Soda package - Oasis

Hi

If I buy the soda package can my husband take my card to the bar and get the soda for me, or do I have to go to the bar myself with my card ?

Normally he goes to the bar to get the drinks (mine and his), so I'm wondering if I also have to go as my card will have the soda logo on it.

As long as he has your card with the sticker or logo on it he can get you your soda they only look for the sticker they dont read the name

Hsterog, great news Thanks for reply.

Is it frowned upon or is it breaking the rules for a couple to share one soda package? This is something we typically do if we take our kids to fast food or a snack bar with free self-serve soda refills, my wife and I buy one soda for the two of us and we both drink from it. I know it's okay for us to do it in that type of venue, but what about on-board Allure? We want to save money, but we don't want to be classless renegades. :p

For CleveRocks - Sharing the pass is the same as shoplifting. You are taking away revenue from the cruise line, therefore, to make up for it, they have to make up for the shortfall by raising the price of my cruise!

This is something we typically do if we take our kids to fast food or a snack bar with free self-serve soda refills, my wife and I buy one soda for the two of us and we both drink from it. I know it's okay for us to do it in that type of venue...

Are you sure it's okay for you to share a drink there? I've always imagined that when a place offers free refills, it's kind of like a buffet... you pay per person who's consuming the refillable item.

Perhaps you've talked with the places' owners and they've told you it's okay. I've never asked because I've always just presumed that it isn't.

For CleveRocks - Sharing the pass is the same as shoplifting. You are taking away revenue from the cruise line, therefore, to make up for it, they have to make up for the shortfall by raising the price of my cruise!

They can add the $.04 to my next cruise. Or just charge me $10.04 for my next cocktail. Seriously with all the zillions of tons of food that is wasted by each and every passenger each and every day, the cost of a fountain drink or two is not even worth the cost of the bandwidth to discuss this here.

They can add the $.04 to my next cruise. Or just charge me $10.04 for my next cocktail. Seriously with all the zillions of tons of food that is wasted by each and every passenger each and every day, the cost of a fountain drink or two is not even worth the cost of the bandwidth to discuss this here.

Sometimes decisions are not about the money, they are about integrity. They sell the soda passes PER PERSON not PER FAMILY or COUPLE!! Seriously, I cannot imagine anyone feeling that it would be ok to share a pass.

Sometimes decisions are not about the money, they are about integrity. They sell the soda passes PER PERSON not PER FAMILY or COUPLE!! Seriously, I cannot imagine anyone feeling that it would be ok to share a pass.

Sorry...YOU were the one who brought up the money aspect by worrying about someone sipping on a coke obtained from their spouse's soda package raising their cruise price. I would like to believe I have a reasonably high integrity meter...I just won't pretend to be so high and mighty as to come on here and pontificate about the moral evils of drinking a coke. Heck, I don't even drink soda so it doesn't even apply to me. It's just a silly conversation.

Sorry...YOU were the one who brought up the money aspect by worrying about someone sipping on a coke obtained from their spouse's soda package raising their cruise price. I would like to believe I have a reasonably high integrity meter...I just won't pretend to be so high and mighty as to come on here and pontificate about the moral evils of drinking a coke. Heck, I don't even drink soda so it doesn't even apply to me. It's just a silly conversation.

Then why do you insist on responding? Or even reading the thread for that matter since you are not interested.

Then why do you insist on responding? Or even reading the thread for that matter since you are not interested.

You're correct. Just got caught up in something I shouldn't have commented on. My apologies to all!

Is it frowned upon or is it breaking the rules for a couple to share one soda package? This is something we typically do if we take our kids to fast food or a snack bar with free self-serve soda refills, my wife and I buy one soda for the two of us and we both drink from it. I know it's okay for us to do it in that type of venue, but what about on-board Allure? We want to save money, but we don't want to be classless renegades. :p

My kids share soda cards almost every cruise.

The bartenders don't care, they know they only have one but always give them each a drink.

The only place it is "frowned upon" is from certain people on this website, whom it has no impact on whatesoever...

The price that they charge for the soda card already has a mark up figuring that your going to share with a family member.

That is completely false :eek: ... I bet when you go to an all you can eat buffet with your entire family you only pay for one person. If the answer to that is NO then why would be ok to do it with a soda package.

Archived