Worst Seasickness Experience-

musicgal

Crossing the Irish Sea in 1997. Turned out we decided to do it during the worst gale they had seen in thirty years. Dishes flying off the shelves in the restaurants, bottles flying off the shelves in the Duty Free shop, the ferry listing so far you'd see nothing but sea one minute then sky the next when looking out the windows...

I was actually only mildly seasick, but I saw some people who were seriously ill. I won't go into detail but the bathrooms and passageways were nasty. I remember one poor girl sitting on the floor with her arms wrapped around a pillar crying and telling her friend that she knew we were all going to die.

It was bad enough that we ended up not being able to get back to the UK that night and had to spend the night in the ferry terminal in Dún Laoghaire.

The seas going back the next day were no picnic either, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the trip over.

We sailed out of San Diego on the Spirit the day of the Japan Earthquake and subsequent Tsunami. That first night the usually calm Pacific coast the boat was moving pretty good. It was my worst sea sickness experience becaue, although I was not bothered, twice that evening was sitting next to people who became ill and soiled the floor. The cruise staff immediately cordons off the soiled area causing me to have to relocate from a hot slot machine and later causing the closure of the craps table for a while while the cleaning crew took care of business.

ChipQ http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

DH and I have never had any problems but friends of ours did. They sailed out of Baltimore on the Pride in March. There was a storm of some kind but I've asked others on this cruise ( they had no problems). It was so bad they ditched the ship in Florida and rented a car, finished their vacation and flew home. I think they're crazy.

Inspiration last fall was in some really rough seas. Someone left a cabin trash can in the hall half filled with stinking vomit. It sat there 2 hours before being removed. Totally disgusting.

I got seasick on my dad's boat in the Atlantic on a fishing trip. Seas were rough.

Went on a fishing boat and 2/3 of the people were sick. It was really pitching in terribly rough seas.

Looking at the horizon never helped me.

I felt a bit queasy on the Queen Elizabeth on a transatlantic in 1964. Had to excuse myself from the MDR when the server poured green slime all over my lamb. He came to my cabin and brought me an apple. He then took me on a kind of Behind the Fun tour of the ship. It was great. The waves were gigantic in the northern Atlantic only the first day. The water in the glasses on the table was sloshing.

Vision of the Sea...LAX to Vancouver...it was rough the whole way. We almost got off in SFO and drive home. Instead we tough it out and went the all the way.

Never able to cruise again for a few years.

Now I am so hook...

I don't get sea sick, but QE2 and QM2 in the off season on the northern trans-Atlantic. We saw force 10-12 every time. I went weightless in my bed one night when the ship pitched down, and often open decks were closed off due to 75+ knot winds over the decks (we had only slowed to 25 kts due to the seas). When they did open them, you could lean back at a 45° angle and the wind would hold you up!

- I remember one poor girl sitting on the floor with her arms wrapped around a pillar crying and telling her friend that she knew we were all going to die.- Rudyard

Yep- I've felt like that:o

Carnival Glory, Sept. 2010....NYC had been hit by a Tornado. All night long the drawers and cupboards kept falling open, then shut. The noises from the wind on the Balcony were awful. Our last day at sea, it seemed as if everyone was seasick. No one could eat, hubby was green.....stayed in bed most of the day. We both said that was our last cruise......but how quickly we forget......Going on the Valor next Feb....wish us luck!

Carnival Glory out of NYC vs. Hurricane Irene August 2011... very unpleasant seas! Artwork coming off the walls, glasses & plates falling of the tables. People vomitting everywhere. We were OK, but there was a ton of sick people!

I got seasick for the first time coming back to NYC from Boston on board the Glory in late September 2010

Yesterday, on the NCL Gem i got a little bit of sickness due to a rough storm coming from port carnival

I was sick on our last cruise (Sept of 2011) on the Dream. We came within 80 miles of a hurricane and you could definitely tell. It didn't help that we had a spa cabin so we were on a higher deck. I would leave the bathroom door cracked for a little bit of light each night. The door would swing all of the way open and swing shut, the things on the bathroom shelves slid around, the towels in the bathroom were swinging back and forth and we even slid around in bed.

It was so bad that my husband woke up from a dead sleep because he felt the ship shift. He had to turn on the tv to see what the weather was like. We were experiencing high winds on top of the waves. Luckily for us, after about the second day, it calmed down. We had asked employees if they felt the movement, but they said they are used to it. I was sick even though I took motion sickness pills every day, which has worked on every other cruise.

While I do not get sick but rather dizzy, I have a feeling I will have an experience to share after I get back from Miracle this week. Bringing a lot of Bonine. Darn those tropical storms.

My first cruise was on the Norway (NCL) out of Miami. I was 6 weeks pregnant, and I could not take any meds. I was ok until I was washing my hair the first morning. After that I was miserable. I lost 10 pounds that week :) I tried everything...seabands, ginger tea, etc.

I was never so happy to see land for our first stop. The tender was getting to everyone -going up and down pretty roughly, but I was fine with that.

My first cruise was on the Norway (NCL) out of Miami. I was 6 weeks pregnant, and I could not take any meds. I was ok until I was washing my hair the first morning. After that I was miserable. I lost 10 pounds that week :) I tried everything...seabands, ginger tea, etc.

I was never so happy to see land for our first stop. The tender was getting to everyone -going up and down pretty roughly, but I was fine with that.[/quot

blindhrtd- when it hits, it hits good and strong. I did a few parabolas on the KC 135 here in Houston over the Gulf unmedicated. Thought I was going to die.

Archived