4th and probably not the last Royal Caribbean Cruise

That's funny.

It is interesting to see where everyone's priorities lie when it comes to choosing cruiselines, ships, and itineraries. I read the original thread and though, "I could come up with so many 'better' reasons not to sail Royal again.... like their customer service department." Just goes to show everyone has different reasoning behind where and who they cruise with.

I haven't been on a cruise yet and said, "I will never sail with this cruiseline again."

That's funny.

It is interesting to see where everyone's priorities lie when it comes to choosing cruiselines, ships, and itineraries. I read the original thread and though, "I could come up with so many 'better' reasons not to sail Royal again.... like their customer service department." Just goes to show everyone has different reasoning behind where and who they cruise with.

I haven't been on a cruise yet and said, "I will never sail with this cruiseline again."

Neither have I. But it doesn't mean I don't expect some people to have a complaint about some aspect of one of their cruises. If they posted a constructive criticism it might go over better and posters might be a little more understanding and willing to provide advice. No person or business is perfect. It just seems odd to make an inflammatory statement about a cruise line on a message board dedicated to a specific cruise line and expect people to take your word as gospel and fall inline. :cool:

There are SO MANY reasons to LOVE what we do! That's why we're all addicts!!

I agree with those who reported that they'd prefer NOT to have alcohol included in their price. Have you seen the costs of the package plans?? Clearly the cruise lines vastly over-estimate my alcohol tolerance! I'm happy to allow those with higher tolerance levels to supplement my cruise cost. (Thank you...very sincerely.) I tend to prefer very port-intensive cruises and I just can't possibly consume enough alcohol during my few hours on board to make those packages break even!!

Yeah...I guess it would be nice to be able to carry on a bottle of wine for the room, but is' NOT a big deal for me.

The anticipation is a big key. As you will see from my signature, my next cruise is nearly two years away!! I've had a bad-economy induced dry spell of late and I feel like an addict in withdrawal. Knowing I have something BOOKED...even TWO YEARS OUT...allows me to imagine!!

I really enjoy cruising and RCI has a provided a great experience on our previous four cruises. So much so that we have another booked in 3 months. We would go more often but the wife went back to nursing school so it limits our vacation time for the next year. :(

Any way, I really enjoy Captain Morgan and diet Coke and the wife enjoys her wine with an occasional frozen drink mixed in for good measure. RCI doesn't allow us to carry on liquor so to solve our problem of having drinks without being able to carry them on we don't smuggle and instead purchase drinks from one of the many fun and exciting bars on board. Amazingly this has never caused us a problem as the drinks have tasted great and we don't have be to bothered with carrying it on ourselves, mixing drinks or trying to make frozen drinks without a blender.

So in anticipation of our upcoming cruise, and to help pass the time in an enjoyable way, I thought I would start this thread about one of the many pleasures of cruising.

:)

I agree!

I am Diamond and therefore get free wine, and I still smuggle for the convenience of having it available in my room.

Can't wait to hear about the cruise and see the pics!

There so many great things I love about cruising, but I guess #1 would be the wonderful cared -for feeling I get from staff in almost every encounter. They work very hard, and it is all to make us happy and safe. We have been on 5 cruises (30 days altogether), and have had almost no bad experiences. The worst was a shore excursion that did not live up to its billing, and we got a refund.

I really enjoy cruising and RCI has a provided a great experience on our previous four cruises. So much so that we have another booked in 3 months. We would go more often but the wife went back to nursing school so it limits our vacation time for the next year. :(

Any way, I really enjoy Captain Morgan and diet Coke and the wife enjoys her wine with an occasional frozen drink mixed in for good measure. RCI doesn't allow us to carry on liquor so to solve our problem of having drinks without being able to carry them on we don't smuggle and instead purchase drinks from one of the many fun and exciting bars on board. Amazingly this has never caused us a problem as the drinks have tasted great and we don't have be to bothered with carrying it on ourselves, mixing drinks or trying to make frozen drinks without a blender.

So in anticipation of our upcoming cruise, and to help pass the time in an enjoyable way, I thought I would start this thread about one of the many pleasures of cruising.

:)[/quote

HAHAHA yes this is awesome. Thank you so much for giving me a great laugh tonight, and I couldn't agree more with you.

I really enjoy the "smell" of royal's ships!! I don't know how to explain it....it's a mix between clean and saltwater-either way, I love it!!! I've always noticed it on Royal's ships....it must be the cleaners they use, but anytime I think about vacation, this is the first thing that pops into my head. And the ding sound of course :)

I agree with the drinks-we usually do smuggle something on (I know, it's bad...) but the last few cruises we have had maybe one drink out of our supply. We just spend way too much time out of the cabin and they really do make good, strong drinks (in our experience) That's the a big reason why we like cruising more then all inclusives-we could save a bunch of money by going to all inclusive resorts, but we never seem to get the right drink. At least when we're paying for the drinks on a cruise, we're getting exactly what we want. I sound a bit like a lush...we do cruise for a lot more reasons then alcohol!!!! :eek:

I love the smell too! I can actually close my eyes and sense it when I'm not on the ship.

Since we have never lived where we have family nearby, when kids were growing up, all vacations were used to see grandparents. We took our first "real vacation" when DD was senior in HS as that would be the last same schedule for many years.

Since that time, we bought timeshare, gone to AI, cruised, road trips, camped. We have some good friends that only vacation at all-inclusives. We found for us, not worth it at all. Drinks and food were not great so not worth it to us. We love using the time-share so much that my folks bought into the same company to vacation with us. We don't want to do the same thing year in and year out so we only do that every other year.

The opposite year may be a cruise, or land vacation, or just camping (we also have trailer).

Bottom line for us is any vacation is a good vacation. A cruise is not the same as sitting of a beach for a week; a camping trip is no where near as luxurious as cruising (I still have to cook and make my own drinks :p); and a road trip is no where near as relaxing as the beach. I want to do it ALL!!!

I'd like to say the countdown is half the enjoyment...but man is it tense! :D

Thankfully Cruise Critic is hear to help some of the days pass by a little quicker while building the anticipation!

If you really need something to help cary you through there is always the option of a short cruise with the Steamship Authority. However, their version of the Windjammer is sorely lacking in EVERY sense of the Word!:D

If you really need something to help cary you through there is always the option of a short cruise with the Steamship Authority. However, their version of the Windjammer is sorely lacking in EVERY sense of the Word!:D

:eek::eek::eek:

Got it!

But those of us that did, totally enjoyed it!!!

WHAT A GREAT POST!!!!!

Thanks for the saturday morning chuckle!!!!

It's only a Saturday morning chuckle because you were late to the party! Try not to be so fashionably late next time! :p;)

That other thread is ridiculous.

The other thread is fun..kinda like poking the bee hive with a stick!!!!!!

I will probably stop crusing on RCI...seems all those employees on board remember my name...gotta be an identify theft ring!!!!!

Suspicious!!!!!

The other thread is fun..kinda like poking the bee hive with a stick!!!!!!

I will probably stop crusing on RCI...seems all those employees on board remember my name...gotta be an identify theft ring!!!!!

Suspicious!!!!!

And they're always smiling, saying hi and asking if I need anything. It's so weird...don't they know politeness went out years ago.

After reading some of the posts on the other thread I half expect the RCI employees to try and pick my pockets as I board.

And they're always smiling, saying hi and asking if I need anything. It's so weird...don't they know politeness went out years ago.

After reading some of the posts on the other thread I half expect the RCI employees to try and pick my pockets as I board.

Which thread are you talking about?

Love the thread! Great title! My son and I will be going on our 4th cruise next May. My favorite part is when we first board, we always go to the pool area. He swims and i sit in a lounger and buy my first of many foo foo drinks! Just sitting there in the sun, knowing my long awaited vacation has finally begun is an awesome feeling! And I don't bring on my own liquor for 2 reasons. First, I'm a chicken. :p Second, as I mentioned, I like foofoo drinks only on a cruise and mine would not be near as good as what I buy on the ship! I usually reserve my OBC money for drinks!

Archived