Question about the Main Deck on Westerdam

I recently checked on the cruise I have booked, and it has dropped a tiny bit in price, so I'm trying to decide whether to ask for a reduction or move us to somewhere better... so I was hoping for some advice!

I know that on the Main deck, the K rooms are bigger than other inside rooms, but what is all that empty space around them (the rooms all the way at the back of the ship)? Are they storage rooms that might be noisy, or something else? And at the very back, where there's normally cabins that have fancy verandahs, there is weird space... what is there?

Add to that, above those cabins is the main dining room. Is it noisy because of it? Has anyone experience in any of those rooms? (K1116, K1113, K1119, K1123)

Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it!

I recently checked on the cruise I have booked, and it has dropped a tiny bit in price, so I'm trying to decide whether to ask for a reduction or move us to somewhere better... so I was hoping for some advice!

I know that on the Main deck, the K rooms are bigger than other inside rooms, but what is all that empty space around them (the rooms all the way at the back of the ship)? Are they storage rooms that might be noisy, or something else? And at the very back, where there's normally cabins that have fancy verandahs, there is weird space... what is there?

Add to that, above those cabins is the main dining room. Is it noisy because of it? Has anyone experience in any of those rooms? (K1116, K1113, K1119, K1123)

Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it!

Thanks to other Cruise Critic Members I have photos and comments of a couple of the K's that you are asking about here: http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/Deck-1.html

Joanie

We had cabin K1116 on Nieuw Amsterdam and will book any K cabin on Main deck again.

The cabin is very large, also the same as J cat. on Main deck.

I got the impression that the space behind and beside it were cabins for staff and their families. We saw them going in the large door as you leave the elevator area.

We did not hear any noise, except occasionally we heard the big door close. But I'm sure I could count the number of times on one hand and we did a 14 day cruise.

These cabins are also located very well for the aft elevator, straight up to the aft lido deck and also just 1 or 2 levels up to the diningroom.

Enjoy your cruise in whichever category you choose.

Archived