Luggage labels

magpieman

Not long to our cruise on Ventura we travel on 17th June.

What happens about luggage labels?

I have had some to print from my cruise personaliser if I want extra so I assume the real ones will come via the post, is that right?

You should have them in your cruise info. Sent out about 6 weeks before you travel. These are card.

If you 'Go Green', I don't think you get anything in the post at all.

We too are cruising on 17 June (on Adonia) and no luggage labels yet. Have phoned P&O who insist they are on their way. I want the cruise info book too! Lots of people cruising on 17 June haven't got them, but those cruising on 03 July have, very odd.

First time we never got the book with the labels inside and we didnt go green. We leave this weekend. We have printed off the ones from the cruise personaliser and put them in plastic envelopes. No way the paper versions would stay intact with staples.

I have never "gone green",. but in the past before emailed labels, if I wanted an extra one or two I scanned an old P&O label and typed in the correct info - cabin no etc and laminated it. It always worked. You do have to get the correct deck colour though. I am sure I have seen a list on the forum somewhere.

I had SIX coloured labels for the two of us on our 7n cruise last week, they were in the back of the 'Your holiday information' brochure which came 4 or 5 weeks before we sailed which also had details of dresscodes, and tours to book. I had already booked mine anyway about 3 weeks beforehand when they had come online.

I've used the self print labels twice now on run of the mill copier paper with no problems at all it's not necessary to go to the expense of laminating or photographic paper they work fine. I did put maybe a dozen or more staples in them though.

I had to use paper ones last year when we had a late cabin upgrade. I put sellotape around the edges which made them tear resistant. No problem with them and they survived there and abck.

Brian

I used to laminat but if not flying I do not bother and have not had a problem.

If I wanted more just go into your cruise personaliser and print some more.

This forthcoming trip I have printed my own and had some sent from the internet booking agency twice and some fancy ones inside my P & O literature, each time with a, "Thank you" for "Going Green".

How is it green when YOU the fare paying customer have to use YOUR printer ink and YOUR paper, YOUR LAMINATER, AND your sellotape to SAVE them postage and sending you their labels....?

what a lot of tosh. !:rolleyes:

Hi, I have travelled with Princess and now with P&O.

The paper labels are the same size.

I solved the problem by buying inexpensive re usable e-cruise tag holders for approx £2 each form an online store in the UK

here is the link

www.cruisegiftstore.co.uk

This was a great site! Thank you. The only trouble is that I spent far more than £4 on a couple of tag holders! Lanyards....teddybear.....key ring with cruise clock countdown....make great presents for cruise addict friends!

This was a great site! Thank you. The only trouble is that I spent far more than £4 on a couple of tag holders! Lanyards....teddybear.....key ring with cruise clock countdown....make great presents for cruise addict friends!

Oops, Glad to be of help and sorry I forgot to mention the risk of spending more.....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived