Changes in Dining Times on Noordam

user8

I just came from meeting with my TA trying to book B2B Mediterranean cruises on the new Noordam for next year. While she was on the phone to HAL, I was asked which seating I preferred for dinner and I told her "Early, Lower at 6:15". HAL then informed my TA that they are only having two seatings, early and late.

It looks to me, HAL is going back to their old dining times, at least on the Noordam. However, I had to leave before my TA got off the phone, so I don't know all the details such as what the dining times will be. Hopefully, my TA will call me tomorrow and clarify things.

Can someone tell me if the Noordam is a new ship as of 2/06 or is it being refurbished. We are planning to book the Noordam for a cruise this time next year ..

Thank You

Can someone tell me if the Noordam is a new ship as of 2/06 or is it being refurbished. We are planning to book the Noordam for a cruise this time next year ..

Thank You

The Noordams's inagural cruise is in 2/06. This si the 4th Vista class ship in HALs fleet. The previous Noordam was retired from HAL and sold to another line last year.

I am curious about the dining times as well. I have booked 6:15 pm seating for the Volendam next February. I was just getting used to the different dining times and kind of liked them. Do you think they changed the dining times for this particular cruise because its a european cruise???

A group of us are sailing on the new Noordam next April from NY/Caribbean and they also asked us if we wanted first or second dining. Am not sure if this is a change back to only two seating times or if they may be trying something different on the new Vista ship!? Perhaps it is just not in the computers yet for 4-dining times? Time will tell.

When I booked my Rotterdam Med/Europe B2B for the end of this month through June, I was asked if I like "early or late seating"? I told my TA I wanted the later, upper seating at 8:00. He told me that HAL was telling him he could only specify early or late, and it was a toss up as to which of the 2 seatings times, within the early or late block, I would be assigned. When the cruise docs came, I found that I received one REALLY early seating (5:45) and was wait listed for late and recieved one confirmed 8:30 seating.

My guess is that HAL's computers just assign people one of the two times within the the early or late blocked based on seating preference (large/small/two). This may make it easier for the Mat'd to accomadate requests. I know if it came down to it, I'd rather be assigned a 8:30 meal, with a larger table, then 8:00 with a smaller table. I might be completely off though.

When we recently booked Volendam for January, they took our reservation for 8:00 upper seating. No mention was made of a change in dining times back to the two seatings.

HAL took my 22 people for the Volendam next February for 6:15 pm., no mention that there would only be early or late seatings. Interesting, I'll be curious to see what happens.

I just talked again with my TA again and she said HAL told her their computer is presently only assigning either "early or late" dinner seatings. She further told my TA that they WILL STILL HAVE 4 SEATINGS. After HAL gets things straightened out, we will be told which of the early seatings we will have.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion if any of you run into the same situation as we did. But, believe me, I was confused.

I also heard from 2 sources, both directly linked to HAL, that there still would be 4 seatings, but the earlier times in each seating might be switched from upper level to lower level and vice-versa. What is being reported now might all be part of this possible change and HAL reps may now be taking requests for only early or main dining and not assigning upper or lower levels at this time since that might change. :confused:

Archived