HC Cabin on Celebrity Summit

Razl

There is not much available in the way of pictures of HC Cabins on any ship so I am providing some here. When we are cruising DH likes to use a scooter so he can get around the ship better. It helps to have an HC cabin so you are not tripping over the scooter or each other. ;) We had 6103 on the Summit last month and it was great. DH loved the location since we were just 2 cabins from the elevators. Here are the pictures of it. If you have any questions, let me know, and I will try to answer them.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/582791878qknGat

Thank you! Between this post and the post below about Bermuda, I'm about to start researching cruises there. My DH loved Bermuda back when he could walk (MS), and we thought it would be impossible to return there, between the Summit being an older ship and Bermuda not being accessible.

This information is most useful. Thanks!

There is the typical step over the sill for the door like a regular cabin. There might have been a ramp but DH can walk, just not very far, so we didn't try to locate, or ask, for a rank.

Thank you! Between this post and the post below about Bermuda, I'm about to start researching cruises there. My DH loved Bermuda back when he could walk (MS), and we thought it would be impossible to return there, between the Summit being an older ship and Bermuda not being accessible.

This information is most useful. Thanks!

The service was outstanding on the ship. They went out of their way to make it easier for DH. They helped him on and off the ship, while he was on the scooter, so he never had to walk if he did not want to. He was able to drive to the table on the scooter and move to the chair for dinner. They removed it and returned it when we were done. I can not say enough about the helpfulness of the entire staff.

Thank you so much for sharing this. My sister and I are traveling on the Summit in August. She uses a scooter so we decided on 8176 instead of a cabin near the elevator. Hopefully someone will post pix of that cabin.

Glad to hear the staff was so accommodating. My sister and I have cruised a few times and have never been disappointed. Usually at dinner she'll sit in a chair, so hopefully they'll have a little "parking area" for scooters, etc.

I'm looking forward to Bermuda. Starting to research what's accessible and what's not.

Thank you so much for sharing this. My sister and I are traveling on the Summit in August. She uses a scooter so we decided on 8176 instead of a cabin near the elevator. Hopefully someone will post pix of that cabin.

Glad to hear the staff was so accommodating. My sister and I have cruised a few times and have never been disappointed. Usually at dinner she'll sit in a chair, so hopefully they'll have a little "parking area" for scooters, etc.

I'm looking forward to Bermuda. Starting to research what's accessible and what's not.

Wonderful pick -- scooter can go right out on balcony and enough room to scoot around - more like a patio than a balcony. Enjoy! V.:)

I think that all the cabins are about the same for HC. They are built on the Sky Suite footprint so all regular balcony cabins should be set up like ours. I think you are in a CC room, so yours could be a little fancier than ours.

And they (waiter, asst, or Head Waiter) will take care of the scooter and "park" it for her. When you are ready to leave they will bring it back. So convenient. Have a great time, which I know you will.

We just sailed on the Summit for the repo cruise from San Juan to Bayonne. As others have noted, the rooms were quite nice and the staff was helpful.

However, it should be said that the Summit is an older ship and even though it has just gone through a refurbishing, they didn't seem to spend much on making the public areas more accessible. Not one of the pools has a lift and they are hard to get even close to. The "therapy" pool is impossible as you have to go up steps, across a deck, up steps and then down steps. Too bad, as on other ships I could at least sit on the edge and scoot myself in.

Also, not all of the doorways to the outside are wide enough to get through and there are several that have lips that a wheelchair or scooter can not get over. Unlike the solstice, there are very few automatic doors.

The new top deck and sunbathing area has no access at all. Several events happen up there.

All of that being said, we did have a good time and our room was wonderful.

We just sailed on the Summit for the repo cruise from San Juan to Bayonne. As others have noted, the rooms were quite nice and the staff was helpful.

However, it should be said that the Summit is an older ship and even though it has just gone through a refurbishing, they didn't seem to spend much on making the public areas more accessible. Not one of the pools has a lift and they are hard to get even close to. The "therapy" pool is impossible as you have to go up steps, across a deck, up steps and then down steps. Too bad, as on other ships I could at least sit on the edge and scoot myself in.

Also, not all of the doorways to the outside are wide enough to get through and there are several that have lips that a wheelchair or scooter can not get over. Unlike the solstice, there are very few automatic doors.

The new top deck and sunbathing area has no access at all. Several events happen up there.

All of that being said, we did have a good time and our room was wonderful.

Jon is sitting here agreeing with everything you have written. He didn't care for the doorways at all because you couldn't get out by yourself. The solarium doorways were the worse going back inside towards the front. They were almost too narrow for the scooter even with me opening it for him. Luckily he can walk some so he was able to get in the T-Pool but it is terrible that it is not available to people who might really enjoy using it.

Archived