Wireless cafe's in Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan??

momthecruisedirector

There are some cafes with internet service, but I don't have wireless, so I'm not sure, but you usually get a few minutes of internet access free with a coffee or for a nominal charge without. I know the library in Juneau has free internet access, and I think Skagway may, but don't know about Ketchikan.

Seward also has a public library w/ free internet access. But I don't think it's anywhere near big enough to handle the cruise crowds. We went there in the middle of the week (no ships in dock) and there was a line.

It would be nice if these cafes had more wi-fi. You can't upload your digital camera photos on the libraries' machines.

• 1 month later...

some Internet Cafe's I found useful May 2005:

Juneau: public library on the top of the parking deck, 5 minute walk from pier. Free terminals and free wifi access. Nice view, check out the attached photo.

Skagway: Alaska Cruise Ship services, on 2nd ave near main. $1 / 15 minutes.

Ketchikan: Surf City Internet Cafe, 425 Water Street. $5/ 20 minutes.

I only spent 20 minutes at each location. had I logged on from the ship it would have taken 3 times as long due to satellite latency, plus would have cost 10 times as much.

Juneaupuliclibary2.jpg.c2bc40fcb33ac6c4100fdf944a321720.jpg

we went to the library in juneau i think (can't remember which port but think it was juneau!! - must have been) - it was on the way back to the ship from the red dog - had to wait about 15 minutes then we had free internet for 30 minutes. Unless you have free internet b/c you've been with princess so long - it is very expensive on board.

it was weird getting on the net in port - glad that I did b/c I'd forgotten to send something important-ish but almost wished I hadn't - too much of a reminder of "the real world."

Of course, after the trip I now want to move to Anchorage!

Ann

Ditto dfd22120's experience, we used Seaport Cyber (Seaportel) in Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway. As stated, $5 for an hour. Ketchikan and Juneau stores had around 25 pc's available as well as wireless and wired service for laptops. In Ketchikan with our ship having internet problems, a few people were able to pick up the store's wireless signal while sitting out on the ship's promenade deck with their laptops. The Skagway location that we visited only had 4 pc's.

Archived