2 is a really great spot! Having stayed all over ships of this style, I think deck 2, between the midship and forward elevators, is the best spot on the ship.

Thanks k2excursion! That deck plan site is super-handy!

Well personally, after researching cove balconies I was totally sold on getting one under the dining room. It sounds to me like if you get one in a good location they're great. Unfortunately the cabins I had in mind were already booked. That's what I get for making such a late decision about this cruise! Oh well. Maybe next time.

But ktravel, if you're booking ahead of time and can get a cove balcony under the dining room, I'd say go for it! We've loved our balcony cabins.

We tried a cove on the last cruise on the carnival magic and it was nice to be able to sit outside and watch the water go by.

3 or 4 of the days the cove balcony was too wet to use though, lots of spray and crusted on salt. it was nice when we were in port and one day at sea.

no more noise than any other cabin from that aspect.

We usually book interiors, but did a Cove once, and a regular balcony a couple times. I would do Cove again ANY day. Regular balcony? - not unless I get a super price. The Cove is closer to the water, and you get the sound and the smell of the ocean. :)

We have done the Coves two times on the Dream, and are up for our third next year. We love them, We were mid-ship port side both times and never had a noise problem. Love watching the flying fish and having breakfast, and just having a great time out there with the sound and smell of the passing water so close:D

view from our first cove experience back in '10.....

2656155090105995419S600x600Q85.jpg

We were in a cove balcony in December and would do it again in a heartbeat! We were in 2297-or 2293 i think.. and we were lucky because we happened to get a break between the lifeboats above so it was an open view! It does get wet and it stays that way but it didn't bother us too much..

AND- I am confident that I won't book anything other than a balcony.. once I booked my first, I was spoiled and I won't settle for,anything less. I don't even look at other options when I book.. if its not in my price range then i look for different dates or other things to make it cheaper. We had my 1 yr old niece with us so i was concerned about a balcony but it was enclosed enough to make me feel safe with her. Also, it made embarking and disembarking so much easier being closer to the gangplank. You are making a great decision- just be prepared to be spoiled by the balcony! :-)

Having a balcony is like having two rooms on a cruise; sort of like a sun porch, another place to experience your cruise. We've had regular balconies, afts, extended, suites, and a Cove. Although I wouldn't say I'll never sail without one, it really does add a lot to the cruise experience.

We had the choice of an aft or Cove on our 2nd sailing on the Dream, I picked the Cove, Room 2431. It was the most noisy room at night we've ever had, it sounded like the crew was literally dropping keg after keg of beer on the floor all night long. :eek: Our room steward said that the more center the Cove balconies were, the less noise. Although there was noise all night long, the views of the ocean were incredible. The sound and smell of the ocean, you don't get that in a balcony on the upper levels. :)

We've loved every balcony we've had, but a regular balcony can be the best deal on the ship. Extended are nice, suite was too big, Cove was fantastic being so close to the water, our fave is the aft.

HTH - Ms B.

We chose a cove below shore excursions desk for the reasons you describe. That is another thing I've learned from frequenting this board. We cannot wait to try out our cove.

We just got off the Dream a week ago and had a cove balcony. We had cabin 2305. Although we did not experience any noise, what I did discover is that the way the lifeboats are above, there was an extreme downdraft when standing at the balcony edge looking out. Also, there was something constantly running right above the balcony at the overhead lifeboat that had another downdraft.

Other than that, it was great. Very quiet as it was under guest services. I would book a cove again in a heartbeat when available. Just be careful where it's located.

We saw a whale, a huge sea turtle, a large pod of dolphins right up to the ship that were jumping and belly smacking, and flying fish...

Archived