Vancouver BC Hospitality

We have heard that in the Vancouver Airport, the Canadian Tourist Bureau has an area/counter where you can receive information about transportation to the cruise ship terminal(s). They can direct you to the various options available. Has anyone used this before and how did it work? :confused:

We are a pretty hospitable province, but you could just walk right out the door and take a cab. You have a couple of options to the port, Cabs and Limos will be right outside the doors or you could take the sky train downtown and walk a couple of blocks. There are some great people that work at the airport to help you out.

We are a pretty hospitable province, but you could just walk right out the door and take a cab. You have a couple of options to the port, Cabs and Limos will be right outside the doors or you could take the sky train downtown and walk a couple of blocks. There are some great people that work at the airport to help you out.

Do they offer champagne on arrival? If they did that would be great hospitality and certainly increase tourism. :D

We have heard that in the Vancouver Airport, the Canadian Tourist Bureau has an area/counter where you can receive information about transportation to the cruise ship terminal(s). They can direct you to the various options available. Has anyone used this before and how did it work? :confused:

Here is a link to what I believe you are looking for:

http://www.yvr.ca/en/navigating-yvr/tourist-information.aspx

However basically you have 4 options to get from the airport to the cruise ship terminal at Canada Place:

• a limo at a cost of $52 plus 12% tax and tip
  • a taxi at a cost of about $35
  • the subway which is called the Canada Line which cost $8.75 pp and takes you to Waterfront station which is about a 3 blocks from Canada Place
  • There is also a shuttle operated by the limo company, it is a milk run that takes some time to get to Canada Place and costs about $25 pp return.

Here's a picture of the counter where you can obtain info; it's just as you leave the international arrivals area into the unsecured portion of the airport.

https://picasaweb.google.com/vancouvercruise/CanadaLineYVRToCanadaPlaceWaterfrontStation#5371844292442381714

As for best, it really depends on you, but our light rail system (Skytrain) has a line from the airport to downtown Vancouver (ends 3 blocks from the cruise terminal). Price is $8.75 ($3.75+airport surcharge).

Here's a picture of the counter where you can obtain info; it's just as you leave the international arrivals area into the unsecured portion of the airport.

https://picasaweb.google.com/vancouvercruise/CanadaLineYVRToCanadaPlaceWaterfrontStation#5371844292442381714

As for best, it really depends on you, but our light rail system (Skytrain) has a line from the airport to downtown Vancouver (ends 3 blocks from the cruise terminal). Price is $8.75 ($3.75+airport surcharge).

Cheers, great info.:D

So to recap, you're bringing a supply of VB and Tim Tams and I'm supplying the Moët right? deal :)

I thought you were in Paris, anyway, I can bring TimTams no problems but would Canadian Customs even allow me to bring a case of beer. If it does, I would prefer the beer to be James Boags, Carlton Draught or Cascade. Mic:D

I thought you were in Paris, anyway, I can bring TimTams no problems but would Canadian Customs even allow me to bring a case of beer. If it does, I would prefer the beer to be James Boags, Carlton Draught or Cascade. Mic:D

You could definitely bring in some beer, but you should try some local stuff while you're here. Try some Granville Island beers. Pale Ale is good. And yes, I'll be in Paris on the 2nd, enjoy your cruise!

You could definitely bring in some beer, but you should try some local stuff while you're here. Try some Granville Island beers. Pale Ale is good. And yes, I'll be in Paris on the 2nd, enjoy your cruise!

Thanks will certainly try the local brews. You have a great trip to Paris and we will just have to meet up elsewhere, sometime in the future. Mic:D

Archived