Hotel in Barcelona

caber

We have booked the Eurostar Grand Marina in Barcelona for an overnight stay before our cruise next month.

Has anyone stayed there or knows how far away from the Princess berth? It looks in the same area but how far would we have to walk or would a taxi be required?

• 2 months later...
I am currently booked at Hotel 1898. I am someone can comment on their stay. It has great reviews but you never know. Thanks

I stayed at this hotel this past August...great Las Ramblas location..check Trip Advisor for the many reviews including mine (2clb)..While I did have some problems..they may not be ones that you encounter or would care about.;)

I am currently booked at Hotel 1898. I am someone can comment on their stay. It has great reviews but you never know. Thanks

I stayed at Hotel 1898 last fall and it was wonderful - not a thing wrong. Comfy bed, nice amenities, no sound bleed from outside, wonderful rooftop lounge to spend an evening with a glass of sangria, and a nice pool in the basement to cool down after a day of sightseeing (when I was there in October the outdoor rooftop pool was closed).

I stayed there for 6 days, and it's a great location near lots of sights and neighbourhoods, with easy access to the metro. I'd recommend you experience breakfast in La Boqueria market about 2 blocks away.

We have booked the Eurostar Grand Marina in Barcelona for an overnight stay before our cruise next month.

Has anyone stayed there or knows how far away from the Princess berth? It looks in the same area but how far would we have to walk or would a taxi be required?

We stayed at the Grand Marina for three nights at the end of oiur AMA Waterways Rhone River cruise (Paris to Barcelona). It is a five star hotel, very nice. If you have breakfast included the buffet is super. If not included, it is very pricey and you might wish to go elsewhere for breakfast.

The hotel is on the water and you can see the cruise terminal and some of the cruise ships from the hotel.

Also, it is a short walk to the column of Colon (Columbus) and Las Ramblas.

The rooms are very spacious and modern.

There are no set berths for cruise lines; plus I believe there are no pedestrians allowed on the long causeway to all the berths. However...

Walk back towards the Columbus statue, and there's a [blue] port bus that runs along the waterfront and stops at all the cruise berths. Cost is €2.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html

I second taking the Port (Blue) Bus pick it up across from the column of Colon (Columbus)for few Euros.

I second taking the Port (Blue) Bus pick it up across from the column of Colon (Columbus)for few Euros.

The taxi from the Gran Marina was 7 Euros to take us to the port. Some people walked, but it is at least half a mile and the pedestrian walk over the bridge is narrow for dragging a lot of luggage.

The taxi from the Gran Marina was 7 Euros to take us to the port. Some people walked, but it is at least half a mile and the pedestrian walk over the bridge is narrow for dragging a lot of luggage.

• 7 months later...
Has anyone stayed at the Atlantis or the Regencia Colon? We're trying to decide for a post cruise stay in September.

I was looking at both...but read the reviews about Regencia Colon and many said it was noisy. Atlantis was sold out for our dates.

So we booked the Hotel Colon. We've never been to Barcelona and this hotel looks wonderful!

Archived