Odd Final Payment Glitch

I was looking at RCI's site yesterday and say that my final payment was due on July 24, not unusual because we sail on September 22. So today I went to make a payment and when the my account updated on the screen it showed final payment due on July 9. I went back to the section on cruise reminders and it still says July 24.

I called RCI and while very helpful the best answer that they could come up with was it was a glitch and my final payment IS due on July 9. They thought it was do to a promotional code on my account that the RCI staffer did not recognize. Turns out that code was for the $100 OBC for the WOW sale we booked under, which makes it odd that it wasn't recognized.

So be sure you check your final payment dates and make sure if you also have two of them, that you pay by the earlier one.

I was looking at RCI's site yesterday and say that my final payment was due on July 24, not unusual because we sail on September 22. So today I went to make a payment and when the my account updated on the screen it showed final payment due on July 9. I went back to the section on cruise reminders and it still says July 24.

I called RCI and while very helpful the best answer that they could come up with was it was a glitch and my final payment IS due on July 9. They thought it was do to a promotional code on my account that the RCI staffer did not recognize. Turns out that code was for the $100 OBC for the WOW sale we booked under, which makes it odd that it wasn't recognized.

So be sure you check your final payment dates and make sure if you also have two of them, that you pay by the earlier one.

Good advice.

July 24 is unusual for a 7 day cruise leaving September 22. Normal final payment date for a 7 day cruise is 75 days before the cruise. Unfortunately, errors on Royal's website are all too common.

I'm curious if you had the written Guest Copy of your booking. The final payment date should show on that. Wondering if the error appeared on the written copy also.

I did everything on line, so I do not have a printed copy of this. I might have an e-mail, but I have to check DW's e-mail account as we used it instead of mine.

The Guest Copy of your booking is normally a PDF file attached to an email. If you don't have it, call Royal and ask them to email it. It's good to have that in printed form if you have any on board credits.

I have always booked thru our local TA, and receive a copy of our booking which shows the final payment date. Each time I authorize my TA to call into RCL or whichever cruise line, I will receive a statement from our TA showing the payment and balance owed. As an added assurance such payment was made, I check our Credit Card statment online.

Archived