Suite Amenities Package

vcrjoe

Is this particular to certain ships? I looked on both our upcoming cruises and did not find this listed for sale under indulgences.

I believe that, for cruises greater than 7-10 days, you need to book the package through Ship Services. They do not show on the website under Indulgences. At least, that's how it was for my 14 day cruise in June. It should be available on all ships for all cruises (unless there is an limit to the number of packages).

Do you have to buy 2 packages ($399 x 2) to get 2 bathrobes for DH/Myself?

Sounds like a decent deal!

No, the SA package for two (one cabin) includes two monogrammed bathrobes. You might be more original than we were with the monograms; we chose MOM and DAD. :)

There are a couple of threads on this in the archives. We priced it out at one point and if you would use/buy most of the items then it is convenient and probably a slightly good deal.

In the end we decided we'd rather do tea in the MDR (vs arranging room service), and we would wait and see if we needed/wanted laundry and bathrobes. Turns out we didn't-- even though we packed anticipating using laundry so I guess what they say about bringing half of what you think you need is right! Also, we didn't even manage to finish one bottle of alcohol, so we were just as happy not to be schlepping a second bottle home in our luggage.

I'm having trouble figuring out how this is a good deal. Most of these things can be acquired ala-carte and it doesn't seem to add up. But, I've never been good at math. :o

I guess there are a couple things that cannot be purchased and those may be more valuable to some than others. I did look at this for our upcoming cruise, but just could not justify the price. What am I missing?

Whats this about Unlimited Laundry? Is this a package available on its own? I've never heard of it. I can find the Suite Amenities which includes laundry.

$7/day for cruises out of U.S. ports. I have heard some report $9/day for European cruises. Call Ship Services (800.541.1576) to book (and pay) in advance. Or sign up on the ship and it'll go against your shipboard account.

I'm having trouble figuring out how this is a good deal. Most of these things can be acquired ala-carte and it doesn't seem to add up. But, I've never been good at math. :o

I guess there are a couple things that cannot be purchased and those may be more valuable to some than others. I did look at this for our upcoming cruise, but just could not justify the price. What am I missing?

I think it is worth the money IF you use everything in it and IF you are not 3 or 4*;) We wouldn't use everything in it - so a la carte would work for us if we needed it:D

I think it is worth the money IF you use everything in it and IF you are not 3 or 4*;) We wouldn't use everything in it - so a la carte would work for us if we needed it:D
I suppose you're right. I would not really use most of the things. Robes, flowers, high tea or cold canapes don't really interest me all that much. I can order something better than the cold canapes off the room service menu any time. When I inquired, the 2 bottles of liquor I would be interested in are not on the list and would be an additional charge. I can order them for a little over $100. Wine, same deal, especially with Mariner discount. Laundry and pressing is nice, but easy to do ala-carte. The special disembarkation privileges are nice, but don't seem all that special to me and I can eat in the Pinnacle for $50.

The suite amenities that are important to me are unlimited dry cleaning, priority tendering, Neptune Lounge and the concierge service. None of those are included.

But, you're right, if all those are important to you or work for you, then great. $400 just seems like a lot to pay to me.

I suppose you're right. I would not really use most of the things. Robes, flowers, high tea or cold canapes don't really interest me all that much. I can order something better than the cold canapes off the room service menu any time. When I inquired, the 2 bottles of liquor I would be interested in are not on the list and would be an additional charge. I can order them for a little over $100. Wine, same deal, especially with Mariner discount. Laundry and pressing is nice, but easy to do ala-carte. The special disembarkation privileges are nice, but don't seem all that special to me and I can eat in the Pinnacle for $50.

The suite amenities that are important to me are unlimited dry cleaning, priority tendering, Neptune Lounge and the concierge service. None of those are included.

But, you're right, if all those are important to you or work for you, then great. $400 just seems like a lot to pay to me.

I'm with you. I'd just assume book the suite and have the Neptune Lounge and the Pinnacle Grill breakfast and the concierge:D Of course, that is more than $400:eek: usually - but not much more on this suite deal I got for next week:D

Oh, how could I forget to mention breakfast in the PG. That is my absolute favorite suite perk. So nice and quiet, unharried and relaxing. I eat breakfast there almost every morning on a cruise.

Not to mention the huge room and great veranda...

totally agree - I love breakfast there - DH makes fun of me - but I know he likes it too:D:D It's just so civilized:)

Archived