Costa Rica

CDreamer

Very interesting, I just checked the voyages list and several CR cruises, including our Nov. 30th, are no longer listed.:eek: Sold out or gone to charter??:eek: Or maybe just website maintenance glitches.:D

They're there now.

I haven't received any emails either and we are scheduled from Nov.30 to Dec.14th. I mentioned earlier that I got no help from calling SeaDream. I tried James Caballo today and he was out. I did get an email from Swisstravel acknowledging receipt of my email and promising to contact me later with more information. I think all our efforts are premature since the packages and details are not yet complete. Will keep you all posted. Maxine

I have found a time delay getting emails to SwissTravel answered as well. I have found out that the packages DO NOT include transport from the ship back to the airport.:eek: I am trying to clear up what they would add on for that service but it is not very clear yet. Will post when I know more.

OK Jim. If that doesn't work out try Coach Costa Rica. I thought they were great and Commodore Dave is using them for port to airport for what I remember was a very reasonable price.

Yes, we are using Coach Costa Rica for all of our land transportation, including Caldera to the airport. $100 for the two of us. I have contact info for Coach Costa Rica should anyone need it.

Yes, we are using Coach Costa Rica for all of our land transportation, including Caldera to the airport. $100 for the two of us. I have contact info for Coach Costa Rica should anyone need it.

Yes, I would like that info.

Thanks,

J.

Thanks Commodore. We were signing up for the SwissTravel for the 2 day 1 night package with airport to hotel, 1 night Marriott, 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, volcano tour and park admission and delivery to SeaDream in Caldera. We were quoted $772 for all that for 2 persons. It did not include Caldera to the airport. When asked, they quoted an additional $508 for 2 from Caldera to the airport.:eek: That put us back into the "do it yourself" camp.

Jim: We experienced the same thing with Swisstravel and elected to "do it ourselves". I'm still trying to establish transportation and may have to forgo the trip to the volcano. Have you found a substitute as yet? Maxine

Jim: We experienced the same thing with Swisstravel and elected to "do it ourselves". I'm still trying to establish transportation and may have to forgo the trip to the volcano. Have you found a substitute as yet? Maxine

Yes, have booked with the Commodore's suggested transfer company and booked the Marriott listed with SeaDream. Just liked the look of the Marriott and what we will want is a nice place to re charge from the flight, a few nice drinks and a meal or two. The next day the volcano tour and the transfer to Caldera are covered. Looking forward to a great trip. Sorry the SD stuff became so awkward (for lack of a better word). :D

Maxine, you can book a volcano tour with Coach Costa Rica too. That's the same company Commodore and Jim are using for transfers from ship to airport. We used them for tours, transfers,etc 5 years ago and we were quite pleased. Check them out. Commodore gave their info a few posts earlier. (I'm somewhat computer challenged or I would have copied it to this post!)

Maxine, you can book a volcano tour with Coach Costa Rica too. That's the same company Commodore and Jim are using for transfers from ship to airport. We used them for tours, transfers,etc 5 years ago and we were quite pleased. Check them out. Commodore gave their info a few posts earlier. (I'm somewhat computer challenged or I would have copied it to this post!)

Right. That is what we did, booked the Poa Volcano tour for on the way to Caldera. $220 for the two of us, including the Volcano Park admission. Then the good part---delivery to SeaDream.:D

I expect we'll use Coach Costa Rica as well, since we have to get from the ship to the airport, since we are on the first cruise going into Costa Rica. May book the volcano as well!

Thanks to Whatnot for her info and to the Commodore for the address!

Vandrefalk

Thanks everybody. I have already booked the Marriott and will contact Coach Costa Rica. Jim, we are starting on the November 30th cruise and b/b ending December 14th. Do you think that Coach Costa Rica does individual tours or will they combine us? Do you care? Maxine

Thanks everybody. I have already booked the Marriott and will contact Coach Costa Rica. Jim, we are starting on the November 30th cruise and b/b ending December 14th. Do you think that Coach Costa Rica does individual tours or will they combine us? Do you care? Maxine

Would absolutely love to share with Yall. Will look for you at the Marriott.:D

Jim & Lois

Maxine, we are arriving SJO 3:12pm on United. I hear the Marriott is a very short ride from the airport. If not that transfer, for sure the trip to Caldera via the volcano. Contact Jose at the address the Commodore gave. Just was conversing via email a little while ago and are set up. He says he will get the arrival info and deposit when we get closer. Have booked the Marriott yesterday. Too bad it is still eons away.:eek::D

Thanks so much Jim for your reply. Would love to join up with you and the Commodore. I don't have air yet. We will probably try to do Delta through Atlanta. I know that you will be leaving after the first cruise (I think) but am really looking forward to meeting you and Lois and the Commodore (another Dave). I just emailed Juan Carlos and hopefully will hear from him soon. Will keep you posted. Maxine (and Dave).

Thanks so much Jim for your reply. Would love to join up with you and the Commodore. I don't have air yet. We will probably try to do Delta through Atlanta. I know that you will be leaving after the first cruise (I think) but am really looking forward to meeting you and Lois and the Commodore (another Dave). I just emailed Juan Carlos and hopefully will hear from him soon. Will keep you posted. Maxine (and Dave).

Yes, we will be dragged off kicking and screaming while you recline on the pool deck.:eek::D

Dear Jim and Commodore: Have heard back from Juan Carlos. I wrote him back about the group thing and he is going to write again tomorrow with a possible cost reduction. Hope that is ok with you fellows. Maxine

Thanks for thinking of us, but we are on the next cruise departing Dec 14 (to the 21st), so can't join in on the shared transport. I just ask that you and Jim leave some alcohol on the ship. ;)

Thanks for thinking of us, but we are on the next cruise departing Dec 14 (to the 21st), so can't join in on the shared transport. I just ask that you and Jim leave some alcohol on the ship. ;)

You are asking a lot there Dave.:eek::D