Costa Rica

CDreamer

Hi Guys: Sorry Dave that I misunderstood your itinerary. Jim, the email from Juan Carlos is as follows: From 2 to 4 passengers: Includes: Transportation, bilingual guide driving for you,entrance fee to National Park. Cost $59.00 per person

From 6 to 18 passengers: Includes: Transportation bilingual guide and driver, entrance to National Park Cost $67.00 per person. Private transportation will be: For 2 passengers $220.00 Includes transportation, bilingual guide driving for you and entrance fee to National Park.

Do you read this that if the 4 of us go together, the cost drops to $236 or $118 per couple instead of the $220 privately????

Hi Guys: Sorry Dave that I misunderstood your itinerary. Jim, the email from Juan Carlos is as follows: From 2 to 4 passengers: Includes: Transportation, bilingual guide driving for you,entrance fee to National Park. Cost $59.00 per person

From 6 to 18 passengers: Includes: Transportation bilingual guide and driver, entrance to National Park Cost $67.00 per person. Private transportation will be: For 2 passengers $220.00 Includes transportation, bilingual guide driving for you and entrance fee to National Park.

Do you read this that if the 4 of us go together, the cost drops to $236 or $118 per couple instead of the $220 privately????

Hi Maxine. Sounds like it. It would be nice to save a few bucks. Even if we don't, it will be fun to share the ride. We have often met friends that we enjoyed doing things with on the transport to the ship. Nice to meet someone before you even board.:D Gee, only a mere 250 days to go for us.

Edited by Jim Avery

• 1 month later...

While enjoying the posts of those on board in the Med, I realized it is now a mere 200 days to go for Costa Rica.:eek::D I have never booked so far out for anything except the Maiden Voyage of Queen Mary 2. We are really looking forward to CR and meeting you, Maxine.:D

J & L.

Thank you Jim. By the way, it seems to me you have posted on the Seabourn pages. Is that you and do you have a Seabourn deposit in the future? We are also doing the Med (Monte Carlo to Rome) on June 22. Not so far in the future.

Thank you Jim. By the way, it seems to me you have posted on the Seabourn pages. Is that you and do you have a Seabourn deposit in the future? We are also doing the Med (Monte Carlo to Rome) on June 22. Not so far in the future.

Don't currently have one booked but yes, I do post over there. had a wonderful Med cruise on the Spirit. Would chose them first for the Med.:D

• 1 month later...

Hey Jim, hello to you. Did you see my post on the "June Med cruise"??? It was terrific and I can't wait for Costa Rica. Payment will be made when due. How are you and Lois? How can you stand life without a cruise? Maxine

Hey Jim, hello to you. Did you see my post on the "June Med cruise"??? It was terrific and I can't wait for Costa Rica. Payment will be made when due. How are you and Lois? How can you stand life without a cruise? Maxine

We have done a few trips, just not SeaDream.:eek: We are getting ready for SD though. Loved your posts. Glad it went so well. See you soon.:D:D

Does anyone have any advice, preferences or tips on the ship's shore excursions for Costa Rica? We will be 4 people sailing on the SD1 Dec 14 departure.

So far the only one we are locking in on is the Canopy Tour. Hope it is like the canopy scenes in "Medicine Man".:eek::D We have enjoyed Zip Lines in the past but the last one we did in St. Martin was a SeaDream excursion and was what I imagine Seal Training might include.:eek: Lois was covered with bruises and we were both very dirty after the Survival course.:eek: Not interested in that experience again. Otherwise, show us a beach or the Pool Deck.:D

So far the only one we are locking in on is the Canopy Tour. Hope it is like the canopy scenes in "Medicine Man".:eek::D We have enjoyed Zip Lines in the past but the last one we did in St. Martin was a SeaDream excursion and was what I imagine Seal Training might include.:eek: Lois was covered with bruises and we were both very dirty after the Survival course.:eek: Not interested in that experience again. Otherwise, show us a beach or the Pool Deck.:D

Thanks Jim. I'll have a look at the canopy tour. Don't think we'll be doing any zip lining as DW does not enjoy it as she usually spills her wine. :eek:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, I am a TA with clients on the 12/14 sailing. I see COMMODOREDAVE is using Coach Costa Rica for the same sailing. Wondering if you are at all open to sharing your ride with my clients from California. I have not contacted them yet, just wanted to see if you are open to it first. They will be arriving in CR on 12/13, and returning back to California on 12/15. Are you staying at the Marriott pre/post as well?

Adele

Hi Adele,

We are on the Nov 30th Caldera r/t. Have been speaking with MCAVANAUGH about sharing transport. We are staying pre cruise at the Marriott that was originally a coffee plantation. Don't have the paperwork in front of me so not sure of the full name but it looks great and the reviews are good.:D

Hi all, I am a TA with clients on the 12/14 sailing. I see COMMODOREDAVE is using Coach Costa Rica for the same sailing. Wondering if you are at all open to sharing your ride with my clients from California. I have not contacted them yet, just wanted to see if you are open to it first. They will be arriving in CR on 12/13, and returning back to California on 12/15. Are you staying at the Marriott pre/post as well?

Adele

I'm afraid it won't work on the first leg as we arrive CR 12/12 and head to the Marriott Los Suenos on the Pacific coast. However, it might work on the return leg as we depart the ship in Puerto Caldera on 12/21 for the San Jose Airport hotel. We already have another couple sharing our transport, but Coach Costa Rica may have a large enough van for 6 people with luggage -- you'd have to check with them.

Edited by commodoredave

Thanks Jim! Either way, I'm booking my clients with Coach Costa Rica, but thought it might be nice for them to share with other Sea Dreamer's :) After all, we all debark as friends, right ;)

If CCR has a large enough vehicle, I'm sure they will put us together. Saves them money.

Just for anyone's peace of mind, we used Coach Costa Rica about 6 years ago and thought they were fabulous. We did airport to our hotel, 2 days tours of local sites in the San Jose area, transfer to Caldera to board Windstar, return transfer from port to airport hotel, etc. I think you will be pleased with their services. Have a great trip! Wish I was going again but just can't swing it this year!

We received our documents for the November 9 cruise yesterday. We usually complete our documents online for the $50 on board spa credit instead of receiving the document holder and luggage tags. This option is no longer being offered by Seadream, I guess we will receive another one next week for the B2B. What a shame and waste as we have a document holder we prefer to use. I would much rather have the spa credit. Things are changing!