Just got off phone with CCL answers on Loyalty program

where is it written that the laundry perk is once per trip?

Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

Maybe you are interpreting it the way you want to support your argument.

Yes there have been post on this before about once per cruise but that was on a couple of cruises where they had so many Platinum pax they announced once for that trip.

Bill

I am interpreting it the way it is written. You are only guaranteed ONE wash and fold the way it is written. You can get more, of course, but after the first one, they have met their burden. This is evidenced by the fact that so many people on several threads said their steward told them it was one per platinum. Yes, some said there were a lot of Platinums on their cruise, but others just said their steward told them the rule was one per platinum.

If the benefit said, "complimentary slot tournament entry" and there were 7 slot tournaments on your cruise, would you assume you were guaranteed entry into all of them? You might, but they are not obligated to do so.

There is nothing in the old platinum benefit which guarantees unlimited laundry service. The wording only guarantees you one time. So to guarantee you x bags on different length cruises IS an added benefit. And to guarantee you unlimited laundry in Diamond is also an added benefit.

Look at it this way... John goes to work for a company that makes widgets. His salary is $50,000 per year. After the first year, the company's productivity goes up and John gets a $10,000 bonus. The same thing happens the next year and the year after that and the year after that. Then comes the economic downturn and the company gives no bonus. John says, "hey, I know times are tough,but why are you cutting my pay?" I think many on this board would agree with John that his pay was cut. The company says to John, "we didn't cut your pay, we still pay you $50,000 like we promised. The bonuses aren't guaranteed, and are not part of your pay".

So you might get unlimited laundry, but you might also get 1 bag. The only guarantee is 1....

Bob

I am interpreting it the way it is written. You are only guaranteed ONE wash and fold the way it is written. You can get more, of course, but after the first one, they have met their burden. This is evidenced by the fact that so many people on several threads said their steward told them it was one per platinum. Yes, some said there were a lot of Platinums on their cruise, but others just said their steward told them the rule was one per platinum.

If the benefit said, "complimentary slot tournament entry" and there were 7 slot tournaments on your cruise, would you assume you were guaranteed entry into all of them? You might, but they are not obligated to do so.

There is nothing in the old platinum benefit which guarantees unlimited laundry service. The wording only guarantees you one time. So to guarantee you x bags on different length cruises IS an added benefit. And to guarantee you unlimited laundry in Diamond is also an added benefit.

Look at it this way... John goes to work for a company that makes widgets. His salary is $50,000 per year. After the first year, the company's productivity goes up and John gets a $10,000 bonus. The same thing happens the next year and the year after that and the year after that. Then comes the economic downturn and the company gives no bonus. John says, "hey, I know times are tough,but why are you cutting my pay?" I think many on this board would agree with John that his pay was cut. The company says to John, "we didn't cut your pay, we still pay you $50,000 like we promised. The bonuses aren't guaranteed, and are not part of your pay".

So you might get unlimited laundry, but you might also get 1 bag. The only guarantee is 1....

Bob

This not true according to John's blog on 3/14/12. He comfirmed the wash and fold is unlimited.

Bob

it seems with no numeric value it is open to interpretation.

You see it one way, i see it the other.:)

Bill

I see a lot of people talking about cruising a bunch of times in the next 18 months to reach platinum...from what I have seen and heard you only get 18 months if you are at 8 cruises and you have 18 months to complete 2 more, of you get 1 year if you are at 9 cruises to complete 1 more...I think those with 7 or less aren't grandfathered in...and when I say AT, I mean COMPLETED, not booked.

Although, since this is all still speculation and nothing has actually been put in writing, who really knows.

First, let me apologize for being utterly confused:

My hubby & I have 7 cruises (65 days), if we decide to take the 8th cruise before June 25, after that cruise will we then be grandfathered into Plantinum? Does that mean we will automatically start receiving the benefits of a platinum on the 9th cruise or still on the 10th during that 18-month period?

We already have the Dream (7 days) planned in Jan. 2013. which will put us at 72 days if we don't take the 8th cruise now. So if I am understanding this correctly we will just need 3 more days to be Plantinum anyway without taking a cruise before June 25th???

It would have been commendable and professional if Carnival would have released this information at one time and had a detailed explanation of the new program...

Thank you in advance for your patience for explaining this to me:-)

My hubby & I have 7 cruises (65 days), if we decide to take the 8th cruise before June 25, after that cruise will we then be grandfathered into Plantinum? Does that mean we will automatically start receiving the benefits of a platinum on the 9th cruise or still on the 10th during that 18-month period?

We already have the Dream (7 days) planned in Jan. 2013. which will put us at 72 days if we don't take the 8th cruise now. So if I am understanding this correctly we will just need 3 more days to be Plantinum anyway without taking a cruise before June 25th???

It would have been commendable and professional if Carnival would have released this information at one time and had a detailed explanation of the new program...

No, you still have 18 months to take 2 other cruises before being grandfathered! actually on the 3rd you will be platinum.

three years for this crapola?? Thank goodness I am already platinum with 19 ( #20 booked) DS has 14 (15 booked) and DD has 10.. I booked her 10th in 2009 when they started spouting that things were going to change with the loyalty program. She hasnt cruised since with college, but atleast she has it and won't lose it. I have 2 FCC's to use, one I'm using in Dec. and the other in not sure yet as I am waiting to see the "official rules" of the new program. I also have a 10% off a 3 day I have to use by the end of the year, after a crappy cruise in 2010. SO... after I have used all of those up we will be going to cruise some other lines to see what they have to offer. I was trying to get to Milestone, but that isn't any big deal now, and they took away some platinum benefits which leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

It is what it is, but Carnival really dropped the ball, flunked the test however you want to spin it with this one!

With 8 sailed and 3 booked, I asked Carnival if my platinum perks would start with my 2 nd cruise which is is the 18 mo grace period. This was the reply..

No, you still have 18 months to take 2 other cruises before being grandfathered! actually on the 3rd you will be platinum.

As long as the next two sailings are within the 18 month grace period. You would get it on your 10th sailing.

I see a lot of people talking about cruising a bunch of times in the next 18 months to reach platinum...from what I have seen and heard you only get 18 months if you are at 8 cruises and you have 18 months to complete 2 more, of you get 1 year if you are at 9 cruises to complete 1 more...I think those with 7 or less aren't grandfathered in...and when I say AT, I mean COMPLETED, not booked.

Although, since this is all still speculation and nothing has actually been put in writing, who really knows.

This is what I was wondering. It appears that the 18 month grace period will only be offerred to people with at least 8 cruises. I have 4 with a 5th booked for Nov 2012 and 6th in Oct 2013. So booking four more short cruises wont granfather me in to platinum. Is that right?

Headed over to Carnival to voice my opinion...keep seeing everyone talking about the platinum being grandfathered....well I hate to inform Carnival, but us not so fanatical cruisers, that love to cruise,( but don't make it our sole type of vacation)...and are GOLD now are just a little ticked about being demoted to red.....absolutely find this unacceptable....if you are going to grandfather some past cruisers, then you should be grandfathering all past cruisers....because going on more cruises or spending more money to go on so called cruises, doesn't make that cruiser's monies any more important to your bottom line than mine. Just because we CHOOSE not to make cruising a lifetime goal in vacations, doesn't mean that when we do cruise, we aren't being LOYAL to Carnival. For this cruiser....4 cruises all with Carnival....kind of like loyality when buying a car....don't buy one that often, but when we do, it is always the same Make, and the same dealership....and they never seem to want to kick me back to new customer status and take away my extras for coming back!!!!!!

I am in the same boat! DH and I only have 4 cruises, total of 16 days. It will take forever for us to get to platinum, but right now we get kicked back to red from gold.... really?

This is what I was wondering. It appears that the 18 month grace period will only be offerred to people with at least 8 cruises. I have 4 with a 5th booked for Nov 2012 and 6th in Oct 2013. So booking four more short cruises wont granfather me in to platinum. Is that right?

The only way you could do this is to have sailed 8 times by June 25 and then you would only need 2 more in 18 months, so with 4 sailed, you would have to sail 4 more times on top of the other you already have booked...

My hubby & I have 7 cruises (65 days), if we decide to take the 8th cruise before June 25, after that cruise will we then be grandfathered into Plantinum? Yes Does that mean we will automatically start receiving the benefits of a platinum on the 9th cruise or still on the 10th during that 18-month period? During the 10th cruise or 75 days, whichever is sooner

We already have the Dream (7 days) planned in Jan. 2013. which will put us at 72 days if we don't take the 8th cruise now. So if I am understanding this correctly we will just need 3 more days to be Plantinum anyway without taking a cruise before June 25th??? If you don't cruise again before June 25 you will not be grandfathered in, but if you wait until the Jan 2013 cruise, if that puts you at 72 you would be platinum with just 3 more days...so really, you wouldn't need to be grandfathered in if you are that close anyway...

The reason they didn't put it all out there is they haven't OFFICIALLY put any of it out there...it was leaked and a few things were confirmed...but not everything...so, I guess we will have to wait and see all of the details.

I am in the same boat! DH and I only have 4 cruises, total of 16 days. It will take forever for us to get to platinum, but right now we get kicked back to red from gold.... really?

They haven't OFFICIALLY said if gold is going to be grandfathered or not, but if I had to guess I would say no or I think that would have been mentioned as I am guessing there are more gold than platinum cruisers out there...also, this will keep the head count down on the past guest party...which is really the only perk you lose out on my being gold and not red...

This will be interesting to see...

The OP here doesn't need to worry with the number of cruises taken. They are going to hit the 75 day limit without worrying about being grandfathered or taking cruises within a certain time frame.

The fact is that the grandfather issue is really going to benefit those who have taken a lot of short cruises. If you have taken 7 and 8 day cruises you are going to hit 75 days prettily easily.

Most cruisers will NEVER reach Diamond level, so once they reach Platinum, their number of nights won't really matter anymore. If they cram in a bunch of short cruises, they can at least reach Platinum in the 18 months with less than 75 nights. Otherwise, it will take most cruisers much longer to reach Platinum than it did in the past (since most people don't cruise 7+ nights on average).

are 250 days plus.....I am not WOWED but dont really care, as there is little gained by me that I dont already get, or do anyway...CCL is outta Ideas for me. Time to continue with other lines after I reach my 50th..just book 3 more, then get my 50 % OBC on the next one. moving forward!

Fall of '06.....reached milestones , Fall '09...I have 256 already sailed nights/days. I have 4 more booked up til April '13..total 288 days..OK since I dont do MATH on Fridays, and have waded thru most of the Posts, can someone please tell me what My Colour Card will I have on Sept cruze? I will almost be double Milestones ( if you will) by April Repo to Spain.

Thankx to everyone for the enlightening info..especially " DAVE/Jetskier, and TELM" for his continued input in almost every facet of cruzin (DAVE..you need to visit the Fashion n Beauty Boards):D....109 days til next cruze..Off to the UK, Olympics madness and to catch Titanic Museum, Military Tattoo, and some Welsh ancestors.

They haven't OFFICIALLY said if gold is going to be grandfathered or not, but if I had to guess I would say no or I think that would have been mentioned as I am guessing there are more gold than platinum cruisers out there...also, this will keep the head count down on the past guest party...which is really the only perk you lose out on my being gold and not red...

This will be interesting to see...

Indeed, many here who could be dumped into Red are hoping to be Grandfather'd Gold (catchy isn't it? lol), and that not being officially mentioned in leaked materials thus far is an oversight and we'll be in the run for Platinum too.

As for grace period limited to those with eight cruises to shoot for Platinum, seems odd imo. It'd be a win-win for CCL to allow current past guests to book multiple short cruises in order to grab a few drinks at the past guest party. It's bizarre but the 'status' and perceived value of keepng that perc appears to be a powerful motivator, myself included. :o I look for prices to rise on CCL's 3 day itinearies and otherlines will increase their prices too due to demand.

Fall of '06.....reached milestones , Fall '09...I have 256 already sailed nights/days. I have 4 more booked up til April '13..total 288 days..OK since I dont do MATH on Fridays, and have waded thru most of the Posts, can someone please tell me what My Colour Card will I have on Sept cruze?

Hmmm..what color? According to the "leaked" info, there are blue, red, gold, platinum, and diamond cards. The color of the diamond card looks to be a silver type of color - lighter than the diamond one. You get a white card now for milestone, correct? I guess you'll get whatever color "diamond" is - a clear card, LOL.

Nothing confirmed as to what the S & S cards they will be useing. There were 3 different types and they all were not to great. So it will be whatever. Not much difference between the platinum and the gray. At least milestone was white, don't know what they will do with that. Milestone is really 1 cruise and diamond will be 1 cruise all the perks come from platinum. June 11 will be interesting, for some reason I don't feel good about it. This looks like 1 screwy loyalty program with there 1 cruise perks.

Hmmm..what color? According to the "leaked" info, there are blue, red, gold, platinum, and diamond cards. The color of the diamond card looks to be a silver type of color - lighter than the diamond one. You get a white card now for milestone, correct? I guess you'll get whatever color "diamond" is - a clear card, LOL.

for 3 years....white card..the question was..will I be Diamond with all my Sea Days/nights/head in the bed?....I saw the pics of cards.....still not the answer...am I to be a Diamond????? with my 288 days sailed? tx

...I'm wondering when these new cards will start being Standard Issue..

Hmmm..what color?

According to the "leaked" info, there are blue, red, gold, platinum, and diamond cards.

The Release comes out June 11th. I believe. Will the new style cards commence at that date too?

I'll be needing examples for my cruise-card collection.

See a few examples here..

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/aplmac/Misc/Ship%20CARDS/

for 3 years....white card..the question was..will I be Diamond with all my Sea Days/nights/head in the bed?....I saw the pics of cards.....still not the answer...am I to be a Diamond????? with my 288 days sailed? tx

According to everything published so far, yes, definitely you will be diamond; you have well over the 200 days required:)

Archived