Swizzle Inn south road question

fritzi164

Would like to stop at the Swizzle Inn on the south road this visit,,tried original last year and enjoyed it..thought we could incorporate with visit to the beaches on the south shore,,does anyone know which beach might be closest to the swizzle inn? We would be taking the public bus to beach and was hoping it may be short walk to restaurant...

thanks

The closest beach to the Swizzle Inn south shore.. is Elbow beach

Yes the closest beach is Elbow but I would not recommend it no real facilities availible unless you are staying at the hotel you are still better off going to horseshoe and taking the short bus ride to swizzle thats what we do every year.

Yes the closest beach is Elbow but I would not recommend it no real facilities availible unless you are staying at the hotel you are still better off going to horseshoe and taking the short bus ride to swizzle thats what we do every year.

Was under the impression you could rent chairs and there was a bathroom at Elbow Beach?

Mickey's is part of the hotel, not on the public beach side. It's conceivable they might have rentals for non-hotel guests, but I've never heard of it.

Last time I was at Elbow there were rentals from a company that rented a small building from the hotel. You were not allowed to use the chairs in front of the hotel. Had to set them away from the hotel. No facilities but used the restroom at the hotel bar on the beach. I don't know if that arrangement still exists.

I don't care for Elbow much. What I did as far as the South Shore Swizzle is go to Horseshoe on the bus, then after took a bus to the Swizzle, and then a bus back to Hamilton. (my ship was docked there)

The south Swizzle is a short bus ride from Warwick/Long Bay and Jobson's Cove, 2 beautiful beaches that are a 10 minute stroll along a sandy path from Horseshoe Bay where most cruisers will be. Elbow Beach (public area) has no facilities or amenities but is gorgeous too. We went to the Elbow Beach Resort and had drinks at Mickey's before touring the resort grounds and heading to Horseshoe.

But do look at the various maps (google) and you can see where Horseshoe, Warwick, and the Swizzle are in relation to each other. We're staying across the street from Warwick/Long Bay and the Swizzle is about 1 or 1.5 miles from us so a short bus ride or walk for a rum swizzle. Had a great time on their little deck last visit!

Archived