Seasons for Bahamas

I did post this in the port of call threads... but we are much more active here...

Can someone tell me if it is better to do Half Moon Cay in June 2013 or September 2013?

We can't book until THIS October...

so I am worried that all the June 2013 cabanas may be sold out..

so September would be better...

but isnt that hurricane season?

:confused:

Missed HMC both in late November of 2010 and just a few weeks ago, late April, 2012. Made it early February of this year though...... it's all a crap shoot. Cross your fingers and hope for the best!! ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Btw, we're booked for mid April of 2013 and going to try it again. Good thoughts! :)

Missed HMC both in late November of 2010 and just a few weeks ago, late April, 2012. Made it early February of this year though...... it's all a crap shoot. Cross your fingers and hope for the best!! ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Btw, we're booked for mid April of 2013 and going to try it again. Good thoughts! :)

Thanks...

but - a crap shoot because of weather? or do you mean actually being ABLE to book a cabana is a crap shoot?

MomtoJJandJ: what is the weather like in Feb - was the water too cold to swim in. We were there for the first time this past April - water was "refreshing" by the end of the day, but a bit cold first attempt in the morning.

Hannahsmomtoo: hope you get there. It's beautiful with soft, soft white sand and not a whole lot to do but relax and enjoy. Bring your own water bottle from the ship and fill up by the bar-b-q area instead of paying $3.00 for water at the bar.

While June is technically the start of Hurricane season, the tropics don't usually get crackin' until August and beyond.

If I was you I would book a June trip over a Sept trip if you have your heart set on a particular port.

While June is technically the start of Hurricane season, the tropics don't usually get crackin' until August and beyond.

If I was you I would book a June trip over a Sept trip if you have your heart set on a particular port.

That helps.. thank you !!!

I too would choose June over Sept. due to hurricane season as well, as Sept. is much more active than June.

Keep in mind that HMC does occasionally get missed due to weather; wind will churn the sea into waves that do not work with tendering. But for HMC, I would take my chances. Paradise. And it's still paradise w/o a cabana! :)

Hmmpf.. so either of my choices is right smack in hurricane season....

Yes . . . BUT hurricanes tend to peak later in the season. There has already been a TS this year, but historically there are more events in September than in June.

I agree, most hurricanes occur in August, September and October.

To give you an idea, some Caribbean resorts shut down and close all of September and October.

Archived