How much would you pay for the following?

Have received a couple of FREE upgrades from inside to Oceanview, last minute booking picking up docs at the pier, but would never pay for one. The price difference is usually almost the same as when you booked your cruise. What would be the point?

Just wondering how much people would pay extra to get a balcony?

Also, would you upgrade from an inside room on deck 7 to get an oceanview on deck 2 (carnival freedom)?

Txs

I wouldn't pay more than $100 extra more for a window (worth if for a 4j on the front though IMHO) and not more than an additional $250 for a balcony.

I am hardly ever in the room and have no desire to find a reason to hang out there any longer then required. I am sure a balcony is nice but I am not to worried about not having one. My friends got one on the Alaska cruise and they were on it for a total of about 20 minutes combined lol.

Also, would you upgrade from an inside room on deck 7 to get an oceanview on deck 2 (carnival freedom)?

Txs

I have no idea how much more a balcony costs because it is the only cabin type we even look at. Worth.every.penny.to.us

(As for your 2nd question, I would pay any amount to upgrade from an inside to oceanview.)

I'm not spending the money for a cruise without being able to see, hear, & smell, that beautiful water & scenery anytime night or day in the comfort of my own room/balcony.

Txs

Carol & I have always had a window or a balcony. I don't think I could cruise in an inside room. I feel that it would be too claustrophobic for me! Also, we are part of the few (based onreading many posts) that actually spend a decent amount of time on a balcony reading, playing scrabble, etc.

As I have posted previously, there are some advantages to being on Decks 1 & 2 especially when returning from ports of call as you do not have to wait for the elevators, if you can walk a couple of stairs.

DH and I upgraded to a balcony when we sailed the Dream two summers ago. We were able to upgrade for a mere $20.00 per cabin, (we had a total of two rooms for our family) so we jumped on it (cove balcony.) However, we seldom used it.

Not to say we wouldn't do it again, but for now, that's the most we'd pay. (We'll definitely book a balcony if we ever do a Mediterranean cruise.):)

We almost always book the cheapest interior rooms. With the money we save by not booking ocean views and balconys every 2-4 cruises we cruise in an interior rooms pays for the cost of another cruise for the 2 of us. We will usually save between $250-$400 by not getting a "better" room. But with that said, if we have a chance to upgrade our room for a pretty minimal price we will jump on it. $200 to go from an interior to a balcony I would probabaly take.

I would pay whatever it takes to get a balcony in the location we want. We tend to go for the higher decks and in the aft section of ship. Not a lot of foot traffic and running through the halls.

On my first cruise I was bumped up to an ocean view free. Last year, we booked inside but ended up paying an extra 80pp for a balcony because my mom smokes and it was her first cruise. She loved the balcony, loved sitting out there. We were on Verandah deck. Personally, I'd have been just as happy being in the oceanview or inside room and spending the money elsewhere. I never sat on the balcony and it was too windy most of the time. I'm probably in the minority but I would much prefer the oceanview.

She who must be obeyed won't sail unless it's an unobstucted balcony. I add my own condition of staterooms over and under to minimize noise. Those conditions add $ 5-600 over inside for a week. I can appreciate choosing to spend that money differently.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk 2

I have not read everyone's responses, but this is mine.

We have done the inner, window and balcony. Unless you are going to be using the balcony a lot, I would not go that direction. The inner room is fine, but we like the window, that way we can see when we come into port, etc.

The amount you're willing to pay for a balcony is something you'd have to decide if it's worth it. I've been inside for a short cruise and it felt like a closet to me. After that I had a balcony and booked another for our next cruise. I have kids and enjoyed sitting outside at night with my husband when they went to bed. We also enjoy our morning coffee in our robes on the balcony. And although it's crazy, I feel 'safer' with an escape route. Silly I know :o

I love the balcony and have always had one. BUT I am seriously considering trying an inside or OV because I want to cruise more and would be able to do so if I dont get a balcony....then I would consider upgrading if the price was right.

We paid about two or three hundred more for a "scenic ocean view" room on our upcoming 7day cruise on the Valor to the S. Carribean next March. That's the 6J category. You might ask "for that price, why not just get a nice balcony?" The answer has two reasons: One, my 9yr old son said he's deathly afraid of a balcony (fear of heights I suppose :confused:). The other reason we are just going to "go with it" on his fears is that I have a fear of cig. smoke. I can smell it miles away and my eyes will water within seconds. I don't want to spend the next 9-10 months anxiously 'wondering' if my next door neighbor is a going to be a smoker or not.

Being on 6J (scenic ocean view....floor to ceiling straight in front of the ship) also enables us to get outside really quickly as we'll be on the Lido Deck. I've never had the scenic ocean view, but am hopeful it's worth the difference in price from a regular ocean view room.:o (JFTR, I'd never do an interior room...messes up with my sleeping not seeing daylight)

I would pay some extra for a balcony.

But not a lot.

I did have a balcony once and it sounds nicer than it was.

We had creepy people next door who peeked around the balcony divider.

It was August in the Caribbean and it was so so hot on the balcony during the day and there was absolutely NO breeze.

I felt like a potato baking.

But I did like looking outside at night.

So maybe it would depend on where the cruise was and the time of year.

My sister loved having a balcony on an Alaska cruise.

I want to do an Alaska cruise, so someday I guess...

I would also pay about $60, more or less, total for an oceanview room in the winter.

I have done several january cruises and it was nice to have the window when it was too cold or stormy to stay outside.

A window is nice on the lower decks too as it is closer to the water.

I like a porthole too.

Just so that I know when it is getting light.

An inside is nice if you want to get some good naps.

So dark... as long as the room is not stuffy, like on my last cruise.:(

Archived