24 day B2B on Riviera

jeanine

We are booked on a 24 day b2b on the Riviera. Next March. All of the cruises we have taken so far have been port intensive. This one visits several ports in the Caribbean and a couple in Spain and Morocco. Quite a few sea days. Has anyone been on a cruise like this? Did you find enough to do on the sea days? We both still work, DH is self employed and I am a part time flight attendant. We are active people. Curious about your thoughts. We booked this cruise while on our last one, Sydney to Auckland. It was such a great value we couldn't pass it up.

Transatlantics DO tend to have a lot of sea days!

All I can say is that when we started actively cruising I disliked sea days. Then we did a Buenos Aires-Valpo cruise which had a lot of sea days because many of the ports were two days apart. I came to appreciate sea days.

Since then we've taken several transatlantics and I have come to enjoy them very much. NOW I'm unhappy when a cruise is so port intensive that we only have one seaday, or maybe even none.

It does depend on where you personally are in this condition. There usually are activities planned on a sea day.

Mura

Transatlantics DO tend to have a lot of sea days!

All I can say is that when we started actively cruising I disliked sea days. Then we did a Buenos Aires-Valpo cruise which had a lot of sea days because many of the ports were two days apart. I came to appreciate sea days.

Since then we've taken several transatlantics and I have come to enjoy them very much. NOW I'm unhappy when a cruise is so port intensive that we only have one seaday, or maybe even none.

It does depend on where you personally are in this condition. There usually are activities planned on a sea day.

Mura

I can relate to this, Mura.

I too disliked sea days early on in our cruising - now I appreciate them more.

On Oceania you do have to provide some of your own entertainment (reading, etc.) as their activities are not as plentiful as on some of the larger ships. There will be things to do - you'll have to decide if the activities are to your liking.

We are booked on a 24 day b2b on the Riviera. Next March. All of the cruises we have taken so far have been port intensive. This one visits several ports in the Caribbean and a couple in Spain and Morocco. Quite a few sea days. Has anyone been on a cruise like this? Did you find enough to do on the sea days? We both still work, DH is self employed and I am a part time flight attendant. We are active people. Curious about your thoughts. We booked this cruise while on our last one, Sydney to Auckland. It was such a great value we couldn't pass it up.

We did the B2B and it was 12 days in Carribbean and 16 day TA. This was our first TA and first time on Oceania on the Regatta. I was surprized at how many activities there were. We had cooking demos, great Lecturer, mind games, Trivia,photo classes,Ship building contest,and one day at sea an old fashion contry fair.Ther were other things to do such as bridge, reading , table tennis, shuffleboard etc. The only drawback was the nightly entertainment was the same on both parts of the cruise and once you saw the show it really was not worth seeing again. But this started me on Oceania and I will be doing the Inagural TA in Nov. on Riviera and can hardly wait as it is a new ship and I love TAs.

Bill

Archived